Minors and mini bar

xowendyxo

I just had a thought...if my 18 year old son and 16 year old nephew are in their own room, will they remove the alcohol from the fridge?

My son can drink in the ports, and I'm really not that worried about them drinking, I just don't want a surprise bill at the end ;)

Interesting question, not sure if the room stew will have the foresight to remove the alcoholic beverages from a cabin where the 2 registered guests are under 21. If you concern is more so that you son's don't drink it and rack up the bill, express that to the stew he/she should be able to remove of those items and leave the sodas/waters.

Edited by RHilla619

We had a room with minors on our last cruise on the Pride this past August. I told the room steward to remove everything from there because I didn't want them to have access to it. I also told him to remove everything from ours because we were going to put our water bottles in the fridge. When we came back from dinner he had just emptied out the soda and beer, leaving all of the little alcohol shooters. I told him I wanted everything out so that there weren't any surprises, and we had more room for water, which he did.

On about the 3rd or 4th day, the kids found out where he emptied the contents of the fridge, in the storage area under the couch! So I had to remove it from the kid's room (because who could trust a room full of teenagers with alcohol and soda) and put it under our couch. I was a little disappointed they did this. What if the kids never did tell me? I would of gotten a nice surprise on that last night!

More importantly, that's how beer goes bad, if it is constantly cooled then heated up and cooled again. I would be furious if I opened up an overpriced room service beer only for it to taste spoiled.

We had a room with minors on our last cruise on the Pride this past August. I told the room steward to remove everything from there because I didn't want them to have access to it. I also told him to remove everything from ours because we were going to put our water bottles in the fridge. When we came back from dinner he had just emptied out the soda and beer, leaving all of the little alcohol shooters. I told him I wanted everything out so that there weren't any surprises, and we had more room for water, which he did.

On about the 3rd or 4th day, the kids found out where he emptied the contents of the fridge, in the storage area under the couch! So I had to remove it from the kid's room (because who could trust a room full of teenagers with alcohol and soda) and put it under our couch. I was a little disappointed they did this. What if the kids never did tell me? I would of gotten a nice surprise on that last night!

More importantly, that's how beer goes bad, if it is constantly cooled then heated up and cooled again. I would be furious if I opened up an overpriced room service beer only for it to taste spoiled.

Good thing you have good kids! I can't believe that's where the steward chose to empty It out to!

I personally don't use anything from those fridges...I don't trust what has happened to the drinks in there...and I'm pretty sure I don't have too far of a walk to any bar for a cold beer :)

Thanks for your story! I'll keep my eye out when I ask them to empty the fridge :)

On our last cruise the room steward basically told me that he was emptying out the mini bar because there were only minors in the room. I thought that was so nice of him.

Good to know!

You would think that they would automatically do that due to liability reasons...it's kind of like serving minors.

When I asked my room steward to empty ours, he stacked everything behind our TV. I think the problem is, they have no where to put those items and if they lose one soda or beer, it probably comes out of their paycheck. If it goes missing while in your room, you get charged. If it goes missing from wherever they store it outside your cabin, they do.

On Dream in July, I was in a cabin with my 10 year old granddaughter and the fridge was not unlocked. It really didn't make a big difference to me as I don't use anything in it and even though I purchased water, I am fine with it at room temp.

In the past when I traveled with my husband, when we asked the steward to empty the fridge, we were told they can no longer do that, but we could do it and we did. I don't know if they would empty it because of the minors. It's worth a shot.