Just boarded the Triumph - any questions?

ejchron

They out the sticker on your Sail n sign card at check in

I have been on this ship 2 times... One time they put the sticker on at check in the other time we just had to go to any bar and get the sticker... Remember, going out of Texas, the drink package cant be used until the 2 nd day. You have to be out of Texas water.

We embarked 2/13 ... the bartender added our sticker when we went for our first drink 2/14

Jana how is the formal night? I heard no one dressed up much on the cruise from last week. Seems like something should be done with the food not bring that great. My friends went last week and they said it was nut that great. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. The formal night menu is not so great but alot of people still dress up.

Fleet wide Carnival has eliminated lobster for cruises 5 nights or less. You were on the Triumph and it's routine is 4-5 night cruises.

For $20 you and fellow cruisers on all Carnival ships can have a bigger lobster than the small one served prior.

Nope. I saw the lobster on the plate of a person at my table and it was as small as any that carnival served free. NOT larger!

A girl at my table ordered both the prime rib AND the up charged lobster.

Nope. I saw the lobster on the plate of a person at my table and it was as small as any that carnival served free. NOT larger!

A girl at my table ordered both the prime rib AND the up charged lobster.

I guess you are right, I mean, I've only had two of them this year on our 25th and 26th Carnival cruise. What would I know...

Edited by BallFour4

I guess you are right, I mean, I've only had two of them this year on our 25th and 26th Carnival cruise. What would I know...

And I only saw the upcharged lobster sitting on the person's plate this week! So what would I know??? Really??? I just spent 14 days aboard Carnival Triumph. I just left the boat yesterday! I hope it was just an unusually small lobster offered but if I were that girl I would have been very unhappy with what was offered to me for the price.

Edited by Jana60

Does anyone know which day the platinum party is?

Just finished a back to back to back this past weekend on triumph. For the first five day they had the party on Cozumel night but on the second 5 day the party was on the last sea day. So it is not always the same day in the cruise.

What exactly is the platinum party? We are on a 4 day out of NOLA in June. Do you think they will still have it?

Thanks.

The platinum diamond party is a party which requires invitation. It is for only passengers of platinum or diamond status. They have hors d'oeuvres and free drinks. But this party only takes place on cruises of 5 days or longer.

Edited by Jana60

Happy to answer if I can.

I have a question!!!! Do you know what day is the "Elegant night? Are you on the 5 day cruise? I have a group of 106 people on April 16th going and it will really help to know what day that is. I would be so grateful.

Have a great time. I am jealous!!!

When you first board the ship, which deck and which side are you on?

You board on Deck 3. The side depends on the wind and tide when the ship came in that morning. Most days you are entering on the starboard side, but with a low tide and/or strong winds they often dock on the port side.

The ship spins upstream a little to point the bow out of Galveston harbor.

Edited by BallFour4

You board on Deck 3. The side depends on the wind and tide when the ship came in that morning. Most days you are entering on the starboard side, but with a low tide and/or strong winds they often dock on the port side.

The ship spins upstream a little to point the bow out of Galveston harbor.

It will be in NOLA before I board on deck 3! ;)