Laundry Package

TheCalicoCat

There are no laundry specials on HAL (you may be thinking of Princess) and the bag price is always available (it's on the laundry list, I believe).

Could be that I just automatically checked the box and did not look at the other options. the bag is not really large maybe 18 inches long and 8 inches wide. The price of being "loyal" to more than one brand of cruise-- confuse the heck out of the core knowledge of each cruise line. Princess indeed is the laundry bag special once or twice on longer cruises. I will very much miss "unlimited laundry" on Oceania next year. I do seem to have an unlimited amount of dirty clothes AND India in April will be hot and sweaty! not icebergs!:rolleyes:

Thanks

I e mailed ship services and they quoted $7 but did not say if it would be $9 a day if done on board. They just said there were two options ; to pay on board or pre pay . I am in N-Z so a phone call in business hours is tricky. M

Ship services may not have told you about the $9 charge in Europe, but all the posters here have confirmed it. As the saying goes, forewarned is forearmed.

Could be that I just automatically checked the box and did not look at the other options. the bag is not really large maybe 18 inches long and 8 inches wide. The price of being "loyal" to more than one brand of cruise-- confuse the heck out of the core knowledge of each cruise line. Princess indeed is the laundry bag special once or twice on longer cruises. I will very much miss "unlimited laundry" on Oceania next year. I do seem to have an unlimited amount of dirty clothes AND India in April will be hot and sweaty! not icebergs!:rolleyes:

If you are lucky, they (O) will have a special. I think it was 20 items for $26 or something like that. Just be prepared for how the laundry comes back. In a huge paper bag no matter what they are sending back. (We had to use it since the self serve laundry was closed). Not at all like HAL on hangers, in lovely wicker baskets and tissue paper. Forewarned is forearmed ;)

I second BowieMeMe. We just returned from the same 18-day cruise, preceded by three nights in Rotterdam. For the first time in our HAL history (more than 100 nights) we took the unlimited laundry package. It was terrific and we used it to max.

From this point on, we'll take it every time.

Our cruise began in Rottedam, then on to Bergen, Shetland Islands, three stops in Iceland, two in Greenland, and two in Canada. We paid $7 a day by pre-purchasing it here from the ship services.

Edited by barante

My husband is an expert of stuffing the laundry bag. Including socks and underwear, he once had 32 items in the bag -- topping it off with a pair of jeans!!!!! The bag is made of study cloth, so much can be JAMMED into it for $20. Many many shirts and shorts plus the unmentionables!

(We just became 4 star, so don't have to do this anymore, but it was fun!)