All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Laurie, I love those first two dresses. The last one I can see how the red might not be quite right. Two weeks! Lucky you!

Melody, I am really happy the Nordstrom Rack is not closer to me. I would be in there all the time. :)

It's that time when I clean off my desk and find all the fashion photos I've pulled out of magazines. So, I will inflict them on you all while we're waiting for some fab cruise photos from Laurie.

I'm going to start with this. I recently read Gary Shteyngart's latest novel "Super Sad True Love Story," which is a near future dystopian NYC story. The hottest fashion trend for girls is Onionskin jeans which they wear commando. Yep.

Imagine my face when I saw this in Vogue:

Lowe.jpg

Here are some cute jackets.

These kind of jackets are in all the magazines this spring, so I suspect I will see a lot of them on the street come fall. Vuitton:

VuittonBV.jpg

Bottega Veneta:

BottegaVeneta.jpg

This is my fave. Theory:

Theory.jpg

Coach:

Coach01.jpg

This super lightweight suede is gorgeous. Calvin Klein:

CalvinKlein.jpg

Laurie, I love when you add hyperlinks to earth outfits....I am still learning! Love it! Have a great cruise! How exciting!

Melody, Love your Hawaii pictures! We stumbled upon From Here to Eternity Beach and had a riot body surfing there. Glad your reaction didn't interrupt your trip too much.

We were supposed to be on the NCL Escape tonight going out of Miami. I started having a pain in my side Wednesday night that I thought was a muscle spasm. When the pain kept getting worse, we went to the ED and they diagnosed me with multiple small Pulmonary Emboli. I spent two nights in the hospital and am now on oral anticoagulants so my body will reabsorb the clots. It was really sad to miss the cruise (and the $3500 spent on the Haven; could not insure the trip so we knew we were taking a chance but I was doing so well..) but do not even want to think what could have happened if the emboli dislodged while flying to Florida. Just glad to be alive and know the Good Lord has me in his hands. At least the weather has finally become nice in MI so I can see some sun this week!

Enjoy your weekend

Lauri

Ah Lauri, so sorry you didn't get your cruise [emoji22]. Emboli are nothing to mess with. You are fortunate to have caught it in time

Our younger daughter tore her plantar fascia & they put her in a hard cast. She complained of calf pain (thinking it was cramping). We insisted she call doc, yup, 3 clots. She was very lucky

My allergic reaction just took out 2 days on Maui, I'll get back there. Loved FTE beach! Melody

That's s super thought Sally. We were delayed 5 hrs coming home from our cruise & had to rent a car to get home. Trip insurance only paid $50, but our credit card paid trip interruption of $250. I was pretty pleased (other than driving home at 3 am.

Check it out Lauri!

Melody , We have the same Vera Bradley carry on . I have decided to get some packing cubes for it . What size do you recommend ? Thanks !

Sally, I love my VB bag, but discovered I could put WAY too much in it (got really heavy). I used two Eagle Creek slim cubes (all the electronic cords & camera "stuff") & 1 small (lingerie & bathing suit) & 1 medium (2 days worth of touring clothes & one nice outfit) in it. I've relegated it to my gym tote & I'm going to get the new (slightly smaller) VB tote for the destination wedding (Sanibel Island) we're going to on Thanksgiving weekend. Melody

Sally, I love my VB bag, but discovered I could put WAY too much in it (got really heavy). I used two Eagle Creek slim cubes (all the electronic cords & camera "stuff") & 1 small (lingerie & bathing suit) & 1 medium (2 days worth of touring clothes & one nice outfit) in it. I've relegated it to my gym tote & I'm going to get the new (slightly smaller) VB tote for the destination wedding (Sanibel Island) we're going to on Thanksgiving weekend. Melody

Thanks , I also have a smaller tote that I usually use but for a long trip I am going to use the larger VB . Sanibel at thanksgiving should be gorgeous weather .

I do find myself thinking more about what I bring on a cruise, and the size luggage I use. Rolling clothes and packing cubes made a difference last time, so I'm excited about my new lightweight luggage and having more cubes to use. I'm still not one to re-wear things a lot. The only time I did re-wearbsome things was the Pacific Coastal cruise. I think it's because it was so cool and I didn't sweat much. By the way, I went back to Dress barn and got a great earthy shirt for this summer. It's going on my cruise for dure!

I typed a big post, and somehow hit a wrong button. Poof! Gone, just like that.

I may change the dresses a bit that I'm bringing. I will decide this weekend, and then take a picture to post here of the whole line up.

I have my daytime outfits all picked and accessorized as well. Next up, I will iron everything, then roll and pack in the cubes.

