Laundry Package

TheCalicoCat

Mickie, if you are going on a long voyage the $2 per day difference could buy dinner for two in the Pinnacle or a nice gift for your favourite nephew. If it's a really long voyage, maybe a super nice gift. I'm not sure ship services was accurate. I've certainly seen many threads where the charge was $9 per day once on board. It wouldn't be the first time they were mistaken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What is the approx size of bag? Or, how many men's golf shirts fit at once? This would give me a really good idea of size. We have never done this but I sure am considering this time but maybe just once in the middle.

I called Ship Services just a few days ago re the unlimited laundry costs on our lengthy cruise to Australia and New Zealand in the fall.

I was certainly willing to pre-pay if there was a benefit, but the gal at Ship Services said the price WOULD BE THE SAME.....about $7/day on cruises to this area of the world WHETHER WE PURCHASED ON BOARD OR AHEAD..

I will certainly be a little annoyed if that turns out not to be true.

As many here have discovered, to their chagrin, Seattle isn't always aware of what actually happens on board ship. Buy ahead and be sure.

What is the approx size of bag? Or, how many men's golf shirts fit at once? This would give me a really good idea of size.

I can easily fit 5 muumuus (and I think I've fit up to 7, but won't swear to it), and the same amount of undies, in a bag. It's tight, and heavy, but the bag does close. I roll the clothes tightly before stuffing in the bag.

I expect one dress would equal at least 2 golf shirts.

As many here have discovered, to their chagrin, Seattle isn't always aware of what actually happens on board ship. Buy ahead and be sure.

I have repurchased to be sure but feedback from other CC members is that this is really a Europe cruise thing, possibly to do with on board taxes? I am not sure but feedback is non European cruises are probably same price, however I agree why risk it and make sure you get your receipt and take it with you and also don't by the a

Pressing package as well as laundry package includes this even though they will try and sell you both.

We just finished a Med cruise on the Oosterdam. We paid $7 per day for unlimited laundry, and did not prepay it. Btw, at first I was disappointed that the ship did not have coin-op laundry, but after having it done for me, I love it. So much better than spending valuable vacation time on laundry.

I know this is the HAL site - but - on Celebrity, as a Captain Club Elite, we get 2 laundries of up to 30 pieces for EACH person in the cabin. We also get one free pressing and one free dry cleaning per person.

Does HAL have any similar benefit for their frequent cruisers?

I know this is the HAL site - but - on Celebrity, as a Captain Club Elite, we get 2 laundries of up to 30 pieces for EACH person in the cabin. We also get one free pressing and one free dry cleaning per person.

4* and above get unlimited laundry and pressing at bo additional charge.

We sail both Celebrity and HAL, and IMO HAL has Celebrity beat in the laundry dept. HAL offers the $20/bag to all passengers every day of the cruise (and 4-star and above get free laundry every day of every cruise).

On Celebrity, unless you are Elite, you get no special deals. I've heard they sometimes offer a by-the-bag deal to everyone, but have never experienced it. Instead we have had to pay by the piece on our Celebrity cruises. :(

this is my first HAL cruise and I am really looking forward to that laundry which I prepaid last August. Getting my paperwork together I could not find that laundry on any piece of paper. My TA is working now to get proof of the payment from HAL. Might not be a problem but it might be!

I changed my promotion at the final payment. Explore 4 changed to Anniversary sale. Laundry got dropped at the change -- it had been showing just below the promo information. Ask for a separate statement for the laundry to show on ship. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. I AM GOING TO BE SO CLEAN!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know how HAL does the laundry in your bag? Does everything go into one washer or do they separate lights and darks? I'd hate for the blue on my jeans to bleed onto a white shirt.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I believe they do separate. I've never had anything bleed. The laundry room is quite an organization ;)

We sail both Celebrity and HAL, and IMO HAL has Celebrity beat in the laundry dept. HAL offers the $20/bag to all passengers every day of the cruise (and 4-star and above get free laundry every day of every cruise).

