Laundry Package

TheCalicoCat

Yes, unlimited laundry is still offered at an avg of $7 per day ($49 on a 7-day, $98 on a 14-day, a bit higher on European cruises). No need to do anything ahead, simply check the "unlimited laundry" box on the itemized form you fill out to accompany the laundry.

On North American itineraries, figure on $7/day but you have to pay for each day of the cruise. 14 day cruise should be $98. If you're cruising in Europe, figure on $9/day.

You can pre-purchase the unlimited laundry by calling Ship Services but you can also tick off the appropriate box on the laundry form when you send out your bag, once onboard the ship.

Thanks, when I call about pre-paid gratuities, I'll check on ship services too. (They do a far better job than me & I don't really feel like finding/using the coin op.

The Vista and Signature class do not have any self service laundry rooms.

HAL doesn't have the pre-paid option for gratuities. You can buy Ship Board Credits (on line through HAL) to cover the Hotel Service Charges -- that is what HAL calls their gratuities.

The Vista and Signature class do not have any self service laundry rooms.

HAL doesn't have the pre-paid option for gratuities. You can buy Ship Board Credits (on line through HAL) to cover the Hotel Service Charges -- that is what HAL calls their gratuities.

Good to know about the Hotel Service Charge. We are on Amsterdam - they do have a self service laundry room, I don't want to use it. ;)

On North American itineraries, figure on $7/day but you have to pay for each day of the cruise. 14 day cruise should be $98. If you're cruising in Europe, figure on $9/day.

You can pre-purchase the unlimited laundry by calling Ship Services but you can also tick off the appropriate box on the laundry form when you send out your bag, once onboard the ship.

On our cruise from Europe in October,I called HAL before the cruise and was only charged $7 per day.It would have been $9 on the ship.Since we were aboard for 26 nights,it was worth the call.

Edited by johnmik1

I asked a similar question about the Noordam. I was told of another option for inbetweenpeople. You can put all you can fit into a laundry bag and have it all washed and folded for 25$. You can do this any day...just note it on the label on the bag. Good for people on a 14 day trip who may only see themselves needing 2 washes in the two weeks. That much on a per item cost would be potentially very high. Otherwise I would go with the unlimited option which gives you a daily service should you decide to do that. You might get a bit tired of your clothes, but they would be constantly clean, snd you could pack super-light!

On our cruise from Europe in October,I called HAL before the cruise and was only charged $7 per day.It would have been $9 on the ship.Since we were aboard for 26 nights,it was worth the call.

Good to know, we are on a 14-night sailing - still a couple of bar drinks worth of difference

We recently did a 14 day back-to-back on the Nieuw Amsterdam. We did not use the laundry service the first week, but signed up for the $49 unlimited laundry (& pressing!) for the second week. They seemed to do a fine job on my dress shirts and casual/dress pants. They came back on hangers and were ready to wear. I also had suits pressed once. If I had known more about this service, I would have packed much lighter! I recommend it and will use it on future HAL cruises.

Is it just wash and fold? Can your wear a nice shirt washed with the package?

If you do not choose "fold", everything that is normally on hangers will be received on hangers. This includes t-shirts and pajamas. Only handkerchiefs, underwear, and socks are folded in our experience.

For dry cleaning, use a separate laundry list and bag.

NOTE: Every hanger item will have a laundry tag for which you must search and peel off. If you don't, you will feel it scratching you when the item is worn. Each ship seems to have their own laundry tag placement locations so once you find the first tags, they will be in the same place for future items.

Edited by Crew News

If you do not choose "fold", everything that is normally on hangers will be received on hangers. This includes t-shirts and pajamas. Only handkerchiefs, underwear, and socks are folded in our experience.

For dry cleaning, use a separate laundry list and bag.

NOTE: Every hanger item will have a laundry tag for which you must search and peel off. If you don't, you will feel it scratching you when the item is worn. Each ship seems to have their own laundry tag placement locations so once you find the first tags, they will be in the same place for future items.

It's not just the hanger items - every article of clothing sent out gets a laundry tag. Some things that I rarely wear, except aboard ship, surprise months and years after a cruise!

The price is still $7 per day - this afternoon I pre-ordered our unlimited laundry package for our upcoming 14 day cruise and was billed $98 US. If we wanted the pressing package, it would have been an additional $56. The charge is for both of us in the cabin. Can't wait !!!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I thought the unlimited laundry included pressing.?

It does. However, you can purchase a "pressing only" package instead.

For example, if it's a short cruise, and I just want all my clean clothes pressed when I unpack, I can send them out and purchase a "pressing only" package to pay for it, so I don't pay for each individual piece.

It does. However, you can purchase a "pressing only" package instead.

For example, if it's a short cruise, and I just want all my clean clothes pressed when I unpack, I can send them out and purchase a "pressing only" package to pay for it, so I don't pay for each individual piece.

thanks, RuthC for the clarification.

• 2 months later...