Kids in separate cabin w/OBC

Hello,

Our two daughters ages 12 & 15 will be in their own cabin and they each have $100 non refundable OBC from royal. We have already prepaid gratuities and purchased the Replenish package online.

Will their OBC go to my account since I am the one responsible for it? Or would I need to make purchases with their seapass card to use the non refundable OBC?

Thanks

Hello,

Our two daughters ages 12 & 15 will be in their own cabin and they each have $100 non refundable OBC from royal. We have already prepaid gratuities and purchased the Replenish package online.

Will their OBC go to my account since I am the one responsible for it? Or would I need to make purchases with their seapass card to use the non refundable OBC?

Thanks

Not to worry, the OBC will end up on your account as you accepted responsibility for their charges.:)

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks

We are taking our kids and grandkids on a cruise this summer. When we booked the cabins, total of six, we had to book an adult in each cabin. Were you able to book the kids in a cabin by themselves?

Thank you!

We are taking our kids and grandkids on a cruise this summer. When we booked the cabins, total of six, we had to book an adult in each cabin. Were you able to book the kids in a cabin by themselves?

Thank you!

Royal allows minors to be booked in their own staterooms as long as their stateroom is either next to or across the hall from the parents/guardians. You must call Royal to book this way, Royal's website won't allow it.

Royal allows minors to be booked in their own staterooms as long as their stateroom is either next to or across the hall from the parents/guardians. You must call Royal to book this way, Royal's website won't allow it.

We booked on the phone with them and that is what they said we had to do. We can sleep wherever, of course, but the cabin cards are going to be a mess!

We booked on the phone with them and that is what they said we had to do. We can sleep wherever, of course, but the cabin cards are going to be a mess!

That's too bad that you didn't get to people who knew the policies. Not a huge deal, but some will have to carry two cards.

Edited by clarea

If the cabins are next to or across from each other call and see if you get another rep that will allow you have everyone where they belong. Of course one advantage of the way you have it booked is allowing you to bring on more wine since it is 2 bottles per cabin.

Thank you!

When we booked on Freedom for last Oct with a travel agent, we too were told that there needed to be an adult in each cabin with the kids (then 14 and 17). However, after boarding we changed this easily (but did it after muster drill so that there wouldn't be any confusion and so that we could have a child each - rather than them being together for the muster - as our musters were in different areas).

Guest services were aware of who was in each cabin (ie. 2 adults in one cabin and 2 kids across the hall in another) and were completely fine with that. We also ended up getting a spare cabin key for their cabin which came in handy for waking them in the mornings!

Hope this helps. :)

Thank you!

Yes, as Bob and others have replied, Royal will allow you to have the kids in a separate cabin as long as they are directly across the hall or beside your cabin. I did give it some thought as to booking one adult in each cabin so that we could bring 4 bottles of wine instead of 2. However I don't want to take the chance that Royal would move one of our cabins and we wouldn't be together.

We did the same thing a few years ago, and the cabin attendant caught on real quick. We are booked to sail in August and we were told we had to have an adult in the cabin as well.

We did the same thing a few years ago, and the cabin attendant caught on real quick. We are booked to sail in August and we were told we had to have an adult in the cabin as well.

I'm guessing that this is what a travel agent told you. Many TA's will tell clients this as it makes their job easier...they can book the cabins over the Internet as opposed to having to call Royal to book them.

There is absolutely no problem with booking minor children into their own cabin as long as it is beside or across the hall from the parents cabin but you must call Royal to do this as it cannot be done on line.

I'm guessing that this is what a travel agent told you. Many TA's will tell clients this as it makes their job easier...they can book the cabins over the Internet as opposed to having to call Royal to book them.

There is absolutely no problem with booking minor children into their own cabin as long as it is beside or across the hall from the parents cabin but you must call Royal to do this as it cannot be done on line.

No, we actually booked it ourselves on the phone with the cruise line and that is what they told us had to be done. We turned the booking over to our TA that we always use for Oceania after we were already booked.

You're all on the same account..right? No worries! If you want the proper keys for your cabins..tell them who will be in which cabin, and they will give you the right keys. Not a problem.

Not sure what you mean by account, but we are paying for all the cabins. Our names are listed under the TA's name on each Booking Confirmation, but each cabin also has the names of the people in the cabin and a separate Reservation ID number. We are all booked as a group so they know not to move any of our cabins.

When we booked on Freedom for last Oct with a travel agent, we too were told that there needed to be an adult in each cabin with the kids (then 14 and 17). However, after boarding we changed this easily (but did it after muster drill so that there wouldn't be any confusion and so that we could have a child each - rather than them being together for the muster - as our musters were in different areas).

Guest services were aware of who was in each cabin (ie. 2 adults in one cabin and 2 kids across the hall in another) and were completely fine with that. We also ended up getting a spare cabin key for their cabin which came in handy for waking them in the mornings!

Hope this helps. :)

Great! We will wait until after the muster drill, too! Since so many of our group are not going to be staying in the cabin that is on the paperwork, I hope it won't be a problem getting the cabin keys changed around. I think everyone but one person is going to have to change their cabin key!

No, we actually booked it ourselves on the phone with the cruise line and that is what they told us had to be done. We turned the booking over to our TA that we always use for Oceania after we were already booked.

It appears that unfortunately you got a rep that did not know that it could be done. We have cruised with our kids booked in their own cabin several times and have 3 future reservations with the kids in their own cabin.

If the cabins are next to or across from each other call and see if you get another rep that will allow you have everyone where they belong. Of course one advantage of the way you have it booked is allowing you to bring on more wine since it is 2 bottles per cabin.

Yes, everyone thought of that right off! :)

It appears that unfortunately you got a rep that did not know that it could be done. We have cruised with our kids booked in their own cabin several times and have 3 future reservations with the kids in their own cabin.

We will call back tomorrow and check about it, but we recently got some good discounts and we certainly don't want to mess that up! :eek:

We will call back tomorrow and check about it, but we recently got some good discounts and we certainly don't want to mess that up! :eek:

I agree, it would be better to deal with a bit of inconvenience with the keys over losing a discount.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Great! We will wait until after the muster drill, too! Since so many of our group are not going to be staying in the cabin that is on the paperwork, I hope it won't be a problem getting the cabin keys changed around. I think everyone but one person is going to have to change their cabin key!

We've probably sailed a dozen times where we booked an adult and teen in one room and an adult and teen in another and then got new keys once onboard--never had any issue at all and guest services and cabin stewards were always told what we were doing and fine with it.

One minor thing to be aware of is that we have never been issued "new keys" The initial key you get at boarding, that you have to use to pay for things or get on or off the ship does not change (even if you lose it and need it replaced it will always be for the room you are booked in, not where you are sleeping).

Then, guest services issues us a second "blank key" (key only, not for charging to the room or getting off the ship, etc) that opens the door of the cabin the person is sleeping in. So, essentially everyone who moves around ends up carrying two little plastic cards instead of one--not a big deal at all.