Breakaway 14 Day Southern Caribbean Review with lots of pictures (and the Haven)

ncklhaus

So we found the Pizza place and we got a table. As I said before, it was dark inside. We ordered their special margaritas for us and a Pepsi for Melissa. Then we decided that Mike and I would get a pizza for us to share. His half would be the Goat cheese, salmon, and Onion and my half was veggie and goat cheese. Melissa got a regular personal size cheese pizza.

They were so much bigger than we thought they would be and they were fantastic. Being from NY, I like to say that I know good pizza. This has to have been one of the best we have ever had. That's right. We went all the way to Puerto Rico to go to CVS and to have pizza. LOL

The pizza....

20160106_162210_zpswedogzcq.jpg

20160106_162216_zpsad5qxc9z.jpg

20160106_162238_zpsl9ivvc33.jpg

After we ate as much as we could, we paid the bill and left the restaurant and turned left. Now, I have mentioned that we were hoping to find a restaurant that served Mofongo. We weren't able to.

And then we see this, maybe 2 doors away from where we just ate. Seriously? Oh well. Next time.

20160106_164802_zpsb3wuuw2k.jpg

20160106_164808_zps0ging8hs.jpg

#MOFONGO

I also mentioned that today was January 6th which is also 3 Kings Day and there was going to be a big celebration with a parade that was going to stop traffic soon. So we quickly made our way back to the ship.

Some pictures on our way back. It was a much easier walk back than when we walked there. Not only was it down hill, but the humidity had lessened as well.

20160106_165507_zpsvhqgebrn.jpg

20160106_165528_zpstco31nvg.jpg

20160106_165531_zpshzri1hmv.jpg

20160106_165548_zpskrdqvxzc.jpg

And our main courses "Seafood Extravaganza" for each of us. Melissa was a little creeped out by the head on shrimp. LOL

20160105_184636_zps34q7kkmn.jpg

20160105_184640_zpsvxublhzs.jpg

But we destroyed the platters. This is what was left when we were done.

20160105_191356_zps1zythpoc.jpg

I will be on the Breakaway in October. This will be the perfect restaurant to celebrate my BF birthday. He loves seafood!!

And our main courses "Seafood Extravaganza" for each of us. Melissa was a little creeped out by the head on shrimp. LOL

20160105_184636_zps34q7kkmn.jpg

20160105_184640_zpsvxublhzs.jpg

But we destroyed the platters. This is what was left when we were done.

20160105_191356_zps1zythpoc.jpg

I will be on the Breakaway in October. This will be the perfect restaurant to celebrate my BF birthday. He loves seafood!!

Then he will love it! The best seafood on the ship.

Thank you for your review. I will be sailing in March for my 49th wedding anniversary. I had mofungo in Puerto Rico. Do you have any good Puerto Rican restaurants where you live? Maybe you can go to Don Coqui in Astoria Queens. I go to the one in White Plains.

Thank you for your review. I will be sailing in March for my 49th wedding anniversary. I had mofungo in Puerto Rico. Do you have any good Puerto Rican restaurants where you live? Maybe you can go to Don Coqui in Astoria Queens. I go to the one in White Plains.

I haven't found any yet. They have Mofungo at Don Coqui? We're going to have to check it out. Thank you so much!

Great review, following it. Looking forward to our third time the Breakaway in May. We too have a 2 BR suite that we are sharing with friends, it is very helpful to see how the room looks made up and with the bunk down. Thank you!

Congratulations on conquering breast cancer with a smile on your face and a great attitude!

Awesome review so far. How was the lobster roll at ocean blu? Was it worth it? Somehow I missed this last time I was on breakaway!

I have had it on the past two cruises and the lobster is delicious I am not a bread person so I usually use the little fork and just eat the meat first and then take a few bites of the bread. My husband loves sandwiches and bread and he thinks it is great, but a bit small.

Even though I'm not eating all of it, it's a must get.

Great review, following it. Looking forward to our third time the Breakaway in May. We too have a 2 BR suite that we are sharing with friends, it is very helpful to see how the room looks made up and with the bunk down. Thank you!

Congratulations on conquering breast cancer with a smile on your face and a great attitude!

Thanks so much! I always try to find the good in bad situations. I figure that instead of dwelling on the fast that I had a mastectomy, I can celebrate the fact that I now have great boobies for life from the reconstruction I had 2 weeks ago.

Enjoy your cruise!

Last year we went to san juan for a Carnival cruise and fell on love with mofungo and tres leches dessert. ..did you see the restaurant that was the home of the pina colada?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last year we went to san juan for a Carnival cruise and fell on love with mofungo and tres leches dessert. ..did you see the restaurant that was the home of the pina colada?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No! What restaurant is that? We definitely would have tried to find it.

JoAnn, if I had a zillion dollars to send you in thanks for the MotionEaze recommendation I would. I tried it on my always carsick Beagle today on his ride to the vet and he did perfect. Normally he pukes all over his crate and drools all over even while inside at the vet. So much that I fear the other people waiting think he's rabid or something because it's so nasty.

I put the drops on his skin just inside his ear (it was easiest to get to the skin there because he's a hyper freak too) and he started to drool as he realized he was going in the car. He whined and yowled for the ride and I was afraid of what I'd find when I opened the back door of the SUV up, but it was pristine. No ropes of drool, no piles of dog puke. He didn't drool inside the vet's at all and did just as perfect on the way home. We had tried every other suggestion and nothing ever helped. I made sure to tell the Vet and the tech about our success so hopefully if they have other carsick patients they can pass it on. Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning your carsick dog and seasick daughter and this product.

JoAnn, if I had a zillion dollars to send you in thanks for the MotionEaze recommendation I would. I tried it on my always carsick Beagle today on his ride to the vet and he did perfect. Normally he pukes all over his crate and drools all over even while inside at the vet. So much that I fear the other people waiting think he's rabid or something because it's so nasty.

I put the drops on his skin just inside his ear (it was easiest to get to the skin there because he's a hyper freak too) and he started to drool as he realized he was going in the car. He whined and yowled for the ride and I was afraid of what I'd find when I opened the back door of the SUV up, but it was pristine. No ropes of drool, no piles of dog puke. He didn't drool inside the vet's at all and did just as perfect on the way home. We had tried every other suggestion and nothing ever helped. I made sure to tell the Vet and the tech about our success so hopefully if they have other carsick patients they can pass it on. Thank you, thank you, thank you for mentioning your carsick dog and seasick daughter and this product.

You are so welcome! I am very happy that I was able to help.

It also helps if you're feeling nauseous from drinking too much. :D

I will hopefully be able to work on my review a little more tomorrow. It's been a hectic week since I'm getting back to my normal self more and more. Today I worked, took my daughter to karate, and then resumed my duties on the PTA board of directors (a 2 hour meeting tonight). Tomorrow is not as busy. Thank goodness.

I just caught up on your review. Thank your for sharing your story. You are truly inspiring. The true definition of a fighter. Keep fighting always!

Thanks for the wonderful review!

Thank you so much for your kind words.

More review coming up!

We got back onboard the ship and weren't sure what to do tonight. So we decided to wander around a bit. Then I noticed the touchscreen monitors that we near the elevators were more than just advertisements and a means for making dinner reservations.

This is what I mean and you can see what I saw as I went through different screens.

20160106_185634_zpsz7zssb1v.jpg

20160106_185638_zpsi3alkdaa.jpg

20160106_185645_zpsgwtsobsb.jpg

20160106_185709_zpswvhpv2gk.jpg

20160106_185714_zps2tmj7sv5.jpg

20160106_185736_zpskmlfzo9y.jpg