Food choices and charges

Mikiejag

This may be silly, but all food is free all the time?

And before that gets slammed, I am going on the Dawn and have heard about the wings, Blue Lagoon, I believe.

Are those included in the cruise price?

I am getting a little mixed up over the up-charges, room service, and included items.

I am under the impression that the up-charge restaurants are not included, room service is extra, but if I wanted to walk by and pick up an order of wings it would be free.

Is that correct?

Thanks all for what should be a simple question...Just need to know if I need to up my wing budget or not

I am under the impression that the up-charge restaurants are not included, room service is extra, but if I wanted to walk by and pick up an order of wings it would be free.

Thanks all for what should be a simple question...Just need to know if I need to up my wing budget or not

Your $0 wing budget will cover it! And yes, your other assumptions are correct (though there are some caveats to the room service thing...some items will just cost you a tip, I believe).

You can even get wings "to go" if you want to haul them to a bar for a game, etc.

They aren't my favorite wing because they have some breading on them, but that's how some people like them. Sauce flavors are decent. Enjoy!

Edited by weltek

Perfect. I thought that was it, but someone else posted there was a charge for food everywhere but the MDR.

And honestly I don't remember what I did in the past... lol

Go to the dining section on NCL.com and download the Freestyle Dining Guide. It will tell you which venues are complimentary and which ones have a charge.

Enjoy your wings!

Enjoy your wings!

I plan too, love the breaded ones...

and I did read it, but sometimes there are the Astrix that are not fully listed and first hand knowledge is so much better. :) which is kinda what brought about the post, it was free, but another poster just said they were charged an extra fee for everything, which made no sense, but Freestyle could mean Freetocharge...

Does anyone know where you can get the specialty Dining restaurant menus?

I just google "Norwegian (ship name) (restaurant name) menu" and look for links and images. It's been easy-not too much "sifting". You can also just do the search in this forum with the ship name and restaurant name.

Perfect. I thought that was it, but someone else posted there was a charge for food everywhere but the MDR.

And honestly I don't remember what I did in the past... lol

Actually, there are a lot of places to get complimentary food:

Aqua

Sit back, relax and embark on a culinary adventure inside this complimentary Main Dining Room. From more options on the daily changing menus to a Chocoholic Night available once per sailing featuring specialty chocolate-based desserts, Aqua has something for the foodie in everyone.

Venetian

Offering beautifully crafted contemporary dishes and carefully selected Chef's Signature Dishes, this Main Dining Room has everything you're looking for in a dining experience. And then some. Plus, with a grand Italian Palazzo complete with crystal chandeliers and a sweeping staircase, the atmosphere inside Venetian is just as impressive as the culinary delights found on the menu.

Bamboo

Enjoy a complimentary Asian Fusion dining venue featuring freshly prepared noodles, delicious wok fried dishes, authentic soups, and more.

Bimini Grill

Located poolside at the Oasis Pool is Bimini Bar & Grill. Enjoy a burger, pizza and more delicious grilled items. Then stop by Sprinkles Ice Cream Bar.

Blue Lagoon

In honor of the midnight snack, we bring you the Blue Lagoon 24-Hour Food Court. Whether you're hankering for a burger or the Food Court-Style eatery, you can enjoy it all in a family friendly atmosphere day or night.

Garden Café / Kid’s Café

The Garden Café offers a family-friendly menu of omelets, pasta, soups, salads, and ethnic specialties. There's even a special kid-sized section for little eaters.

You can also get a continental breakfast from room service, which is complimentary during certain hours.

I just google "Norwegian (ship name) (restaurant name) menu" and look for links and images. It's been easy-not too much "sifting". You can also just do the search in this forum with the ship name and restaurant name.

I have been finding the main menus for these but I thought they went to ala cart pricing?

• 2 months later...
Only the Escape has gone a la carte so far, here are their menus.

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-escape-menus.html

I am sailing on the Dawn and it has also gone A' la carte for La Cucina, Cagney's and Le Bistro. Teppanyaki is $35.34 and Moderno is $29.44 and prices include the 18% gratuity and service charge.

I am sailing on the Dawn and it has also gone A' la carte for La Cucina, Cagney's and Le Bistro. Teppanyaki is $35.34 and Moderno is $29.44 and prices include the 18% gratuity and service charge.

That post you quoted was from January. It was accurate at that time. Several ships have gone à la carte since that post. :)

I did see that the post I mentioned earlier was a little dated. I guess it would have been best for me to not have quoted a previous comment. I only wanted to share information for anyone doing a quick search about dining, especially any newbies. At the time I booked my cruise, dining in the specialty restaurants still had fixed pricing. As previously mentioned, some are now A' la carte.