RC VisA rewards...

springmac

Everyone has their own opinions of what is the best credit card for them.....and that will never change. As already in this thread it has been mentioned that if the credit card you get that gives you a check to redeem and it only can be redeemed in their location -- that would be just as limiting as another card might be.

That's correct, you do have to go to Sam's to cash the check. That is a trade-off. There is only one place to cash the check. But once you cash the check you can use the cash where you prefer. You're not limited to places the cruise line prefers.

If I remember correctly, the cash back is via check that you can only cash at Sam's Club.

You are correct but let me clarify something. You do have to go to Sam's to cash the check. But, you can get the complete amount in cash without buying anything else. You cash it at "customer services".

You are correct but let me clarify something. You do have to go to Sam's to cash the check. But, you can get the complete amount in cash without buying anything else. You cash it at "customer services".

Thanks for the explanation. Is the check only once per year?

Sam's Club Master Card. You don't have to have a local Sam's Club to get one. You do have to buy a membership, about $50 per year. Even if you don't use the club, the rewards are worth it.

You can get other cards that offer comparable rewards. Just need to do the research. Google is your friend.

So if you need to go to Sam's Club to cash the check, even at customer service, even without buying something you do NEED to have a local Sam's Club. There is a little contradiction in the above posts you have made. Unless I am misreading the above.

I thought it needed to be clarified since I didn't want to leave the impression that you had to spend the money you received at Sam's.

Yes, I think it's on the anniversary date you join. Ours arrives in early February which is very convenient for our March cruise.

So if you need to go to Sam's Club to cash the check, even at customer service, even without buying something you do NEED to have a local Sam's Club. There is a little contradiction in the above posts you have made. Unless I am misreading the above.

No, you're not misreading anything. I should have been more careful in the wording. My apologies.

No, you're not misreading anything. I should have been more careful in the wording. My apologies.

And from your previous post it seems that you only get the check once a year....whereas I can redeem my points when I want to use them. No credit card is perfect for everyone....and choice is always a good thing. We choose the BofA Royal card for us.

And from your previous post it seems that you only get the check once a year....whereas I can redeem my points when I want to use them. No credit card is perfect for everyone....and choice is always a good thing. We choose the BofA Royal card for us.

That's great and I'm happy that you're pleased with BofA Royal's card. But as you say, no card is perfect for all. I mentioned this so that others might know that they can get rewards that are several times those available on the BofA card.

I have a booked and paid for upcoming cruise and I don't seem able to view my invoice online. I received my invoice via email but can't bring it up online when I look at my reservation. I booked through Club Royale so they are acting as my travel agent. Is Club Royale being my TAt the reason I can't view my invoice online?

I have a booked and paid for upcoming cruise and I don't seem able to view my invoice online. I received my invoice via email but can't bring it up online when I look at my reservation. I booked through Club Royale so they are acting as my travel agent. Is Club Royale being my TAt the reason I can't view my invoice online?

I don't think anyone can view the real invoice online. However, if you call Club Royale, ask them for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. This should be an email with a PDF file attached.

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I just 'discovered' the Royal Caribbean Visa and was wondering is it too late to gain any benefits if we get one now? We are paid in full and leave mid May but would love the 'extra'onboard credit and any perks. I obviously need to read up on it but would love any thoughts (sounds like you guys know how to work it:D)

Hi there. I just 'discovered' the Royal Caribbean Visa and was wondering is it too late to gain any benefits if we get one now? We are paid in full and leave mid May but would love the 'extra'onboard credit and any perks. I obviously need to read up on it but would love any thoughts (sounds like you guys know how to work it:D)

I think it would be tough to get any benefit for your May cruise. You don't earn the bonus points until after your first purchase and the end of the billing cycle.

Yes, I think it's on the anniversary date you join. Ours arrives in early February which is very convenient for our March cruise.

Comes with Feb statement no matter when you joined. We got our card in Oct and received $310 check in Feb. Cashed at customer service, deposited in bank, booked another cruise and used it towards deposit.

We put everything but car and house payment on the Sams credit card. Pay off balance every month.

Comes with Feb statement no matter when you joined. We got our card in Oct and received $310 check in Feb. Cashed at customer service, deposited in bank, booked another cruise and used it towards deposit.

We put everything but car and house payment on the Sams credit card. Pay off balance every month.

Sam's is not filing a 1099 on that check, are they?

I had a hell of time getting my rewards points on my reservation. I booked in February with the 30% Discount. did it on phone at RCCL. The trip was $ 2,700+ paid trip insurance & prepaid 18% tips. 3 weeks later I redeemed 170000 points to be applied to the trip. Week before the final payment was to be made I checked my reservation on line. I looked at my cruises and all it showed was the original $500.00 placed when I booked. I looked at Make a Payment and there was my $ 1,700.00 credit yet my trip price was the original posted price with no discount.

I called Royal Caribbean help line. I couldn't understand the person on the other line and they didn't understand what I was explaining. I call 3 days in a row and finely I got someone that I could understand. He looked it up and said I couldn't uses my points on a discounted trip I had to pay full price to use discount. After 30 minuets of RCC bull****. I asked to speak to supervisor. After another 30 minuets of back and forth He came back and said it was a glitch. And all was right 7 day cruise ocean balcony $ 1247.00

I agree the the RC visa isn't great, but just signing up and using it once, gets you $100 OBC.

Tell me if I'm wrong on this...

I got one in just my name so I get the $100 OBC. A month later, my wife got one in just her name. Can I assume she will get $100 as well?

We're cruising in Sept. So we have plenty of time to square this up.

Our card pays 3% on all travel, ie, hotels, dining, rental cars, airlines (even those we book ourselves), cruise lines, etc. It pays 5% on gasoline and 1% on all else. We have other cards for the "all else".

Thank you. I think you just sold me on a Sam's Club Mastercard. :)

I am getting ready to cash out all my points for OBC for our upcoming cruise so the timing is perfect!

I agree the the RC visa isn't great, but just signing up and using it once, gets you $100 OBC.

Tell me if I'm wrong on this...

I got one in just my name so I get the $100 OBC. A month later, my wife got one in just her name. Can I assume she will get $100 as well?

We're cruising in Sept. So we have plenty of time to square this up.

Yes! :)

So I understand that if you request your points for onboard credit if for any reason you can't go on your trip you lose your points, that being the case how late can I wait before I request my obc? We are on Anthem May 14th?

I believe they say something like 5 days before the cruise, but I like to give them at least 2 weeks.

You are correct that if you cancel the cruise, you would lose the OBC from points. However, if you change (don't cancel) the booking to an different ship and/or sail date, you would keep the OBC from points.

• 1 month later...