Jan promo double LATITUDES Points Per Night PLUS...

vacalover99

We booked yesterday with the pick two Jan promos. (drink package & dinning package).

I forgot to ask travel agent about the latitudes point special going on for Jan. Does anyone know if you can use the pick two promo along with the double points for latitudes? Do all cruises qualify for this promo? We booked more than 9 months out.. does that mean we get triple points?

Main reason why I'm asking is we booked a 14 night out of NYC, and if we get triple points that would be amazing, bump us from silver all the way to platinum.

Thanks in advance!

Doubt it..

Probably just double points only no combining the offers..

I booked more than 9 months early on my upcoming 12 Day cruise in March which gives me 24 Points...

It bumps me up to another tier on my next cruise..

No risk in asking but I doubt they will give it to you...

Edited by warriorking

Are you referring to the Latitudes Insider Offer? The extra point is not given for all cruises, it is only the specific sailings that they select for each month. I don't remember the destinations they chose for last month (and only some of the cruises going to those destinations are eligible).

The problem with this offer is that there is no promo code associated with it. It used to be LATITUDE, but now the terms say there is none and you just have to trust that they will give you the right points. But you won't know until after the cruise. The extra point can be stacked with the extra point for booking more than 9 months in advance, and also with the extra point for suite bookings. But again, there is nothing on your booking that indicates that you are getting the extra point.

I don't know of a way to check past Insider Offers once the website is updated for the current month.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

I booked a 7 day on Escape for December 2016, including the beverage package, more than 9 months out, as well as Latitudes bonus... On my confirmation, in the top right hand corner it has: CHOB (bev package) EASYFARE (not sure what that is) and LATBONUS... The rep said I would get 3 points per night Latitude points...

The pick 2 promo has nothing to do with Latitudes (Rewards) points.

It breaks down to simply number of nights - if booked 9 months out - using

a Latitudes Offer (not a promo) - and sweeten with a suite or higher cabin.

The Latitudes Offer is usually for a specific area of cruising i.e. Caribbean in

mid-winter - Baltic in summer.

The Promos are like adding OBC to your cruising experience but gaining no

points toward Latitudes status.

Are you referring to the Latitudes Insider Offer? The extra point is not given for all cruises, it is only the specific sailings that they select for each month. I don't remember the destinations they chose for last month (and only some of the cruises going to those destinations are eligible).

The problem with this offer is that there is no promo code associated with it. It used to be LATITUDE, but now the terms say there is none and you just have to trust that they will give you the right points. But you won't know until after the cruise. The extra point can be stacked with the extra point for booking more than 9 months in advance, and also with the extra point for suite bookings. But again, there is nothing on your booking that indicates that you are getting the extra point.

I don't know of a way to check past Insider Offers once the website is updated for the current month.

Thanks for your response! Yes I was referring to the Latitudes Insider Offer. I will just double check with my travel agent. No biggie if I don't receive the extra points... I was just curious!

We just sailed the Escape on a Latitudes Insider Offer. When booked in February 2015 with our NCL PCC, we were given the choice of the Insider Offer OR the UBP, speciality dining, shore excursion credit or internet minutes. Unfortunately, they couldn't combine offers. Would have been awesome! So, unless something has changed, you will likely have to choose the points or the Freestyle options.

ETA: If you do book 9 months out, you'll get double points. But you wouldn't get triple points + the Freestyle option.

Edited by dolita22

We just sailed the Escape on a Latitudes Insider Offer. When booked in February 2015 with our NCL PCC, we were given the choice of the Insider Offer OR the UBP, speciality dining, shore excursion credit or internet minutes. Unfortunately, they couldn't combine offers. Would have been awesome! So, unless something has changed, you will likely have to choose the points or the Freestyle options.

ETA: If you do book 9 months out, you'll get double points. But you wouldn't get triple points + the Freestyle option.

You would get the triple points and Freestyle options if you book a SUITE !

That is the way to game the system and fast track to Platinum.

But not everyone can afford the more than double cost of the suite balancing

their budget to get the token promos.

I booked a 7 day on Escape for December 2016, including the beverage package, more than 9 months out, as well as Latitudes bonus... On my confirmation, in the top right hand corner it has: CHOB (bev package) EASYFARE (not sure what that is) and LATBONUS... The rep said I would get 3 points per night Latitude points...

I booked Breakaway for next Jan while on board Escape this Jan.I just did a B2B on the Escape so I have 14 points now.Would I get double points for booking one year out?Thank you.

That's true, the Insider Offer is not necessarily combinable with Freestyle Choice, but it is not necessarily incompatible, either. Last year some people reported being able to get both. I haven't heard anything either way recently with Free at Sea. The Insider Offer just doesn't seem to be on most people's radars. I wonder if it actually helps them sell cruises (especially if it cannot be combined with the promo perks).
I booked Breakaway for next Jan while on board Escape this Jan.I just did a B2B on the Escape so I have 14 points now.Would I get double points for booking one year out?Thank you.
Yes, you get an additional point if you book 9 months or more in advance. This happens automatically and I think it can be combined on top of most other offers (like CruiseNext Ultimate).

That's true, the Insider Offer is not necessarily combinable with Freestyle Choice, but it is not necessarily incompatible, either. Last year some people reported being able to get both. I haven't heard anything either way recently with Free at Sea. The Insider Offer just doesn't seem to be on most people's radars. I wonder if it actually helps them sell cruises (especially if it cannot be combined with the promo perks).

Yes, you get an additional point if you book 9 months or more in advance. This happens automatically and I think it can be combined on top of most other offers (like CruiseNext Ultimate).

That's great thank you.We have the drinks package and 6 nights dining package.This will take us up to 40 points.

• 11 months later...

I realize this was posted almost a year ago - but I am wondering if anyone saves money booking an insider offer with a TA instead of booking it direct on NCL's website. Our TA booked it for the same cost and same perks - just wondering if I should see if another TA could do better? Anyone had experience with this?