Amber Cove cabana experience anyone?

Bobug

...and yes I did a search but not much info.

Have you rented one poolside & how was your experience? I am trying to find out more about the zip line that is included in the poolside cabana also? Is it something adults would enjoy or more for kids? What do you actually *zip* over?

Thank you for any info you have!

Just came back from the Breeze last week and we did the zip line at Amber Cove..

It was my first time zip lining and it was fun. I would call it a beginers zip line, once I did it I was over it because it is short and you go over the pool area. The cost was $12.00 per person for all day.

I can not give any info of the cababas except that they were expensive.

$279 is not expensive. Over the water cabana is worth every penny and then some.

The zipline, paddleboard, and kayak are included with the cabana. It also comes with 4 or 5 coke products, a few waters, chips and dip, and fruit.

You will also have a waiter who will take your food and drink order. Everything we ordered was fantastic and fairly priced.

There is also a ceiling fan, television, and wifi inside.

The zipline itself sucks. Completely underwhelming but everything else about Amber Cove exceeded my expectations.

I don't think they are expensive. Same price as the ones at Half Moon Cay with the same amenities other than floating mats. Even though the website doesn't say it, I have been told more than once by the excursions department that each cabana, no matter the type and there are 3 types plus a grand cabana, will includes snacks, water, and soda. I didn't know it included zipline, kayaks, etc! That's good to know!

Two of the cabana types are $249. The over the water ones are $279.

OP I would love to hear some feedback myself but I look and find nothing. We already have 2 rented and I'm keeping them regardless. I was hoping to see some pics by now though. Maybe eventually....

Edited by cruizinisthebest

$279 is not expensive. Over the water cabana is worth every penny and then some.

The zipline, paddleboard, and kayak are included with the cabana. It also comes with 4 or 5 coke products, a few waters, chips and dip, and fruit.

You will also have a waiter who will take your food and drink order. Everything we ordered was fantastic and fairly priced.

The zipline itself sucks. Completely underwhelming but everything else about Amber Cove exceeded my expectations.

How many people does this include? Everyone? We have rented two cabanas - 4 in each one. Will everyone have access to these things? You had an ocean cabana? Any pics? Thanks for the info!

I was on the Conquest Jan 3-9 & rented a poolside cabana. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures... I was so relaxing I guess I forgot :( But I will provide some info/insight & am happy to answer questions. There are 4 pool cabanas #8, #9, #10, #11 (from left to right as you face the cabanas). At least when I went you were not allowed to select cabana # ahead - online or @ guest services on ship. You pick cabana once you get there. As you enter Amber Cove stay to right (past excursion vendors) & look for a small hut (i think its called watersports hut) with thatched roof to the right after restaurant on the left. hand in your cabana excursion ticket & select cabana, get key & wristbands. Cabana # 8 is next to restaurant. A lot of people seemed to enter the pool area that way & since that's the first cabana people see, many people stopped in front & looked at it & took photos & tried to go up the stairs into cabana & to tried to get on hammock. Cabana # 11 is next to waterslide & zipline goes right over cabana # 10. I chose cabana # 9. There are regular pool lounge chairs in front of cabanas that anyone can sit in (unlike Roatan) theres a large 2 person hammock under the cabana just behind the communal loungers. There is a small "RESERVED# sign attached with safety pins - but its hard to see so if one of us wasnt on the hammock people tried to get on. There are 2 flights of wooden stairs up to the cabana. Shuttered windows that can close, door that locks, large L shaped sectional with aqua cloth cushions, coffee table 2 end tables, refrigerator, TV, 2 doors out to large deck with 2 loungers with cushions. Cool mist is sprayed over loungers periodically. Women in cabana next to me asked cabana attendant to carry up a regular lounger & he did - so deck can fit 3 loungers. Cabana rental does include fruit (presented in wooden bowl on coffee table), bag of tostitos, cheese salsa dip in jar, 4 assorted sodas & 4 bottles of water in refrigerator. Also includes 2 orange soft rubber pool mats (the attendant has to go get them from the hut for you). Wifi is included - but wasnt working well & you need to get separate passcode from hut for each device. AC inside cabana felt great. Mist on loungers on deck was refreshing. Hammock under cabana in shade was cool. Cabana attendant Fidel was polite, nice, super attentive and watchful over cabana. Food & drinks (not part of cabana price) were brought quickly. Food was tasty & drinks were good. We had a few types of frozen drinks w dominican rum & $20 buckets of local beer called Presidente (5 bottles). We had coconut shrimp appetizer ($12 & think there were 12 shrimp) & a salad with grilled steak. My daughters also had fun on zipline (included in cabana rental) & said line wasnt long. My daughters & I really liked the cabana & would rent one again!

