Diamond Princess

Fish66

The nursing home where my MIL is has several episodes of noro. The home is a small facility with a total of 90 or so residents and every few months there is an outbreak of noro. If you look at that in proportion to the number of passengers on a typical cruiseship, noro probably occurs more often in the nursing home than on one particular ship.

True but apparently that is not news worthy while holiday makers are.:(

Oooh. Cheaper fares maybe.

My mum's nursing home had a gastro lockdown for a week 2 months ago. They did not call it noro.

My niece was hospitalised in Perth with noro - they cant work out where she caught it except maybe from a grocery trolley handle.

Really dislike the media trend of sensationalising everything - even things we took in our stride a few years ago have become major incidents today.

If a surface is infected because someone had it, and you then touch that surface and put your fingers in your mouth or touch your food and then consume it. You may well get ill. The media need to report incidents but the way they do it sometimes really gets my goat :(

(which BTW, has been disinfected):p

Oooh. Cheaper fares maybe.

My mum's nursing home had a gastro lockdown for a week 2 months ago. They did not call it noro.

My niece was hospitalised in Perth with noro - they cant work out where she caught it except maybe from a grocery trolley handle.

Really dislike the media trend of sensationalising everything - even things we took in our stride a few years ago have become major incidents today.

So Correct. "Breaking News" on TV and a beautiful glimmering white cruise ship is much more sensational than suburbia or a nursing home. Poetic licence for journalists.

Don't worry people, next week Getaway will have an unbeatable cruising experience to showcase along with a special discount for the first 50 to book. Bad news is always replaced with a good promo

LOL, You are probably right about that. Cruising in style.:D

I believe she did say in a previous post "you where right". May I respectively say "enough is enough". Cruise Critic is for information sharing and not attitude.:cool:

Attitude? I was polite and got accused of attitude from the get go and you wonder why I have attitude?

Seems some like to think they are sweetness and light but fail to understand cause and effect.

Some elements of the media, reflecting some elements of society. They feed each other.

Attitude? I was polite and got accused of attitude from the get go and you wonder why I have attitude?

Seems some like to think they are sweetness and light but fail to understand cause and effect.

Adi don't take it so personally, you both imparted some valuable info, some times words read sound harsher in ones mind than intended. Not worth the hard feelings.