Labadee Cabana confusion

lbendick

I have read so many pages of labadee cabana ?'s, I think Im more confused then when I started. I thanking in advance to the person who can answer these specific questions.

Facts: Allure of the Seas 3/6/2016 booked not in a suite

There are 6 adults in our party (first cruise in along time with no children)

1) True or not : you have to be booked in a suite to pre book a over the water cabana?

(It is on my cruise planner for $495)

2) If we board first thing and go straight to excursion counter whats the chance at getting a cabana.

3) Our your belongings safe at the cabana while you are in the water?

4) Is the buffet lunch for the whole ship, just cabana people, just suite people?

5) Is it worth it?

6) If all the *Suite* cabanas do not sell are they then open to the general public & what is the difference?

1) True or not : you have to be booked in a suite to pre book a over the water cabana?

Not True. As soon as you board B line to the excursion desk and book the cabana immediately. I was the second on the line and there was only 1 left, they would not explain how that happened. I was one of the first on board as well.

2) If we board first thing and go straight to excursion counter whats the chance at getting a cabana. -

Pretty good, just make sure you board ASAP like I did.

3) Our your belongings safe at the cabana while you are in the water? -

We had 9 of us in ours so we always had someone in it.

4) Is the buffet lunch for the whole ship, just cabana people, just suite people?

If you're not in a suite you eat with everyone else, just ask your cabana steward to radio you a ride to and from the buffet.

5) Is it worth it?

I thought so. We wanted the whole family comfy.

6) If all the *Suite* cabanas do not sell are they then open to the general public & what is the difference?

No, they are not. Cabana for non suite guest are in a separate area. Our cabana was the wheel chair accessible one, first one over the water & over the beach too. We thought it was the best because you also get 4 lounger on the beach right below your cabana.

P.S. - If there are 2 ships by chance docked at Labadee you are SOL on Cabanas. the second site will be use for suite guest of the second ship. I am guessing on that though, can someone confirm? Also, I sailed to Labadee on the Indy, a Freedom Class ship, not nearly as much people and suites as the Oasis class, so.......

Edited by Moltar

We loved our Cabana both years we used one and are very disappointed they can't be booked in advance any more. (Non-suite guests.) I will try to get one this year but if I don't we will probably not disembark. We felt our stuff was always safe as the attendants watch the cabanas and there's not people wandering around. The upgraded buffet is (or was 2 years ago) for all cabana guests including Nellie's beach. They give you a bracelet that gets you in.

Is all still well in Endwell? I went to SUNY-B, or as they now style themselves, Binghamton University.

3) Our your belongings safe at the cabana while you are in the water??

you dont take anything of value with you to the ports so yes it will be safe.

and we use

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Vacation-Vault-Portable-Lightweight-Travel-Safe-with-Three-Dial-Combination-Lock-Pink-VV-PINK/202512204?cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|G|0|G-BASE-PLA-D25H-Security&Safety|&gclid=CKfCzoqDqsoCFc6RHwod220G1w&gclsrc=aw.ds

I have read so many pages of labadee cabana ?'s, I think Im more confused then when I started. I thanking in advance to the person who can answer these specific questions.

Facts: Allure of the Seas 3/6/2016 booked not in a suite

There are 6 adults in our party (first cruise in along time with no children)

(It is on my cruise planner for $495)

You can book online in your cruise planner. It will say book onboard, but will let you check out.

2) If we board first thing and go straight to excursion counter whats the chance at getting a cabana.

Book ahead of time. If not go right away.

Same as leaving your items in you lounge chair.

It is for everyone

5) Is it worth it?

Personal preference.

The buffet lunch is for everyone. They are set up in several areas.

Yes

I've already booked and paid for my OTW cabana for my July Allure cruise.

I did the same thing. We had a cruise booked for October of 2015 and i booked it in November of 2014. I booked through a TA and she set it up for me. I think it was worth it but mine was only $250 and then they raised the price.

If it's showing in your pretrip planner as available and you want to get one, go ahead and try to book it. Worst case it won't let you and you need to try to board as early as you can.

Personally, I don't think $495 is worth it, even with 6 adults. ESPECIALLY if you are "active" (ie: won't spend a lot of time in the cabana). DW and I got an OTW cabana when it was $200 and I thought it was worth it. We got one on a a trip with the kids at $250 and I thought it was "ok" at that price. No way at $495. Just my opinion.

For the most part yes, but you have to keep at least one eye out. I haven't heard of any problems, but when we had Nellie's over the water #3 (two of us) Several times I saw people walk up uncomfortably close to being in our cabana to check them out. I was use to people in the next cabana walk by on the way to theirs but people kept walking up to ours to look in.

Did you book online? We have done it once before for about $250 but couldnt do it until we got onboard, now the OTW are $495????

Yes, we booked it online and yes we paid $495. I think the rate is quite high but we are taking my mother-in-law and an older aunt and uncle and we know that this will be great for them. I've heard you had to book onboard, but it showed up under excursions on my cruise planner and permitted me to pay in full and it shows on my schedule now as a paid and booked excursion.

If it's in your planner, you can book it even though it shows onboard only. To do this, book one cabana for just one adult in your party. Do not try to book it for total number of guests. I simply selected myself and was able to book. A note came up verifying how many people the cabana will accommodate and all names do no need to be on reservation.

Edited by JillianinMN

There might be some confusion, unless things have changed, the Nellie's Beach cabanas might be available to book in advance. But the Barefoot Beach cabanas are offered in advance, via Email from the concierge, only to suite guests.

When we sailed in March, in an OS, I got an Email two weeks out from the concierge asking if there were any services I wanted to reserve in advance and a BB cabana was one of them.

I just looked on our cruise planner for October and it appears they are going for $235 to $495.

If you're in a suite - don't go to the front desk, go to the concierge, you have access, use it to avoid the crazy lines - it's a perk you're paying for anyhow.

I would however book ahead of time if you can. There are some non-suite guests (Diamond Plus / Pinnacle) who have access to the concierge who may get in touch with them in advance of the cruise, and a couple of weeks out if cabanas are not selling they may make them available to these individuals.

(Side note - WOW, the price doubled since last April.)

Judy