Adventure of the Seas questions

I know to take reviews with a grain of salt but the almost constant thing I have been reading is the that the Adventure is really showing her age.

Is this true or are a lot of people expecting the ship to look brand new?

Also I see that she is due for drydock this year. Most say in the fall, some say in the spring.

Anybody know for a fact if and when she is due for drydock?

Bill

HI!

We just got off this past Saturday. We were told that October/November she is scheduled for dry dock for at least 6 weeks. From what they were saying, new restuarant on deck 4, possibly Izumi replacing the card room on deck 14, water slide at the pool deck, and the addition of the flow rider! Of course, all new updated staterooms with new bedding.

With this in mind, she is in great shape right now! Yes, the rooms are dated, but we were very comfortable. Flat screen tv was in the room. To be honest, the rooms were really the only place we felt that she needed a little sprucing up! If you are Diamond, the lounge was fantastic!! Very modern and comfortable. Service was great! Food was good in the MDR. ( and I am very picky)

I say book her! :)

Ali

Adventure's dry dock is scheduled to start mid-October 2016.

Take a look at this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315083

Thanks Bob, I will check it out! :)

HI!

We just got off this past Saturday. We were told that October/November she is scheduled for dry dock for at least 6 weeks. From what they were saying, new restuarant on deck 4, possibly Izumi replacing the card room on deck 14, water slide at the pool deck, and the addition of the flow rider! Of course, all new updated staterooms with new bedding.

With this in mind, she is in great shape right now! Yes, the rooms are dated, but we were very comfortable. Flat screen tv was in the room. To be honest, the rooms were really the only place we felt that she needed a little sprucing up! If you are Diamond, the lounge was fantastic!! Very modern and comfortable. Service was great! Food was good in the MDR. ( and I am very picky)

I say book her! :)

Ali

Thank you Ali,

Not in the room much so that wouldn't bother me. We aren't thinking about going until April 2017 so the updates would be done.:)

Bill

We were on her last year and the same complaints were going around then. I read them with interest at the time and then when we got on the ship I saw no issues. Like the pp said....the staterooms could use an update, but it was nothing major and nothing that warranted a typed complaint.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

Personally, I find the Adventure to be my favorite ship having cruised her 7x in 2015, will be on her for 6 cruises this March & April 2016 and have her booked for six 7 day cruises in 2017 followed by a 10 day cruise starting in Feb. 2017.

Love the southern Caribbean with 6 port days on a 7 day cruise - the best itinerary for me in the Caribbean.

If you're a foodie, currently the only specialty restaurant is Giovanni's, but there are plans to add Izumi on deck 14 where the card rooms are, Sabor on deck 5 when the nightclub is removed and possibly a Chops Grille in the front of the WJ - opposite Giovanni's.

However, with RCL when changes happen that is the time to believe them.

Cruising is as fun as you want to make it and there are a lot of other folks on the ship who paid good money to have a good time, so if all else fails, hang with the group that is having a good time.

have they been adding the fountain fun machines to the newly refurbished ships?

Does Navigator have one and will Adventure be getting them?

Bill

If you are referring to Freestyle Coke machines, neither Navigator nor Adventure have them. Royal has not publicly announced any plans for the machines on Adventure.

If you are referring to Freestyle Coke machines, neither Navigator nor Adventure have them. Royal has not publicly announced any plans for the machines on Adventure.

Bob,

Yes that is what i meant, sorry.

Does RCI have any caffeine free soda onboard? If not do they let you bring a 12 pack of soda onboard?

Thanks

Bill

Bob,

Yes that is what i meant, sorry.

Does RCI have any caffeine free soda onboard? If not do they let you bring a 12 pack of soda onboard?

Thanks

Bill

Royal has both Sprite and Ginger Ale in the fountain machines.

They also normally allow you to bring on cans of soda.

Despite other comments I will add to the chorus that we had a great time on her in July. Sure I have stayed in some swanky hotels but on a cruise I have sun and fresh sea air and the wonderful ocean - not looking for the faults. Hate to hear the card room is moving as we spent time there each day and it was so calming.

Personally, I find the Adventure to be my favorite ship having cruised her 7x in 2015, will be on her for 6 cruises this March & April 2016 and have her booked for six 7 day cruises in 2017 followed by a 10 day cruise starting in Feb. 2017.

I just wanna know what mattpro does for work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Adventure a few years ago and did notice a few things that needed some updating, but really nothing that compromised our enjoyment of the trip or certainly our perception of safety and health. I had heard some rumors-mostly complaints about "new beds", but bed complaints too are relative (unless one is sleeping on the concrete box springs of Mexico). Any I too would like to know know what mattpro does does for work-also what do all those people purchasing second or third homes do??????

We were on AOS last month with our group representing 5 year olds to 60+

We love the big ships like Allure and Oasis but Adventure was in great shape. Never experienced anything that needed sprucing in our travels.

We interacted with folks that were doing B2B and they said repeated similar positive words.

Enjoy the cruise

I know to take reviews with a grain of salt but the almost constant thing I have been reading is the that the Adventure is really showing her age.

Is this true or are a lot of people expecting the ship to look brand new?

Also I see that she is due for drydock this year. Most say in the fall, some say in the spring.

Anybody know for a fact if and when she is due for drydock?

Bill

We sailed on her last March. That was the second time we were on her. She is a great ship and it's a fun cruise. I did not see any areas that were run down. Yes the décor in the state rooms was a little warn but nothing worse than any other motel room or stateroom. I would sail on her any time plus leaving out of San Juan makes it faster to the sun.