Spinning on Allure?

Hi! So I have recently become obsessed with my Peloton bike and find myself trying to figure out the spinning options on our upcoming Allure cruise. (Normally I would be planning the best place to sit on my tush! http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif). I have found some dated information regarding Flywheel on Allure and Oasis, but nothing in a year, and nothing on Royal Caribbean's website. Is it still Flywheel on Allure? How many classes during the week? Can you use the spinning bikes when there isn't a formal class? Does anyone happen to have any recent Fitness Center schedules?

Greatly appreciate any information! Thank you!

Wow. Love your post. Equally obsessed with my peloton & looked into the flywheel option. I'll be on the Oasis soon. I think they offer 1/2 hour morning classes daily but I'm not sure. I saw a Royal Caribbean link on the flywheel website. I was on a NCL cruise in December & they had daily hour long spinning. It was ok but the pedal cages had a serrated edge that really hurt the bottom of my feet. I got a pair of spin shoes for the trip from REI. I'll try to report back after my trip.

Hi there - I have not sailed Allure but have sailed Oasis and many other ships which have bikes in the fitness center. I believe there is a fee for the class and when the class is not on, the bikes are placed in a corner and "locked" together. So no, I'm afraid you can't just hop on and take a workout when you want to.

Here is a link to a Compass from November. If it's not the one you want, you can do a search for "Allure compass".:

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/allure-of-the-seas-daily-cruise-compass-paper/

I'm just off the Allure from last week. I am a spin instructor, and I decided to try the FLYwheel class. I usually just like to run the track when I am on vacation, and the running track was AMAZING on the Allure...2.5 laps is one mile.. and its on deck 5 .shaded with waterfountain..but I decided to give Flywheel a chance...it was $ 25 plus 18 % grat.. and I think it was offered on four of the seven days..They gave you clip shoes..and the score / power ratings were recorded on a scoreboard just like in a regular Flywheel class..I am extremely critical since I am an instructor and I thought the class was okay.. not amazing, but definitely worth taking once or twice. Definitely a " cruise instructor" who took a little Flywheel class to learn to teach that way, but when some of the bikes weren't registering, she offered little encouragement for those participants..Just my two cents.. There were also FLYBarre classes and TRX class as well as the usual yoga and bootcamp offerings.. all extra charge..but that running track.. Running is my passion and I couldn't NOT run every day.. it was just too nice....Hope this helps...

I'm up at 6 AM and walk the track every day for an hour an a half while my wife is getting ready for the day. I love walking and watching the sun come up in the warm Caribbean while we are still approaching our next port of call. Before pre-diner drinks and diner I'll ride an upright bike in the gym for 45 minutes. I have a spinner at home and prefer it over the upright. It frosts my stones that the Cruise lines (at least RCCL, Celebrity, Princess and Holland America) don't allow the spinners to be used when they aren't in use during a structured class.

Edited by davekathy

• 11 months later...
do they let you use the bikes when spin classes arn't going on?

Not in our experience. The bikes are usually put away with a sign saying they are not to be used outside of a class.

There are other bike type cardio machines there.