I was on the Conquest Jan 3-9 & rented a poolside cabana. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures... I was so relaxing I guess I forgot :( But I will provide some info/insight & am happy to answer questions. There are 4 pool cabanas #8, #9, #10, #11 (from left to right as you face the cabanas). At least when I went you were not allowed to select cabana # ahead - online or @ guest services on ship. You pick cabana once you get there. As you enter Amber Cove stay to right (past excursion vendors) & look for a small hut (i think its called watersports hut) with thatched roof to the right after restaurant on the left. hand in your cabana excursion ticket & select cabana, get key & wristbands. Cabana # 8 is next to restaurant. A lot of people seemed to enter the pool area that way & since that's the first cabana people see, many people stopped in front & looked at it & took photos & tried to go up the stairs into cabana & to tried to get on hammock. Cabana # 11 is next to waterslide & zipline goes right over cabana # 10. I chose cabana # 9. There are regular pool lounge chairs in front of cabanas that anyone can sit in (unlike Roatan) theres a large 2 person hammock under the cabana just behind the communal loungers. There is a small "RESERVED# sign attached with safety pins - but its hard to see so if one of us wasnt on the hammock people tried to get on. There are 2 flights of wooden stairs up to the cabana. Shuttered windows that can close, door that locks, large L shaped sectional with aqua cloth cushions, coffee table 2 end tables, refrigerator, TV, 2 doors out to large deck with 2 loungers with cushions. Cool mist is sprayed over loungers periodically. Women in cabana next to me asked cabana attendant to carry up a regular lounger & he did - so deck can fit 3 loungers. Cabana rental does include fruit (presented in wooden bowl on coffee table), bag of tostitos, cheese salsa dip in jar, 4 assorted sodas & 4 bottles of water in refrigerator. Also includes 2 orange soft rubber pool mats (the attendant has to go get them from the hut for you). Wifi is included - but wasnt working well & you need to get separate passcode from hut for each device. AC inside cabana felt great. Mist on loungers on deck was refreshing. Hammock under cabana in shade was cool. Cabana attendant Fidel was polite, nice, super attentive and watchful over cabana. Food & drinks (not part of cabana price) were brought quickly. Food was tasty & drinks were good. We had a few types of frozen drinks w dominican rum & $20 buckets of local beer called Presidente (5 bottles). We had coconut shrimp appetizer ($12 & think there were 12 shrimp) & a salad with grilled steak. My daughters also had fun on zipline (included in cabana rental) & said line wasnt long. My daughters & I really liked the cabana & would rent one again!

Thanks alot for the information! Did you get a chance to see the hillside cabanas? Trying to decide which is old be better for our group. I have one person with a bad knee. They don't mind walking but if it's a real trek then maybe a poolside one would be better. Then again, I'm not sure I feel like being bothered with a zip line overhead all day or people trying to use the hammock.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I purchased a poolside cabana about a month ago for our stop in AC on 3/4/16. Earlier this week all of the cabana details on the website were revamped. It no longer says anything about $50 additional charge per person for 5th and 6th guest. So I emailed shore excursions yesterday and got response from them today. They said the operations manager at Amber Cove is running a promotion to boost cabana sales so there is no charge for the 5th and 6th guest. Zipline passes for 6 guests and pool noodles and floats are also included in cost.

Did you feel like the ocean cabana was too far away from the pool or too isolated? How quick was the waiter service?