Best place to get help and give feedback?

Taylors

I want to write/phone into someone to give feedback on some negative experiences we've had leading up to our cruise. And some place to hopefully get some help and answers.

We sail in 4 days and for months now I have been trying to figure out the bottled water situation on board. My dad has a kidney transplant. Because of his compromised immune system he can not have spring water. It must all be filtered via reverse osmosis. I have no idea the reason behind it.. just what every surgeon and doctors we saw post transplant have stressed.

Anyways I was first told that I needed to contact them closer to sailing as things change. Then I was told I had to contact the company that bottles the water because Carnival has no information about the water type. The bottling company told me that they deliver both types to Carnival and they would have to be the one to determine which will be on board. Back to Carnival who said it depends on which port the ship is sailing out of. She didn't know off hand. But I would get a call back in 24-48 hours. 3 days later, 3 follow up calls and still no answers. Now they are saying even with Dr's orders my dad can not bring his own water onboard, but can not answer the simple question regarding what kind of water it is!

Also there was an issue with dining time, and our PVP "forgot" to switch it months ago from late to early after sending her an email asking her to. My dad has to take he can not have any dairy 2 hours before or after taking his anti rejection medications because the dairy somehow interferes with the absorption of the medication. The change was never made. Granted I should have double checked. But now I'm being told that we have to have his doctor (on a weekend) fax an explanation to the special needs department to change dining.

Sorry for the rant, it's all just very frustrating. I know we are still going to have a fabulous cruise. Even if my dad can't eat in the MDR or drink the water. (I know the ships water is filtered but we all know it tastes like poo)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm really sorry you've experienced that. You can call three times in a row, and get three different answers unfortunately.

I can't help with the contact info, sorry!

I do know that none of the carnival branded bottle water is spring water. John Heald mentioned that when questioned on his page. (Maybe contact him, he seems to get things resolved?)

I hope you have a wonderful cruise and this is where the issues end for your poor father.

If you haven't already done so, call the Special Needs dept. about the water.

About the dining time, if you don't get early dining, see the Maitre d' on embark day. Check the FunTimes for the exact time. If you can't get early, ask for Anytime dining.

Good luck.

If you haven't already done so, call the Special Needs dept. about the water.

About the dining time, if you don't get early dining, see the Maitre d' on embark day. Check the FunTimes for the exact time. If you can't get early, ask for Anytime dining.

Good luck.

The Special needs department is the one giving me the run around. They have no idea. I can't imagine my father is the first passenger with a transplanted organ.. they are just so unequiped to answer (or find the answers to) simple questions.

Sorry you are getting the run around from Special Needs. You're right, they should be the ones helping you with thorough information.

The ship's water is processed by reverse osmosis. Problem 1 solved.

A quick trip to the maitre d on embarkation solves your second problem.

Don't stress so much about last-minute bumps in the road. As you know you will, you'll have a wonderful time. ☺

Edited by StolidCruiser

Sorry you are getting the run around from Special Needs. You're right, they should be the ones helping you with thorough information.

The ship's water is processed by reverse osmosis. Problem 1 solved.

A quick trip to the maitre d on embarkation solves your second problem.

Don't stress so much about last-minute bumps in the road. As you know you will, you'll have a wonderful time. ☺

I thought the water was via osmosis too, but wasn't sure.

What does he drink in every day life? Does he drink bottled water of a specific brand?

Yes. Not a specific brand. But one filtered by reverse osmosis. We were informed *most* tap water is fine. In a pinch yes, he will drink tap water. We use tap water to wash produce. In our area it meets the quality required. Tap water in other states and definitely other countries may not pass. Because of that he's advised not to drink tap water in places other than the area we live in.

With an imunocompromised person there is risk in most everything. Choosing bottled water is an easy way to add a little bit of safety.