Glow Party on NCL Getaway

atlcruisin

This will be our first cruise on NCL. We will be sailing on the Getaway on May 22, 2016. Can someone clue me in on the "Glow" party? What is it all about? Also, where do we get the glowing sticks from? What is the cost of those sticks?

Thanks a bunch!!

sure thing..to begin with...the glow party used to be called the White Hot Party where it was customary to wear white...but now, the new trend is the glow party..usually it might be held on the spice h20 section on the modern ships or the spinaker lounge on others...they have a number of neon glow like

'sticks' or such other items for free that they hand out randomly...and with the light turned low or in the night, this neon lit evening out makes for quite a a party when they usually have modern pop or house techno music playing and everyone starts to dance or not...hope this helps

Hi - I recommend going to a party store or a dollar store and picking up your own glow sticks/stuff. We had glow eye glasses, necklaces, etc. They didn't start giving out the freebies until late and the place was packed so plenty of people didn't get anything. People kept trying to buy our stuff. :)

This will be our first cruise on NCL. We will be sailing on the Getaway on May 22, 2016. Can someone clue me in on the "Glow" party? What is it all about? Also, where do we get the glowing sticks from? What is the cost of those sticks?

Thanks a bunch!!

Our local Wal-Mart has been carrying a lot of inexpensive day-glo t shirts. We bought neon yellow that really "popped" under the black lights!!!

The Glow party is in H20 unless the weather is bad. Dancing in H20 is moved to the Tropicana Dining Room if the weather is bad. I imagine they would cancel the Glow Party because the "dancing" is hopping and jumping and I doubt they would want that in the MDR. The Glow party is fun if you like to listen to techno music. The White Hot Party had more of a performance atmosphere to it which was fun to watch.