Viking grand European

ubsueg

Close to booking this tour for August 2016.

Can some experienced river cruisers give me some advice on this cruise..Viking cruise line..air plus experiences from JFK.

Viking running a cancel for any reason promotion for bookings 1/8 to 1/30

Does anyone have prior experience.

This would be our first Viking river cruise.

Thanks

Can some experienced river cruisers give me some advice on this cruise..Viking cruise line..air plus experiences from JFK.

Thanks

Hi ubsueg!

Viking is running a great deal right now! I dropped by the forum to see what others are talking about too. Looking at booking with them again and need ideas. Myself, my husband and friends really enjoyed our romantic danube cruise with Viking last year. I do wish we had booked the longer one that you are looking at. We had friends book that one after we got back and shared our adventures with them and they were super impressed. Trip of a lifetime!

There is lots of info on this site and I posted an article on my food and travel blog about travel docs, air, etc on my blog, http://pieladylife.com/tag/viking-river-cruise/ that you might be interested in. I'm happy to answer any other questions you might have as well. I know I sure had loads of questions before and after booking.

Hope that helps!

Valerie

Thanks

We did this cruise in fall 2011 with Viking - and we added Prague extension. Since then we have been back to Prague independently for 5 days (yes, we loved it that much!:) ) when we booked the Viking Elbe cruise in 2014 .

If you have any questions, you can email me at cgvelocci at gmail dot com. I would be glad to share my thoughts and experiences.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

The message on this forum seems to be when Viking is good.....she is very very good.....So we were one of the very lucky passengers..in fall of 2015 we traveled with 4 other couples from Budapest to Amsterdam .....extras diy days on both ends..one couple was even able to do Prague too. All was great...food, wine, tours, French balconies...our side of the ship NEVER rafted! Luck I know!!!

We will cruise Viking again. Going to try the ocean cruise next.

Have also done 2 more exotic Irrawaddy and Amazon with Vantage....also enjoyed those experiences but very different than Europe and ease of that cruise.

Do it you will not be sorry to start with a longer voyage .

Took this cruise with extension to Prague in July 2015. Very happy with the company, crew, and cruise. Plenty to see and do. Had only cruised by ocean liner previously. River cruising is different, not better or worse but different. Ships are smaller allowing you to get to know other passengers and the crew. Viking is 100% committed to providing customer satisfaction.

This is an active cruise. Stops daily with excursions in every port. Tour guides are supremely good and knowledgeable. This cruise gives an opportunity to experience Europe in a short two week time. Be sure to take the optional concert in Vienna, fantastic.

I highly recommend this cruise. I di not think you will be disappointed. Bring comfortable walking shoes. You will see more than you can remember.

We are booked on this cruise in August. First cruise with Viking. Did our first river cruise on the Mekong River with Ama Waterways. Really looking forward to Europe. We'll be staying in Budapest on our own for a few days before boarding and then staying in Amsterdam afterwards.

We enjoyed the Grand European Viking cruise, we sailed June 2014.

The ports are most interesting with many diverse experiences.

For the most part we liked Viking. We felt food was a little weak but many fellow passengers raved about the meals.

I would encourage anyone to try a river cruise.

• 5 months later...
We are booked on this cruise in August. First cruise with Viking. Did our first river cruise on the Mekong River with Ama Waterways. Really looking forward to Europe. We'll be staying in Budapest on our own for a few days before boarding and then staying in Amsterdam afterwards.

What are your dates? We sail on August 12th BUD-AMS