Even though it was hard to do, I did find some tops for sea days that were a bit nicer. I wasn't looking for anything fancy; it's just that sometimes, I want to have a more polished look. I really envy some of the models you see, that seem to have this great look going on that is almost effortless. Having a bigger chest and being a bit short waisted, I can look really frumpy very easily. So I've been trying to replace some casual tops that are have gotten too big, and I was having a rough time. I got a cute top at WHBM with my gift card from my daughters, which will be part of an evening outfit, worn, with cropped khaki skinny jeans. The top is in that great cinnamon color, and I even have sandals that I take on just about every cruise that work great with the outfit.

There was a top in Dressbarn, and I don't think I posted the link yesterday. This is a great choice for us earth ladies. I wasn't sure about the loose styling that is so popular now. I found that it is hit or miss, depending on the fit. This one worked for me.

https://www.dressbarn.com/detail/tropical-print-knit-tank/102703300/602

I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, and I'll probably color my hair over the weekend. The gray is making it's way through!

I can't wait to get everything ironed and packed. It was fun to accessorize over the weekend and make some decisions. I'm not doing too bad with the shoes either. It's hard to narrow those down sometimes.

I had a rough time with that one formal night, full length dress, as it is like a rose gold, a bit peachy. It was hard to figure out the jewelry and sandals, since I didn't have rose gold accessories. I decided to just keep it simple, and the earrings are a large post without too much of the metal tone showing. The sandals are gold though.

I love that tank too, Laurie and Melody. That was an easy one for me to pick out as perfect for us Earth girls! There is actually quite a lot at Dress Barn in our colors. Lots of corals, greens, tans. Laurie, The one halter? dress you linked us to a few days back, the red and blue pattern (paisley, maybe), are those earth colors? I imagine you would have to see it in person but earth reds and blues are still hard for me to decipher. More rusty toned reds and lighter navy is ok?

Have a Great cruise, Laurie. Now that I am feeling better, the loss of the cruise is really settling in. I think I need a Girlfriend get together tonight!!!

Lauri

Ooh Laurie, I love that tank! I may have to stop at Dressbarn today to see if it goes with my Jasper Green skort (from Athleta). It may be just the thing for it!

Lauri, I wear few reds or navy's, I feel tired in them, does that sound strange! Melody

Melody, you may be a soft autumn like Anita, which would explain the red /navy thing. Learning about 12 seasons really helped me understand why some non-earth colors seem to work for me.

I ordered that tank just before I left for work. Get 'em now ladies!

Lauri, my personal situation means I don't enjoy my time in MI very much. It may have appeared that I was dissing your beautiful state, which wasn't my intention. I am just usually very stressed when I am there.

I wish I had a vacation on the horizon, no matter how far. I just finished a conference proposal that would be during spring break 2017, so I'm looking for other weeks in our calendar that might work. I need something to plan!

Lauri, my personal situation means I don't enjoy my time in MI very much. It may have appeared that I was dissing your beautiful state, which wasn't my intention. I am just usually very stressed when I am there.

Melody,

Absolutely no offense taken at all! I do not recall...what brings you to Michigan from time to time and what part of the state?

This time of year is best of all in MI! Fall is pretty amazing too! From about November 1 to May 1, I would rather be elsewhere!

Lauri

Ok, I went to DressBarn. I bought the tank, be advised it runs big! I normally wear an XL & I bought a M!!! Here's a picture of me in it & the cooler shirt I wore to the storeImageUploadedByForums1464213093.842131.jpg.f7e333f937b972be821caa062f73e888.jpg. It was very windy at our house this afternoon. Melody

ImageUploadedByForums1464213081.623207.jpg.517e437c802722359e9a54e6e4149e74.jpg

Lauri, Margaret is the one that made the MI comment; however, we have good friends in Windsor Ontario (just by Detroit) that we visit. We live in CO, our winters are crummy too. Melody

Lauri, Margaret is the one that made the MI comment; however, we have good friends in Windsor Ontario (just by Detroit) that we visit. We live in CO, our winters are crummy too. Melody

Oops..sorry Melody. I meant Margaret!!! Sorry, still on meds. I hate what they do to my thought processes!!!! Lauri

Melody, love the tank! So hard to shop right now when I have no boobs!!!!

Edited by lah66

I dithered between medium and large, but ordered a medium, so I will have to see how that works out. I really like how it looks, Melody.

I have one more week of school, so things are really busy now. Plus I've been out after work every night this week. So looking forward to the long weekend. Anyone have plans? We're supposed to get our boat out from storage tomorrow! Yippee!

If you are a Jane Austen fan, you must see the new movie Love and Friendship. It's from her unfinished book called "Lady Susan."