Port Canaveral Rental Car Changes

alwalaska

I just got off the phone with Alamo and thought I would share with everyone else on CC.

I made my reservations online and did not realize that the Enterprise, Alamo, and National (I am pretty sure it is National too) rental agencies have moved to 710 Mullet Rd, Cape Canaveral 32920, right by the cruise port. I would have gone to to wrong location if I hadn't seen a recent review saying that they recently moved. Google maps still has the old addresses.

It is great to have them so close. Hopefully it will lower the wait time since they don't have to drive as far.

I just got off the phone with Alamo and thought I would share with everyone else on CC.

I made my reservations online and did not realize that the Enterprise, Alamo, and National (I am pretty sure it is National too) rental agencies have moved to 710 Mullet Rd, Cape Canaveral 32920, right by the cruise port. I would have gone to to wrong location if I hadn't seen a recent review saying that they recently moved. Google maps still has the old addresses.

It is great to have them so close. Hopefully it will lower the wait time since they don't have to drive as far.

Thanks for the update.

Interesting location, didn't notice it when I drove by on Sunday morning. Definitely close to Royal and Norwegian. At one point they talked about having a location in Terminal 1.

It was probably a lot less expensive to rent or buy space outside of the terminal, but definitely super close to Norwegian which is who we are sailing this time. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find.

It was probably a lot less expensive to rent or buy space outside of the terminal, but definitely super close to Norwegian which is who we are sailing this time. Hopefully it won't be too hard to find.

Across the street from the tower. Look to your left as you approach from George King

Across the street from the tower. Look to your left as you approach from George King

Thanks! We plan on doing the tower on either Thursday or Friday while we are there, so we should be able to check it out ahead of time.

Off topic warning - since you are a local, we want to go watch some ships sail-away on Friday afternoon. Will we need reservations at Fish Lips or one of the other waterfront places?

Is there one that you recommend over the others? Hubby doesn't eat seafood, so they have to have some good land lover items like steak or chicken on the menu too.

Thanks for the info!

I'm hoping Captain BJ will create us an updated map.

references to the old link should now come up as

PCcarrentals_zps2e118088.jpg

(changed a while back) ... a new clean map will eventually appear but for now people are using the old link so I am limited in how I can update

references to the old link should now come up as

(changed a while back) ... a new clean map will eventually appear but for now people are using the old link so I am limited in how I can update

Thanks!:)

Thanks Capt BJ.

Sorry, I'm taking my own thread off topic again ...

I was creeping through photos and saw the updated toll photo.

I really appreciate the info. Do all of the Orlando, Disney, and 528 toll locations still take cash payments? We got burned by one down south that ONLY took toll passes.

Also, I like to make sure that I have the right amount of cash on hand. Are both of the toll dots on 528 north and northwest of the airport now $2.00 each? We are going from the airport to the Lake Buena Vista area for one night, and then out to Canaveral.

Again, thanks for all of your great FL info.

Thanks Capt BJ.

Sorry, I'm taking my own thread off topic again ...

I was creeping through photos and saw the updated toll photo.

I really appreciate the info. Do all of the Orlando, Disney, and 528 toll locations still take cash payments? We got burned by one down south that ONLY took toll passes.

Also, I like to make sure that I have the right amount of cash on hand. Are both of the toll dots on 528 north and northwest of the airport now $2.00 each? We are going from the airport to the Lake Buena Vista area for one night, and then out to Canaveral.

Again, thanks for all of your great FL info.

Both booths are $1

Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars so people that live slightly east of the original booth can save a dollar going home. Gotta love it

Just looked it up. It cost 22 million to create toll equity. :rolleyes:

Edited by John&LaLa

528 east to the port is unchanged

528 west to I-4 got messy

if you stay on 528 to I-4 you will see one toll plaza as mentioned on my updated map. If you exit between the airport and I-4 things get new and interesting. There are tolls on the ramps and these are electronic or exact change only!!!! I did not even try to reflect this in my map. This will only concern you if exiting 528 between I-4 and the airport; to visit Florida Mall for example

Does the Alamo / Enterprise / national location have a shuttle to the port? Does anybody know if Dollar on North Atlantic Ave have a shuttle?

All of the locations on Capt BJ's map have shuttles:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49098960&postcount=11

Edited by clarea

How far away is the Alamo location now from Royal's terminal? Just wondering if my husband dropped me and the luggage off at the pier, is it a reasonable walking distance?

Not walkable. This new location for Enterprise/Alamo could be. There is a port shuttle that might be useful. Not sure when they operate though. But it wouldn't go to Alamo.

Not walkable. This new location for Enterprise/Alamo could be. There is a port shuttle that might be useful. Not sure when they operate though. But it wouldn't go to Alamo.[/quote

I guess I wasn't clear (sometimes I talk in riddles:) ) Mike would drop me and our luggage off at RCCL and then return the rental car to Alamo. It looked close enough to walk back to the pier, but sometimes maps are deceiving. BTW John, we are on the 3/6 sailing on the Freedom with you :)

Not walkable. This new location for Enterprise/Alamo could be. There is a port shuttle that might be useful. Not sure when they operate though. But it wouldn't go to Alamo.[/quote

I guess I wasn't clear (sometimes I talk in riddles:) ) Mike would drop me and our luggage off at RCCL and then return the rental car to Alamo. It looked close enough to walk back to the pier, but sometimes maps are deceiving. BTW John, we are on the 3/6 sailing on the Freedom with you :)

Looking forward to it. Laura's birthday cruise. Freedom is a fun ship. Are you on the roll call?

Edited by John&LaLa