Draft beer

ldgiff

Anyone know if draft beer available on Reflection? If so, what bar and what brand. I'm thinking that the upper pool area bar had something. Fatherinlaw asked me so I'm trying to find out.

When they do have draft beer, it's usually Heineken and Amstel Light. I did notice on some ships and sailings they don't have it on board, although they did have the taps at the Mast bar, Sunset Bar, and Sky Lounge.

Don't know why RC corporation has such an aversion to handling drafts. My understanding is that, on land, draft beer is a high profit item. On those ships with an "English Pub" I expected all sorts on tap, but no, just the same two.

Don't know why RC corporation has such an aversion to handling drafts. My understanding is that, on land, draft beer is a high profit item. On those ships with an "English Pub" I expected all sorts on tap, but no, just the same two.

On our last HAL cruise i had a discussion on Draft Beer with the Beverage Manager, I wish I could recall his name, but he had also been with another cruise line prior to working for HAL. He said the reason that HAL does not have Draft Beer on most of their ships, and that most ships have no or limited draft beer is the logistics of dealing with the needed CO2 bottles. Compressed gasses require special storage and transportation precautions on ships and most lines consider it more trouble than it is worth.

Don't know how true that all is, but I can confirm that compressed gasses do have certain mandatory storage and handling requirements in industry.

That being said, I hope I can find some draft Heineken on the Connie next week!