Which Premium Alcohols are NOT included in the UBP?!?

Bbrachy07

Hey guys were taking our first cruise on NCL Dawn next month and apperently even though your paying $69 a day for unlimited booze they advise some of the premium brands are NOT included. Can anyone let me know which ones??

Thank you

For the moment, just about everything is included, as long as you get it at a restaurant or a bar (i.e. not mini-bar, not room service), and as long as they do not consider it to be a drink special with a special price.

Basically, all single servings of all brands of alcohol are included. If the price goes over $15, you pay the difference.

Full details can be found in the terms & conditions.

(People will probably bring up the disappointing news coming from the Sky, which you can read about here, but for now this has no relevance for the rest of the fleet, like the Dawn.)

Does the UBP apply when you stop at NCL's private island? Just curious as i am comparison shopping CCL vs NCL and we want to try a different cruise line....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's considered the same as being on the ship.

So basically any brand would be included like johnnie walker black in guessing. What about Ciroc if anyone knows??

Just got off the star on on the 24th all Johnnie up to Gold was included also reg glenfiddich, woodford reserve, bulliet and makers mark included, i paid 2.95 extra for the blue, and 4.95 extra for the Macallan Wiskey Makers, and i think there was a glenfiddich special that was up charge. don't be afraid to go top shelf, who know how long it will last.

Just got off the star on on the 24th all Johnnie up to Gold was included also reg glenfiddich, woodford reserve, bulliet and makers mark included, i paid 2.95 extra for the blue, and 4.95 extra for the Macallan Wiskey Makers, and i think there was a glenfiddich special that was up charge. don't be afraid to go top shelf, who know how long it will last.

Seeker One. How was the service on the Star? Been on 4 other NCL ships and it has always been good. 1st time with the UBP.

Seeker One. How was the service on the Star? Been on 4 other NCL ships and it has always been good. 1st time with the UBP.

I read the bad reviews about the star at the end of 2015 so I wasn't sure what to expect. I got drinks at every bar( except mojito's), very fast service mostly 2-3mins for a drink no more then 5-7min was the longest, every employee I passed in the halls said hello good morning(afternoon) always smiling, at the buffet's they were constantly clearing plates and sweeping the floor, and adding fresh food. The crew members worked at multiple dining venues/bars and they remembered us at each one like when i ordered a whiskey they knew I wanted it neat. If ordering two drinks they only asked for one ubp card and never a signature unless one drink was over $15. This was our first time with the ubp and we took advantage of it not in quantity but quality i.e instead of a well whiskey ginger I'd get a crown ginger, not a morning drinker but I did Irish coffee's or mimosas most mornings or some top shelf whiskeys/scotchs that I wouldn't normally pay for.

I read the bad reviews about the star at the end of 2015 so I wasn't sure what to expect. I got drinks at every bar( except mojito's), very fast service mostly 2-3mins for a drink no more then 5-7min was the longest, every employee I passed in the halls said hello good morning(afternoon) always smiling, at the buffet's they were constantly clearing plates and sweeping the floor, and adding fresh food. The crew members worked at multiple dining venues/bars and they remembered us at each one like when i ordered a whiskey they knew I wanted it neat. If ordering two drinks they only asked for one ubp card and never a signature unless one drink was over $15. This was our first time with the ubp and we took advantage of it not in quantity but quality i.e instead of a well whiskey ginger I'd get a crown ginger, not a morning drinker but I did Irish coffee's or mimosas most mornings or some top shelf whiskeys/scotchs that I wouldn't normally pay for.

Thanks for the quick reply. I usually take negative reviews with a grain of salt but wasnt sure how customers with an UBP would be treated. Not to worry! Counting the days. Thanks again!

Edited by jahura2

Evidently not. And the ultra premium brands are not listed with prices anyway. Some brands are available at certain bars but not listed on the menu, others are listed but it says "ask your server for pricing".

If you are interested in mixed drinks, most menus are fleetwide, but some cocktails vary by season and destination.

When did they start giving you a "credit" for the drink max value when you bought a "super premium" I was always under the impression you paid the full amount not the upcharge??

If I remember right, it changed about a year ago, I think.