Port Canaveral to MCO

Evie29

Most likely.

Weather delays and long port/custom inspections might be a factor.

It's 45-50 minutes for a taxi/shuttle ride to MCO and at least 1 hour for TSA clearance at MCO( maybe longer in the summer). That means leaving the ship by 9AM. Best way to do that is to self assist and take your own bags down or use luggage express, if available.

We drove down 3 weeks ago off the Valor, and by 11:15AM we were up in Daytona Beach heading home. The Valor started letting people off around 7:30A. We lingered, had breakfast on board the ship in the MDR, and had to wait for a shuttle to our offsite parking.

On Valor 2 weeks ago we were among 1st to disembark, we got off at 8:00 AM, cleared Customs quickly and were at MCO by 9:15 - 9:30 PM.

Easily doable "if" ship arrives on time, ship is cleared without any issues, you self-disembark and have transportation standing by.

Edited by lizardhowson

Easily doable "if" ship arrives on time, ship is cleared without any issues, you self-disembark and have transportation standing by.

And if there are no accidents or incidents on the Beach Line (528). Doesn't happen a lot but...Not many work arounds on that road.

What time did you disembark at Port Canaveral? We are sailing the Magic this summer and want to book a 11:35am flight. Do you think I can make this?

TIA!

Until a couple of years ago, I would have told you it would be no problem. However, on one of our last cruises from Port Canaveral, we were not allowed to disembark until almost 10:00 for two reasons. One was a medical emergency. The other was the port authorities were randomly stopping people. We were told they do that occasionally, and the cruise line has no control over it. On our other cruises, we have been able to leave the ship by 8:00.

Keep in mind too that MCO can have lots of traffic inside depending on the time of year & day of the week because of Disney. In May 2014 on a Sunday flying home from Disney, the line to simply check a bag was actually longer than the queue allowed. It was mayhem! Fortunately we had some time to spare. If we were tight on time I would've fainted. Security was another beast. Even counting JFK during the Delta terminal construction mess in '12 this was the worst mess I'd seen.

In March '15 on a Friday during spring break flying home from a cruise the Delta self-assist kiosks were down. The website was also down so I couldn't access an e-ticket. We weren't checking bags & didn't count on waiting on a line. Let me tell you how fast that line developed. :eek: Again, fortunately not in a rush.

2 weeks ago it was all smooth sailing. No lines, security was a breeze. We had a later flight & did zone debark, but had we gotten off self-assist we would've made an 11:30 easy with time to relax & have a snack. So the moral is if you get off early self-assist & have transportation waiting, most likely, you'll be fine. But there is some risk should the ship be delayed or MCO be a mess.

Edited by Drose716