NCL headed to BORA BORA!!

When we went in December the cruise consultant was pretty clueless as to what was coming out. I saw the NCL press release here on CC and told him about it and 4 days later I asked him if he had seen any info yet and he still hadn't gotten any info from NCL.

Wow. What's the point of having a cruise consultant if he/she has no clue as to what's happening?!

Tracy

Decided to book a 2017 Holland America 33 day round trip San Diego that goes to Hawaii and Tahiti. 2 days in Bora Bora which is a big plus. In fact 7 days will be in French Polynesia. Love not having to fly international.

Sounds like a great cruise, hope you enjoy.

We're booked up for 2017 so we'll see what 2018 has to offer. If the Bora Bora cruise on NCL does come to fruition, who knows what the future may hold?? gonna wait n see... always fun. :p

Cheers

Sounds like a great cruise, hope you enjoy.

We're booked up for 2017 so we'll see what 2018 has to offer. If the Bora Bora cruise on NCL does come to fruition, who knows what the future may hold?? gonna wait n see... always fun. :p

Cheers

Yup ! If only it is more than just wishin' and hopin'. 2018 here we come.

This is very interesting. I'm currently shopping a trans Pacific cruise--Sydney to Honolulu-- on either HAL, to whom I am loyal, or on Celebrity in April 2018. The Celebrity itinerary is better because it visits NZ and Tahiti, but HAL is two fewer days and much cheaper. This possible NCL itinerary gives me something else to consider.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any new news? The HAL ship currently on a cruise in and out of San Diego to Hawaii, Tahiti and a couple of other islands is having the cruise from hell. Crazy weather - cyclones and torrential rain most days. Missed a few ports too. Unusual this time of year.

Paul Gauguin who sails regularly out of Tahiti has had a couple trips to/from Australia when they have done drydocks in Australia. Those trips were right around 14 days as I recall with a few stops along the way. They have been very reasonable. They have a drydock next year I believe so we'll have to see where they go. PG really does French Polynesia well.

Yes, the PG is amazing. Couldn't imagine being in Tahiti on any other ship.

Been on the PG five times. It is simply amazing. However I hate flying there!

From LA it is only two hours longer than Hawaii. We upgraded to business class on Air Tahiti Nui and it was lovely.

The first time we went on Windstar

and then the PG. they are both small, outstanding products

Edited by Merriem

From LA it is only two hours longer than Hawaii. We upgraded to business class on Air Tahiti Nui and it was lovely.

The first time we went on Windstar

and then the PG. they are both small, outstanding products

I know! But after 8 trips to French Polynesia the FF miles have run out and I hate flying out there coach! You are lucky you didn't get the old ATN plane. That plane's business class stinks unless you are in the front row.

Edited by twin123185

I was on the breakaway a couple of weeks ago and had a long talk with the cruise consultants, Shane and Martin I think, and they let it slip that the Sun was headed to Bora Bora in late 2018 from San Diego. They said it was going to be a one time trip so maybe headed to Australia? Anyone else heard anything similar?

Sounds like it would be an amazing cruise!!!

One of my favorite islands. Any word on what other islands they will be calling on? Round trip to San Diego or Transpacific?

I know! But after 8 trips to French Polynesia the FF miles have run out and I hate flying out there coach! You are lucky you didn't get the old ATN plane. That plane's business class stinks unless you are in the front row.

We were on a beautiful new plane. With PG air is included, and it was about $2000 extra pp fro business

We were on a beautiful new plane. With PG air is included, and it was about $2000 extra pp fro business

I remember the days of upgrading at check in for $700 each way. Even from NYC. I miss those flights. That route never should have failed. They are changing to Boeing 787's in 2018. I hope they go to flat beds.

I remember the days of upgrading at check in for $700 each way. Even from NYC. I miss those flights. That route never should have failed. They are changing to Boeing 787's in 2018. I hope they go to flat beds.

I though upgrading before we left home for $1100 each way was a great deal. Their service was amazing. Close to Cathay Pacific

I though upgrading before we left home for $1100 each way was a great deal. Their service was amazing. Close to Cathay Pacific

Great! Yeah they raised prices I think a year and a half ago. Still worth it if you can afford it. I have had great service and terrible. The terrible was when I was on the beginning or the continuation of the flight to or from Paris. It does make a difference. Before 2006 service was even more unbelievable but then they changed a few things. Of course many employees getting caught smuggling and much turnover didn't help.

Last summer in coach our meal was head cheese by the way PPT to LAX!

Two years ago we flew Hawaiian Airlines from JFK to PPT with a layover in Honolulu. They were good and price was same as ATN was from LAX!

Edited by twin123185

Great! Yeah they raised prices I think a year and a half ago. Still worth it if you can afford it. I have had great service and terrible. The terrible was when I was on the beginning or the continuation of the flight to or from Paris. It does make a difference. Before 2006 service was even more unbelievable but then they changed a few things. Of course many employees getting caught smuggling and much turnover didn't help.

Last summer in coach our meal was head cheese by the way PPT to LAX!

Two years ago we flew Hawaiian Airlines from JFK to PPT with a layover in Honolulu. They were good and price was same as ATN was from LAX!

I'm still trying to figure out what they were trying to feed us from PPT to LAX. The breakfast meal itself - some sort of omelette - was still frozen.

I've looked at going through Hawaii as well but the trips we are looking to do are the 10 or 11 day and it seemed the ones going from HNL to PPT and back were only on a Saturday so would only work for the 7 day (unless we stayed more days in the beginning and end).

I'm still trying to figure out what they were trying to feed us from PPT to LAX. The breakfast meal itself - some sort of omelette - was still frozen.

I've looked at going through Hawaii as well but the trips we are looking to do are the 10 or 11 day and it seemed the ones going from HNL to PPT and back were only on a Saturday so would only work for the 7 day (unless we stayed more days in the beginning and end).

Yes Hawaiian only flies on Saturday. I did a few day pre cruise on my trip.