Just off Valor. Great cruise! Anybody have a question?

ScottJames

Formerly, aboard Valor, there was a hole in the wall fried seafoods place upstairs from Rosie's. Few people knew about it at the beginning of the cruise, but by the end, it was slammed. They offered fried seafoods, including oysters. Was that place still operating? Think it was called, Fish and Chips...

Edited by Fishtales6

Formerly, aboard Valor, there was a hole in the wall fried seafoods place upstairs from Rosie's. Few people knew about it at the beginning of the cruise, but by the end, it was slammed. They offered fried seafoods, including oysters. Was that place still operating? Think it was called, Fish and Chips...

Yes it was open when we were on board.

We are going on the Valor next month and I am curious about formal night (s) and what things to pack are a necessity, such as hair dryer. Do you know if there are laundry facilities on board?

Are there plenty of activities to fill our day on the days at sea?

It's been several years since we've taken a cruise and I am sure there have been lots of changes in that time.

Thanks

We are going on the Valor next month and I am curious about formal night (s) and what things to pack are a necessity, such as hair dryer. Do you know if there are laundry facilities on board?

Are there plenty of activities to fill our day on the days at sea?

It's been several years since we've taken a cruise and I am sure there have been lots of changes in that time.

Thanks

Which itinerary are you on--eastern or western? I'm doing the eastern in a few weeks, and in my research/reading reviews, it looks like elegant nights are the first sea day, and San Juan.

There are laundry facilities on board. There is a self-serve option (I think I've read $3/load for each wash and dry), or the wash and fold service, which I believe is $15/bag. The bags aren't large, but we usually do it both to keep packing light and because we like to come home with clean laundry instead of ending vacation by getting home and having work to do right away!

Not sure about hair dryers or activities on sea days. We primarily spend our sea days basking in the sun and reading, and don't really do the activities.

Were you on this itinerary ... ?

departure day out of Port Canaveral

day at sea

- Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. 9a-4p

- St Thomas, US Virgin Islands. 11a-7p. *Havensight

- San Juan, Puerto Rico. 8a-4p

- Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos. 12p-6p

day at sea

arrive Port Canaveral

By chance did you bring home your FunTimes ? Would you be willing to scan or take pics of them and share ? Or any other 'papers' they gave you. Also, did you take pics of the evening menus or any other menus ? Thanks !

Edited by angela12345

Also, they have a new cruise director. Her name is Cassie and she wants to go by "Classy Cassie" which makes no sense considering her behavior at the Love and Marriage show. I heard a lot of people complaining about how annoying she was and I agree.

I just got off the Valor yesterday (Feb. 20) and there are hairdryers in the rooms, but they are very weak.

The piano bar singer was TERRIBLE. TJ Carter was very good.

That's a shame. I was hoping to have a good piano player for a change.

I was on the Valor last week (disembarked 2/20). Unfortunately, I can't answer the Amber Cove question as we weren't able to dock "due to swells" and we missed the port entirely.

However, the balance of the cruise was fine and we all (8 of us in our group) had a treat time.

Garnett

I was on the Valor last week (disembarked 2/20). Unfortunately, I can't answer the Amber Cove question as we weren't able to dock "due to swells" and we missed the port entirely.

However, the balance of the cruise was fine and we all (8 of us in our group) had a treat time.

Garnett

Hey Gastonia, we are in Ft Mill, SC! Have you been to Riverview Bar and Chill near Gastonia? Love that place!

Also, they have a new cruise director. Her name is Cassie and she wants to go by "Classy Cassie" which makes no sense considering her behavior at the Love and Marriage show. I heard a lot of people complaining about how annoying she was and I agree.

What type of behavior? We just disembarked on 2/20 and went to that show. The questions were the same as on our previous cruises. Doesn't seem that they ever update them. What was lame are the participants and their answers...especially the elderly couple.

Hey Neighbor!

Honestly, did even know a restaurant was down there. The wife and I will have to check it out...looks like it's about 10 miles from our house.

Garnett

The dirty mussels are great, dip the bread in the broth! Seared tuna tacos, yummy! We love being able to sit outside and see the river. Very pretty!

Also, have you checked out Heirloom Restaurant in your neck of the woods? Try their 12 course menu, split it between two people. Farm to table. Great food and service!

Edited by momonthego17
thought of another restaurant, sorry ;)

Did the restaurant/bar at Amber Cove port take your sign and sail card or did you need credit card/cash? Thanks!

They do not take you S/S card so you will need a credit card or cash. There is a liquor store as you walk off. We bought a bottle of rum and ordered virgin drinks $5 and just mixed are own was much cheaper that way a regular drink was between 8-10 for a small glass and over 20 for a yard. The price for a bucket of local beer was $20 for 6 beers.

We sailed "Valor" about three weeks ago, and had a flat screen in our inside cabin, on deck 1. I think they upgraded the T.V.'s when the original old tube type T.V.'s failed.

We too, had a GREAT time aboard "Valor". No major complaints at all. ;)

"SKY"

I think you're right here. We did the Behind the Fun tour, and when we were on the shipping/receiving deck, we saw a couple pallets with old TVs on them.

I too imagine that when an old TV fails, they replace it with a flat screen. Her upcoming dry dock may swap all of them out -- but I believe the focus is more on the public spaces, adding Red Frog, etc.

Does the Valor have the American table menu?

Just got off the Valor 2/21/16. It was only so-so. Considering writing a complaint letter regarding the stench of surge/sewage on 10, and occasionally through the air ducts.

The Valor doesn't have the American table menu. Valor is not a 2.0 funship yet.