Check your Celebrity invoice !

lovescarborough

We made a future cruise booking whilst onboard two weeks ago and it was transferred to our TA. Future cruise rep gave us an invoice and our TA emailed us the same. Today our TA emailed a further invoice from Celebrity showing an increased price of £280! On checking this I discovered a mysterious amount of £140 each added under the promo code YFD5-GOBET CHG14N. Our TA queried this with Celebrity and the answer was that it was 'something that kept being added to invoices incorrectly'. They have now corrected this so make sure you check. By the way, just out of curiosity, does anyone know what this code means?

Lots of discussion about checking your invoice on every cruise board. They put one under your door on the last night. Go over it and verify it is correct just as you should when you purchase anything else. Issues with the mini-bar and promotional credits are common especially if you book originally with a TA as the TA seem to have issues worldwide in inputting the correct info to Celebrity. Celebrity also has billing issues with promos and thus why peope need to take all their documentation on board and CHECK to see all is correct.

The code has to do with the Go Best promo offered by Celebrity.

We made a future cruise booking whilst onboard two weeks ago and it was transferred to our TA. Future cruise rep gave us an invoice and our TA emailed us the same. Today our TA emailed a further invoice from Celebrity showing an increased price of £280! On checking this I discovered a mysterious amount of £140 each added under the promo code YFD5-GOBET CHG14N. Our TA queried this with Celebrity and the answer was that it was 'something that kept being added to invoices incorrectly'. They have now corrected this so make sure you check. By the way, just out of curiosity, does anyone know what this code means?

I was told that it's for the second perk and it should be zeroed out (no cost) when the TA gets the reservation. Ana, who helped us on the Reflection, assured us that our TA knew to do this and there would be no problem. I haven't received my TA confirmation yet, but we only booked on the 5th. I will be sure to check it over. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by irishgal1970
used wrong word...

Same thing happened on my future cruises I booked when onboard the Reflection several weeks ago. They explained it was to add the second perk that was only applicable to onboard booking. They have to include that price then it is removed by corporate and we were informed our fee had been removed from the booking before we even left the ship.

Unfortunately, 2 weeks later I called Celebrity to change one of the cruises to a different one and wanted to keep the onboard perks, which shouldn't be a problem. For some reason the girl I spoke to added that fee back when she booked the new cruise. I didn't realize it until I received the new confirmation and have made numerous calls to Celebrity to try to get it removed. They keep telling me the codes haven't been loaded yet (whatever that means) and it will be removed at some point, they just can't tell me when.

So, initially it wasn't a problem getting that fee removed, now it's just plain frustrating. Always be sure to check your invoices!

• 2 years later...

This is an ongoing problem. I booked on board then changed the booking, this went with no hitch but then all of a sudden I received an invoice with the "YFD5-Go Better Charge" of £140 per person added. I questioned this to be told that it should be zeroed out which they did. 

A day or so later I received another invoice and you've guessed it, the YFD5-Go Better Charge was back. Another call and it was removed. This cycle goes on.

The other day version 9 of my invoice has arrived and it is back!

As others have said, it seems easy enough to get it removed but it is just frustrating I seem to have to do this at least twice a week.

Edited by MX-Drew