Celebrity Suite verses Sky

SeasTheDay12

Luminae is open for breakfast, lunch (on sea days) and dinner. It is available to all suite categories, including Sky Suites, for all meal service when open. However, on the Equinox last fall we found that service at both breakfast and lunch to be so slow that we had both breakfast and lunch somewhere else.

Luminae is open for lunch on sea days again? I thought I read that they were only serving brunch on sea days now, and dinner.

I have been in a CS and SS, both on Penthouse Deck on Solstice.

I did not mind the bedroom being separate, in fact it felt cozy. It had a very nice, large balcony, plenty of storage and if one of you sleeps later, you will not disturb the lazy one ;-). The bathroom was smaller than the SS and that was the only negative.

The Aft corner SS, is nice and light and has the better bathroom. The sail a way is wonderful with the broad views from the back of the ship. I felt our butler service was much better in the CS and you had to walk past cleaning carts etc. prior to entering your foyer for the SS.

I have booked a CS for a cruise to Japan on M class, so I think that is what I prefer.

Hi cruisers. I am joining a cruise late with little availability on a TA in April

Other than more space, would someone tell me why a CS would be better?

TIA

Hi Deb:

Glad to see you on CC! Hope all is well with you.

I'm assuming you are cruising single still (leaving the DH behind). If so, I would also vote for the S1. I have done both on the S class ships and would go for the S1, if cruising alone, now that MC is available for the S1s. The main advantage of the CS IMO is the separate room if you are traveling with someone else (one can sleep in or take a nap and with the 2 doors in the bathroom can even use the bathroom without disturbing the other person). The bedroom is dark, but is good for sleeping (it does have the shade to let in some light from the living room).

I loved the light and space in the S1 and the balcony is amazing. We were in Reflection 1214 and the balcony was huge, with sun and shade (and some privacy). We even had an angled CS balcony, but liked the S1 better - you can't beat the view of the wake (will never forget our dinners out there with the sun setting).

The corner aft suites are very quiet (with a large anteroom outside the suite and the adjacent cabin) - you get used to the walk very quickly. The bathroom is a little nicer in the S1s IMO and the storage is good in both.

Enjoy whatever suite you choose! :)

Marilyn