Serenade of the Seas - 11NT South Caribbean Cruise. Cruise Compasses and Photos

I am on Serenade in March..can't wait and your photos make me even more excited! GREAT JOB! I have a couple of questions. First, I admit I didn't read many comments, so if you have already answered these, I apologize.

First, do you know anything about the Champagne Brunch on day 10? Seems like it'd be nice, but is it worth $30?

Second, you stated you used your BOGO on day 1 and 2 for Specialty Dining. Then you used a package? Which package did you get and how did that work? Did you dine night 1 and 2 then buy the package, or did you buy the package and before and just told them not to use it? Thanks. We did that itinerary last year on Legend and it was one of my favorite cruises EVER. We are doing the 10 night in March as it goes to islands we have never been to before. Hope to do B2B in a year or so after I retire and hit all the islands. :)

Thank You Thank You.

I didn't do the champagne brunch on this cruise but have done it (can't remember which ship at the moment) I remember it being pretty good. for $30 you can't beat it.

I purchased the 5 night package as soon as I boarded (they're standing right there when you board so you pretty have no choice lol). I used my bogo on nights 1 and 2 and then on night 3 I starting using my "package nights" but I did book at the beginning and they knew I would be using my bogos the first 2 nights.

Cruiserboy, thanks for taking the time to do all this posting. Beautiful photos.

I was reading the dailies and did not see any listings for movies at the outdoor screen. I thought I read that Serenade installed one during the last drydock.

I saw evening movies listed for the Cinema, Deck 5, and Theatre, Deck 6.

Did I miss the listings, or do they not have the outdoor movie screen?

Thanks in advance

Cruiserboy, thanks for taking the time to do all this posting. Beautiful photos.

I was reading the dailies and did not see any listings for movies at the outdoor screen. I thought I read that Serenade installed one during the last drydock.

I saw evening movies listed for the Cinema, Deck 5, and Theatre, Deck 6.

Did I miss the listings, or do they not have the outdoor movie screen?

Thanks in advance

You're welcome.

Yes, Serenade does have the outdoor screen up on the pool deck and they did host a few movies nights but the majority of them were done in the deck 6 theater.

Did I miss them? Did you post the dinner menus? I'd love to see what's on the menus before I sail! Totally enjoying reading the Cruise Compasses you shared!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No I didn't get photos of the dinner menus sorry. I don't usually eat in the MDR. I'll try and remember dinner menus for the next cruise. lol :D

Thank you for all the pics and Compass uploads. We are considering this cruise in 2017. I've only been on 7-8 day cruises, but curious what the average age of passengers is on these longer itineraries. Is it similar to other Caribbean cruises with a wide range of ages including families with kids and older folks? Looking for a good mix. :)

Thank you for all the pics and Compass uploads. We are considering this cruise in 2017. I've only been on 7-8 day cruises, but curious what the average age of passengers is on these longer itineraries. Is it similar to other Caribbean cruises with a wide range of ages including families with kids and older folks? Looking for a good mix. :)

it was definitely an older crowd. mostly seasoned cruisers. There were a few families with young children on board but they were few.

Thank You Thank You.

I didn't do the champagne brunch on this cruise but have done it (can't remember which ship at the moment) I remember it being pretty good. for $30 you can't beat it.

I purchased the 5 night package as soon as I boarded (they're standing right there when you board so you pretty have no choice lol). I used my bogo on nights 1 and 2 and then on night 3 I starting using my "package nights" but I did book at the beginning and they knew I would be using my bogos the first 2 nights.

Thanks. Appreciate the info. Sounds like a pretty good plan on the Specialty Dining. Might try the brunch too. :)

We got 4 or 5 bottles in our cabin on our 11-day on Serenade - we are Diamond.

I got 4

We did a B2B and are D+, we got 7 bottles on the first leg and only 4 on the second leg...go figure?:confused::confused:

BILL

I enjoyed your photo review Erik! And truly enjoyed meeting you and all the rest of the CC members onboard Serenade during this cruise. In fact... I'm having a bit of withdrawal from all the fun we had!

While we only attended one tour with you (St. Lucia), it was evident that it was your organized tours that created the comeraderie between most of the CC roll call members onboard and I wanted to especially thank you for that. Great job Erik!

Tracey & Ron

PS - I think you should choose our reunion sailing for 2018 :) Deal??

I enjoyed your photo review Erik! And truly enjoyed meeting you and all the rest of the CC members onboard Serenade during this cruise. In fact... I'm having a bit of withdrawal from all the fun we had!

While we only attended one tour with you (St. Lucia), it was evident that it was your organized tours that created the comeraderie between most of the CC roll call members onboard and I wanted to especially thank you for that. Great job Erik!

Tracey & Ron

PS - I think you should choose our reunion sailing for 2018 :) Deal??

Thank You Tracey & Ron.

It was wonderful meeting you too.

so far I've got Celebrity Constellation out of Abu Dhabi on the books for 2018 ;)

That would make for a great reunion cruise :D

Hi all!

CRUISEBOY305 ~ thanks so much for all the info & beautiful pictures.:D You're getting me so excited for my cruise on the lovely Serenade in April.

I'm curious as to what the pink ground is in a picture from Aruba, I think it was please.

Thanks again.

~ Jo ~ :)

On the Navigator, we got 8 free bottles of water in our cabin (D+) Do they have this on the Serenade?

On Navigator last Sept., we got six bottles of water & we are only Platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app