Not Exactly a Review ~ But Pictures From the Serenade ~ !2-4-15

maxs mom

Happy New Year

Enjoyed your pictures on Flickr.

We leave this Sunday on Allure. You should really try one of the big girls just once.

Now, now......we've been on Allure and had a good time. We are on Oasis at the end of April. Not my favorite, but we make the most of it.

Hi The beach pictures were beautiful we love the beaches, its the best part!! However where on the ship did you find the dessert crepes??? That's a MUST for our April cruise on the Serenade :)

Love the beaches!! That's all we do.

The dessert crepes were in the Windjammer at night. We ate dinner there three nights and thoroughly enjoyed it!! As a matter of fact......we are not even going to the MDR on our next two cruises!!

Great pictures. We were on the cruise before you for 11 days with old cruise friends I met on the Serenade 5 yrs ago. Loved seeing the concierge photos of Mario and Melody. Best concierge lounge. And best service

Melody was wonderful......she got most of out tip money. Not so sure I agree with you about the best CL part, though!! But service was wonderful!!

We had this cabin on the Jewel in April. Loved the cabin! It was our private corner of the cruise ship. We were hesitant due to the walk and hubbys mobility issues but it was so worth that walk. We would not hesitate to book that cabin again. Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Glad to hear you will be getting some Vitamin Sea soon!

Sue

Same issues for us with the mobility issues' date=' but we had no problems!!! You have to book mighty early to get that cabin!!

Feeling much better now, thank you!! And the Vitamin Sea can't come soon enough!![/size']

Jane...would you share some more about Valley Church?

What type of food and beverage is available from the restaurant there? I read somewhere that there are no restrooms but if you purchase food/beverage from the restaurant, can you use their facilities?

The beach looks so beautiful I think that's where I'd like to go; just want to cover my bases with what I know we'll need while there.

Thanks!

Jane...would you share some more about Valley Church?

What type of food and beverage is available from the restaurant there? I read somewhere that there are no restrooms but if you purchase food/beverage from the restaurant, can you use their facilities?

The beach looks so beautiful I think that's where I'd like to go; just want to cover my bases with what I know we'll need while there.

Thanks!

Valley Church Beach will take you about a 20 minute cab ride. ($8 pp). The restaurant and bar there is called The Nest. The food is typical beach food.....hamburgers, hot dogs,.....and they also have other chicken and seafood entrees.......my favorite being the coconut shrimp. Drinks are very good. I tried the Drunken Monkey the last time I was there.They will also have a beer special and you can get a bucket for $20.

They have very nice restrooms.....not a problem. They have been upgraded from what they use to have. Anyone at the beach can use the facilities. You do not have to use the restaurant.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
I will be going on the Serenade of the Seas on April 8, 2016 and have never been to St. Kitts, could someone please tell me how I would get the day pass to the Marriott that everyone seems to love. Thanks so much.

I found this:

Day passes are not available online. To make your reservation please contact the Reservations Office directly at 869-466-1200 or mhrs.skbrb.reservation.mgr@marriott.com.

Edited by clarea

Jane,

Always enjoy your reviews. Thanks for sharing your great photos and information on the beaches. We have not made it to Tortola yet. Was scheduled on previous itinerary on Indy, but dock was being finished.

Gosh, the Huckleberry Cheesecake looks good. Always my favorite at Chops!

Thanks again.

Debbie

• 1 month later...