Zika Virus

LouisV

We are planning a cruise to the Galapagos in April 2017. Now with the Zika Virus in headlines, has anyone who's also going to that area of SA changing plans or taking any kind of precautions? The pregnancy issue is not a concern to my husband and I ;)

Thanks

Mo

There are many far more serious diseases in the world with no precautionary vaccines. From what I've read, the major risk is to pregnant women and if you aren't in that group, then if you do become infected with the virus, you will most likely have minor virus symptoms for a few days....just like many other diseases around the world.

Net...I wouldn't cancel the cruise....

LouisV, we are going January of 2017.

From all that we have read a solution will not be available for a very long time.

But other than those that are pregnant it doesn't look like a major problem and certainly we will use insect repellent.

Best to you.

Keith

We did both Galapagos and Machu Picchu in November. Did not even see any mosquitos at any of the places we went to. Just take deet repellent which you will need if you go to Machu Picchu. Used it once in the islands. No reason to cancel. It is a trip you do not want to miss.