To book on cruise or off?

pumpkin228

My fiancé and I will be taking our honeymoon next January and I already have a cruise certificate for deposit. Should I go ahead and book now or wait until I'm onboard the gem in April? Is this a price difference in other words? Will it save me anything to book onboard??

The more cruise deposits you purchase the better. They give you an onboard credit for the current cruise. On the Star in April I purchased one for $250 and got $150 back in an onboard credit! I was spending it up that day onboard! They did that for every $250 you purchased and you could purchase up to 4. It is a great deal!

Does the extra benefit of booking on board only count if you buy the FCC at the same time? If so, book now.

By April the cost may have gone up negating any savings. Also if there are "offers" now they may have disappeared by the time you want to book in April.

Also you could cancel and rebook if it is more advantageous when on board. Think it through and then talk to the FCC person on board.

If your present cruise was booked with a PCC in NCL talk it through with that person first.

Mike

The more cruise deposits you purchase the better. They give you an onboard credit for the current cruise. On the Star in April I purchased one for $250 and got $150 back in an onboard credit! I was spending it up that day onboard!

The OBC for purchasing only one certificate is $100, you get $125 each of you purchase more than one - never $150.

Also you did exactly what the marketing people want you to do and why the whole gimmick exists - instead of getting the certificate for $150 and saving $100 off your next cruise, you spent all your savings for extra purchases onboard and increased the bottom line of the cruise line.

The certificate deal is great only if you are not fooled to think that you have any extra money to spend. (Having smaller deposit is fine too, but does not make it great.)

Edited by Demonyte

Exactly what Demonyte said. I bought 6 cerificates for a total of $1500. NCL billed me for $750. I will now use that $1500 on deposits for my next cruise. I have 4 years to use them. It was confusing to me at first. I thought you could only buy 4 , but I bought 6. I believe you can only use 4 of the certificates per person on your deposit for your next cruise. It really seems to be a great deal if you use it wisely.

It was confusing to me at first. I thought you could only buy 4 , but I bought 6. I believe you can only use 4 of the certificates per person on your deposit for your next cruise. It really seems to be a great deal if you use it wisely.

Sorry to say but you are confused still. :D

You can purchase maximum of four certificates per person, if you have more than one passenger in your cabin then you can purchase up to four certificates for each person and those will be assigned to their Latitudes account.

But unless there is a special promo like the one they currently have (you can use two certificates if you book and sail in April 2016 latest), you can only use one certificate per reservation (ie. cabin), not multiple certificates per person.

All this is explained on NCL's site and T&C of CruiseNext program:

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms

Edited by Demonyte

Exactly what Demonyte said. I bought 6 cerificates for a total of $1500. NCL billed me for $750. I will now use that $1500 on deposits for my next cruise. I have 4 years to use them. It was confusing to me at first. I thought you could only buy 4 , but I bought 6. I believe you can only use 4 of the certificates per person on your deposit for your next cruise. It really seems to be a great deal if you use it wisely.

I think it's one certificate per cabin, not per person.

The more cruise deposits you purchase the better. They give you an onboard credit for the current cruise. On the Star in April I purchased one for $250 and got $150 back in an onboard credit! I was spending it up that day onboard! They did that for every $250 you purchased and you could purchase up to 4. It is a great deal!

You didn't get an obc by any means....you just paid $100 for your FCC

But if you spent it up...you just spent extra and Ncl likes that

Fwiw I doubt you got $150 off anyway...it's usually $125 max

Edited by luvtheships