Oct 27 Infinity to ABC Islands or Nov19 Summit Southern Itinerary

Sandy1975

I have a cruise booked for 10.27 on the infinity, where the main ports are the ABC islands. It is a 10 day cruise and ABC are new to us. I just priced and put on hold another cruise for Thanksgiving on the Summit out of San Juan that has 2 new ports for us St Croix and Martinique. When taking into consideration all perks and extra OBC from TA along with airfare, the extra cost is really just the additional 3 days on the Infinity and additional vacation time (and in fact the 10 day one is cheaper on a per day/per person basis when adding airfare cost).

I am trying to decide whether Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are worth the extra 3 vacation days I would have to take. For those of you that have been to all these ports, how would you say the ABC islands compare to Martinique and St Croix? For what is worth, we prefer beaches and just do a little of walk around town.

Thanks

We're booked on the same cruise. Love the ABC itinerary - especially if you like water sports. Have only been to Martinique and St. Croix once - not even close to ABC. However, sometimes Curacao is extremely windy. Can't advise on vacation days.

Thanks!

I think we are keeping the ABC islands. Aruba and Bonaire are places i always wanted to visit and this is not a very common itinerary. We can do the southern itinerary at another time.

I guess i just wanted some reassurance that it was worth the extra vacay days. I wish i had the same vacay policy as my husband and i would never have to budget for days off! Lol

I have a cruise booked for 10.27 on the infinity, where the main ports are the ABC islands. It is a 10 day cruise and ABC are new to us. I just priced and put on hold another cruise for Thanksgiving on the Summit out of San Juan that has 2 new ports for us St Croix and Martinique. When taking into consideration all perks and extra OBC from TA along with airfare, the extra cost is really just the additional 3 days on the Infinity and additional vacation time (and in fact the 10 day one is cheaper on a per day/per person basis when adding airfare cost).

I am trying to decide whether Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao are worth the extra 3 vacation days I would have to take. For those of you that have been to all these ports, how would you say the ABC islands compare to Martinique and St Croix? For what is worth, we prefer beaches and just do a little of walk around town.

Thanks

It's not often you get Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao on the same itinerary. The Oct 27th itinerary is only 4 ports (Key West included) and has 4 sea days as compared to just 1 sea day on the Thanksgiving itinerary on Summit.

We have been to all of the ports in the Thanksgiving itinerary with the exception of Martinique. We are on the Oct 27th sailing, and in our opinion, there is no comparison. The ABC islands win hands down. There is plenty for you to see in Aruba and Curacao if you like to wander. Bonaire is a little smaller, but has unique characteristics of its own.

You can always do the other islands itinerary in some other fashion...you cannot always do the ABC islands itinerary. If you can swing the 10 days...take the Oct 27th cruise.

Randy

• 4 weeks later...

Be aware that this cruise will be in Key West for Fantasy Fest, the greatest people watching on the planet. Fantasy Fest is full of body painting and nudity. Some may be shocked and it is not kid friendly. If you have children with you, I would get off the ship early, and return early. It gets crazier as the day progresses. For a good idea of the party atmosphere you will be viewing Google Fantasy Fest. I don't judge and I enjoy the parade and carnival atmosphere. A cruise is the cheapest way to attend as room prices in Key West skyrocket during this week.

No hesitation at all: ABC cruise. Bonaire we visit whenever a cruise opportunity presents itself, but we've also visited for dive holidays. Excellent diving and snorkelling. As you like beaches, consider renting a car in Curaçao and drive to some of the beaches. Lots of beach opportunities in Aruba too, with an easy bus ride to some of the best. The bus terminal is just outside the cruise port.

I am keeping the ABC itinerary and seriously considering keeping the Nov cruise out of PR too.

I didn't know about the Fantasy Fest and I am glad we will be able at least see a portion of that. Like you said great people watching and things like that don't bother us at all.

I am keeping the ABC itinerary and seriously considering keeping the Nov cruise out of PR too.

I didn't know about the Fantasy Fest and I am glad we will be able at least see a portion of that. Like you said great people watching and things like that don't bother us at all.

Great choice to at least keep the ABC cruise. Been to all three islands three times now, and would go again!! :) Enjoy your cruise(s).