To Royal Caribbean Or Not To Royal Caribbean... That Is The Question

Hey Everyone,

I don't know if anyone else has the same thoughts as me but I am always contemplating whether taking a Royal Caribbean cruise. I mean they look fantastic and have tons going on but then I just think - is this too much going on? It's on my bucket list but keeps slipping further and further down with all other cruise lines and itineraries surpassing it. Can anyone convince me or give me reasons to why I should take one.

Glyn

Our first cruise was on Royal and 10 cruises later we're still with them (with 3 cruises on the books). We had such a wonderful experience and decided to remain loyal as long as we continued to have good experiences. We stay with the "smaller" of the ships as we find there is plenty of things to do.

I have cruised on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian and also once on Princess. Each has their individual strengths. Based on reputation as a booze cruise (perhaps no longer valid) I won't cruise on Carnival. I live near Houston, Texas so we are fortunate to have two cruise ports right nearby. I like Royal Caribbean and they sail out of Houston so they are pretty much who I sail with. I don't know that I have ever seen an entire ship from one end to the other because I'm too busy relaxing, eating pretty good food and watching pretty good entertainment. I wish RCCL would expand their itineraries out of Houston but they have enough to keep me coming back. You've just got to do your own reviews and figure out what's best for you. Maybe I'm lucky, but I've never been on a bad cruise with any line!

We have been on at least 10 Carnival, as well as Disney, Holland America, NCL and Royal for 3. We just booked Allure just for the ship and what it offers. Much more and better entertainment. But Carnival is at least 1/3 cheaper and we prefer to go more often. We prefer to sit out on the deck, go to shows, eat and sleep! We do not go to to nightclubs or dances or most deck activities on Carnival. We have never felt like it was just a party shop. I would never go on a 3 or 4 day, those tend to be the party cruises.

That said, the Carnival Breeze is coming to Galveston in May I believe. Jaime Dee is going to be the cruise director from May 15 to July 23. We don't usually care about the cruise director but I am telling you she stands out as excellent! I have been on 24 cruises and had one that drove me nuts, and she was excellent and the rest I could not tell you their names.

If ever you were going to try Carnival that may be the ship for you!