Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

21bcce6de6c8e65da47301c52f75f280.jpg

But not before ordering a drink.

Brooklyn Brown Ale > Sam Adams > Grey Goose Tonic > Cabernet > Sam Adams > Bass Pale Ale > Bass Pale Ale > Bud Light > Red Stripe > Founders IPA > Grey Goose Tonic

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sue and I got off the ship shortly after 1pm. It takes us no more than five minutes to find... the one, the only...

bd2543341412788133f16f38567f55ad.jpg

FREEMAN!!

It turns out he was on the phone with us... once. The last time. Apparently he was in a rush and didn't understand what I was asking. But no worries... kind words were exchanged, along with what we rightly owed him (plus a generous tip). The other couple left money with us along with their room number in case we never found him.

It ended up being a positive, friendly exchange. We left the island on a high note.

I will say that I have really enjoyed living vicariously through you this week...but this really made my day. This was very telling of who you are...well played Doug-well played.

52197a50be0bf72f24937109b27d434c.jpg

11:32pm - Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On. Suddenly I look more in shape.

That looks like Jeremy singing, but can't really tell. Is he still on the ship?! On the TA he said he had signed a 3 month contract, which is unheard of for those performers. Most just do a couple weeks. It's over 3 months now! Nutty.

945572e70220c5a883b534cd72a7ed23.jpg

I honestly lost track of what time it is. My phone says 8:34pm, and either that's wrong or the Escape is hugely unsuccessful based on the occupancy of public areas.

I'm sitting by myself at the Internet cafe charging my phone. 8% now.

I had gone back to Skyline.

I asked a security girl standing outside if there was a place I could plug in my charger, and I'm not sure if she misunderstood me or I misunderstood her, but all I heard was, "sure, where's your wife?".

I pulled the charger out of my pocket to show her.

She says, "oh yes, ask him", pointing to the bartender inside. So I go over and show him, and he doesn't skip a beat and says "guest services". I have no idea what's going on.

I pass my 3rd DWI checkpoint and the single guest services guy (deja vu?) is on the phone pacifying a guest.

So now I'm sitting plugged in at the computer lab. 14%. Ugh, why haven't I done late night spice?!? Leaving now, great suggestion!!!

3a8df5ca75738f92d08581e8716b6e20.jpg

8:58pm Doug Time, at Spice

Brooklyn Brown Ale > Sam Adams > Grey Goose Tonic > Cabernet > Sam Adams > Bass Pale Ale > Bass Pale Ale > Bud Light > Red Stripe > Founders IPA > Grey Goose Tonic > Grey Goose Tonic

3a8df5ca75738f92d08581e8716b6e20.jpg

8:58pm Doug Time, at Spice

Brooklyn Brown Ale > Sam Adams > Grey Goose Tonic > Cabernet > Sam Adams > Bass Pale Ale > Bass Pale Ale > Bud Light > Red Stripe > Founders IPA > Grey Goose Tonic > Grey Goose Tonic

Not very Spicy...

Doug, thanks!

After 60 minutes laying in bed here in Castro Valley, CA starting from the beginning reading your posts (22% battery left LOL), I'm 1/2 way prepped for our own July sail away on Escape. I will be complete on Saturday when you port back in Miami.

Nobody else is upstairs here in the house, but you managed to make me laugh out loud 4 times (I'm not a big laugher) almost pee myself, and made me cry! And the presidential debates aren't even on CNN.

Your sense using the camera, framing, humor, timing and your character, (FREEMAN) is striking!! Bravo!

94c8ea5cae44090e48ad22d8d8baaf5b.jpg

And the presidential debates aren't even on CNN.

You're killing me!! One of the funniest posts on this thread. You win a cat.

9:14dt, still hanging in Spice. There's a waterfall on the big screen, and fun people across the way.

4f6f0ad1d990ba2c74c6a0c44978b52a.jpg