On Celebrity, unless you are Elite, you get no special deals. I've heard they sometimes offer a by-the-bag deal to everyone, but have never experienced it. Instead we have had to pay by the piece on our Celebrity cruises. :(

I can pack 4/5 days of laundry into that Bag including a pair of Khaki pants/ shorts, etc. All comes back great !

When I finish packing that Bag, it would fracture someone's skull if it hit them in the head

I can pack 4/5 days of laundry into that Bag including a pair of Khaki pants/ shorts, etc. All comes back great !

When I finish packing that Bag, it would fracture someone's skull if it hit them in the head

LOL! Sounds like my laundry bags ;)

I just noticed I said "every day of the cruise", and should correct that to "up until the last 36-48 hours of the cruise".

For the more seasoned HAL cruisers out there: on the HAL laundry forms, is there a way to indicate that you do NOT want them to use any sort of fabric softner on your clothes/certain clothes? i have lots of tshirts/shorts that can't have washed with any softner.

i know i'm getting really particular here, but would hate to pay for unlimited service and then find out i can't really use it!

Also - anyone have a photo of the laundry bag that you guys are mentioning you can do the "per bag" rate with? Thanks in advance.

Hi

Do they tumble dry everything? I have a few things that say do not tumble dry.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think they can/will bring wet clothes back. You can ask. I've never seen it. The other thing you can do is send those items out for dry cleaning (cost) or hand wash.

For the more seasoned HAL cruisers out there: on the HAL laundry forms, is there a way to indicate that you do NOT want them to use any sort of fabric softner on your clothes/certain clothes? i have lots of tshirts/shorts that can't have washed with any softner.

i know i'm getting really particular here, but would hate to pay for unlimited service and then find out i can't really use it!

Also - anyone have a photo of the laundry bag that you guys are mentioning you can do the "per bag" rate with? Thanks in advance.

wrong post sorry! editing to delete what i wrote! sorry for the double post

Edited by BVsmurfette

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this may sound bordering on being a cheapskate, but if I purchase the unlimited laundry, can we share the bag with another cabin and split the costs of the package off-line? Sorting the laundry after they are done won't be an issue.

Ok, this may sound bordering on being a cheapskate, but if I purchase the unlimited laundry, can we share the bag with another cabin and split the costs of the package off-line? Sorting the laundry after they are done won't be an issue.

I would say it comes down to "can you" or "should you"?

The package is meant for all passengers in 1 cabin. Sharing with another cabin would appear to go against the "rules". But in the end it is up to you. Whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Don't know what they would do if they suspected you of sharing the package.

I would say it comes down to "can you" or "should you"?

The package is meant for all passengers in 1 cabin. Sharing with another cabin would appear to go against the "rules". But in the end it is up to you. Whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Don't know what they would do if they suspected you of sharing the package.

What they would do is charge more or eliminate the option all together. Which, of course, would ruin it for all of us.

to vicd1969: do you really want to ruin it for te rest of us so you can save $7 a day???

Isn't the package one bag a day? At the end of the day, we're still just sending one bag to the laundry. So does it matter what goes into the bag?

When we have the unlimited laundry package, we don't fill a bag everyday. We send out whatever we have worn that day that needs cleaning. We find the convenience of sending things for laundry as needed is better than waiting to be able to completely fill one bag. It might be cheaper by the bag, but the unlimited package works better for us.

Isn't the package one bag a day? At the end of the day, we're still just sending one bag to the laundry. So does it matter what goes into the bag?

Rationalize it any way you want---it is still rationalizing.

You know that the unlimited laundry is a given price for unlimited laundry for one cabin. Do whatever your conscience can live with, but please stop trying to excuse away the idea that doing otherwise is somehow all right.

It isn't.

Sorry, but what part of "unlimited" can't you comprehend??? You can send as many bags as you need to every day, or none if you don't wish to send anything. But it is limited to the dirty laundry from one cabin - how hard is that to understand?