Live on the Liberty

djh

Hi Karen,

I installed the Periscope app on my phone and have been watching your reports from today. I noticed you were in the main dining room and there were people eating in there. I thought the MDR isn't open on day 1.

Thanks,

Nancy

Just returned from the 2/14 sailing. The terminal process was smooth and we did self-carry off of the ship and it took less than 20 minutes from ship to clearing customs. We were on the Liberty in May and the new additions to the ship are great. The racing slides are a lot of fun with minimal lines. Tidal Wave is supposedly still being tested by the manufacturer - I did not see it running the entire time. They hired 5 additional sports deck staff to man the slides (and adventure ocean staff now take some shifts at the splash park slides). The new kids' splash park is much more fun and interactive. The mini golf is really cute. There were fewer open ice skating sessions. We no longer needed tickets for the ice show. They had 4 shows and you went according to muster stations (but there is a standby line if you wanted to attend a different time/day). The 3D projector is still under maintenance so the only movies shown were poolside. They are still working out some details and some staff were being newly trained, but it was a fabulous cruise.

Great to hear some positive FB on the slides, self-carry and staff...glad you had a nice cruise!

Hey becciboo, I was trying to find out why your screen name sounded so familiar. We cruised on the mariner together 3 years ago this April. Looks like we are both sailing out of Galveston again this April. What date do you sail.

3b2bcad6d8d239e15a78909c4e6ac019.jpgd485822f7d6c1953b27a4241e25a9ee2.jpg593a73a30ace6288cb0dc82c7a855f40.jpg

Hey Karen been following your periscopes thanks! Ok your slides one you show the racing ones is the other Tidal Wave still being worked on?

Hi Karen,

I installed the Periscope app on my phone and have been watching your reports from today. I noticed you were in the main dining room and there were people eating in there. I thought the MDR isn't open on day 1.

Thanks,

Nancy

I believe she said it was the B2B group eating in the MDR.

Hi Karen,

Thanks,

Nancy

The MDR isn't open for lunch on Day 1. However they have lunch for cruisers doing a B2B cruise, if there are more than 25. Lucky people you saw were also on the ship last week. Next week Karen and Bill will be at the consecutive cruiser lunch[emoji1]

Someone who just got off indicated that it could be a couple months before it's ready. :mad:

Well we are both on the last weekend of April so we might just be the first lol. If it's not working then so be it, glad other slides are working at least and flow rider I'll have plenty of stuff to do

Just returned from the 2/14 sailing. The terminal process was smooth and we did self-carry off of the ship and it took less than 20 minutes from ship to clearing customs. We were on the Liberty in May and the new additions to the ship are great. The racing slides are a lot of fun with minimal lines. Tidal Wave is supposedly still being tested by the manufacturer - I did not see it running the entire time. They hired 5 additional sports deck staff to man the slides (and adventure ocean staff now take some shifts at the splash park slides). The new kids' splash park is much more fun and interactive. The mini golf is really cute. There were fewer open ice skating sessions. We no longer needed tickets for the ice show. They had 4 shows and you went according to muster stations (but there is a standby line if you wanted to attend a different time/day). The 3D projector is still under maintenance so the only movies shown were poolside. They are still working out some details and some staff were being newly trained, but it was a fabulous cruise.

Tidal Wave? Did you mean Boomerango? I hadn't heard that Tidal Wave ever closed.

• 2 months later...
Well we are both on the last weekend of April so we might just be the first lol. If it's not working then so be it, glad other slides are working at least and flow rider I'll have plenty of stuff to do

We're sailing on LOS on 4/30/17 - come join the Roll Call!! :D