What am I doing wrong? Early Saver/Price Protecter

lillalo

Hi everyone, I hope someone out there can help me. I bought my first Cruisetrip in december with Early Saver/Price Protecter. About 3-4 weeks ago I saw that he price went down so I filld in the form on Carnival´s homepage - I didn´t get any answer at all. So for 1 and a half week ago Another price came up so I sent another firm - no answer this time as well. 3 Days ago I sent in an last time, begging to respond me what so ever, but I heard nothing. I have checked in "manage my booking" but nothing changed there. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Sombody else with this problem?

Is the problem that I haven´t payed all the trip yet? Just about half the money... Thank you very much!

I never could get a response on the form. I called and the rep took care of it each time. One thing to keep in mind though...if you had a reduced deposit, you may have to pay the difference between it and the full deposit amount to get the adjustment.

If you received no response at all (granted or denied) then sounds like a glitch in the system and you should call whoever you booked with (if you booked with a TA the TA has to submit the request), or if you booked direct with Carnival, your Carnival PVP or the Carnival 800 number.

It can be handy to have a screenshot or at worst a printout of the reduced fare.

Make sure you're comparing fares for the exact same Cabin Categories (e.g., 4B to 4B).

Make sure you're factoring OBC into your calculation.

As mentioned, if you booked a reduced deposit and the new fare is not reduced deposit, you first have to pay the full deposit to get price match.

If the "Govt Fees & Taxes" have increased since you booked, and you request a price match, Carnival will charge you the higher "Govt Fees & Taxes.

Ken

Edited by Ken076

Thank you for all answers! From what I can se I think I have to make them a call, the only thing is that i really dont like to talk in english in telephone, it makes me really nervious. There is no posibility to send them an email no? I would rather prifier that....

Would there be any problem that the rate is no longer avalible? I have screenshots of the price and roomnumber.

Did you book with Carnival or a TA - call the one you booked with.

When you call, ask them to be transferred to someone fluent in your language - that should not be a problem.

They're not great on e-mail communication and responding for these issues. Hold on to those screen shots. If the sale is expired you may have a problem getting the price drop - explain that you tried but no responses granting (or denying).

Make sure you're actually eligible for the price drop, based on comments several posts above.

Keep us posted on your success?

Ken

Thanks Ken for your advices :). I did't call but I found a way to send message and I'm now waiting their respond. I had taken a screenshot of the price but it hit me that maby The cabin has to be on the same deck? It's The same cathegory but one deck lower - will this give me problem?

Have a wondeful Day!

Ok I have a question. We originally booked a cruise ES no OBC or reduced deposit. We found a lower price per fareviwer a few months ago and we now have OBC. Our cruise is paid off and we don't cruise till October. If we find a lower rate can we get more OBC without losing what we have now? And is the only way that carnival will honor price differences is through Fare viewer or is there another place we should be looking?

Thanks Ken for your advices :). I did't call but I found a way to send message and I'm now waiting their respond. I had taken a screenshot of the price but it hit me that maby The cabin has to be on the same deck? It's The same cathegory but one deck lower - will this give me problem?

Have a wondeful Day!

You're OK as long as the rate you're matching is the same Category (like 4A to 4A) - a Category can extend across two decks.

I'd still be leery about relying on relying on a message versus a phone conversation!

Ken

Ok I have a question. We originally booked a cruise ES no OBC or reduced deposit. We found a lower price per fareviwer a few months ago and we now have OBC. Our cruise is paid off and we don't cruise till October. If we find a lower rate can we get more OBC without losing what we have now? And is the only way that carnival will honor price differences is through Fare viewer or is there another place we should be looking?

You have to factor in OBC when price-matching.

Many (like myself) just do a periodic "mock booking" (all the way to selecting a cabin) to determine the current fare(s).

Ken

You have to factor in OBC when price-matching.

Many (like myself) just do a periodic "mock booking" (all the way to selecting a cabin) to determine the current fare(s).

Ken

But if the cruise is paid off and I'm getting a lower price why would I lose my OBC. Because the last cruise I went on I kept getting credits. They didn't take away my OBC either they just added to it

But if the cruise is paid off and I'm getting a lower price why would I lose my OBC. Because the last cruise I went on I kept getting credits. They didn't take away my OBC either they just added to it

Did you get OBC due to being paid off and you got a price drop or was the OBC due to the promotion you booked?

Have a wondeful Day!

You can try this email address. Explain in your email that you'd like someone to call you back in whatever language you want to speak in. Keep in mind the longer you wait, the better the chance the price will change again.

cclsupport@carnival.com

Good luck.

You would not lose OBC if it is related to an earlier price drop. If you got onboard credit as a booking promotion, you could lose that if you try to get a price drop. Usually with ES you get OBC after date of final payment being due, or a price adjustment if final payment date has not yet passed, when applying for a price drop.

Are you using the correct form?

I have done it 5 times and gotten an answer back within one hour. Even if they can't match the price for some reason, you will get a rejected email from them. I'm using this form:

http://www.carnival.com/core/requestforms/PriceProtection

Check if it's the same - it should work :)

I don't call them either. Not because I don't like to speak English on the phone, but it's quite expensive with those international calls...

Edited by DanishJourney