Imessage and Carnival Hub

Briitini

Just wanted to give a heads up about imessage. We paid for the 5$ social daily internet and shortly after I connected to the hub a few hours later my "imessage" was turned off somehow... neither myself or my spouse turned it off. In each port I found wifi and tried to connect it back with no luck. It constantly said "awaiting activation". The second I turned my phone back on this AM in Miami it magically turned back on. My spouses' imessage worked until this happened to him randomly the night before we got back to Miami.

imessage does not work with the social plan and I was fully aware of that when signing up for the plan, but it really ticked me off because it was disabled and I was not able to check in back home, even with full wifi in ports.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I have been on other cruises without the hub and this never happened.

Next time I will not connect to the hub and see if this has anything to do with imessage physically being turned off without me actually doing it.

I just got off the Glory. Had the Social Media package and iMessage worked the whole cruise up until about 4:30pm yesterday. I was in the middle of a conversation with my mom and then it just stopped. My iMessage was disabled and it said I needed to sign in using my Apple ID which I couldn't do of course without true wi-fi. Don't know how they managed to do it but they did. It was turned off in my settings.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I just got off the Glory. Had the Social Media package and iMessage worked the whole cruise up until about 4:30pm yesterday. I was in the middle of a conversation with my mom and then it just stopped. My iMessage was disabled and it said I needed to sign in using my Apple ID which I couldn't do of course without true wi-fi. Don't know how they managed to do it but they did. It was turned off in my settings.

YES!!!!!!!!! I wanted to check in at home and couldn't even activate it on wifi in ports. :mad::mad::mad:

Maybe if you signed out of the hub app iMessage would have worked in port? No idea but that stinks if carnival was able to disable it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we were in St Thomas and Puerto Rico, I did turn off Carnival Glory wi-fi and used my AT&T. I was able to access everything just like at home including calls and FaceTime. The problem I had was we were at sea when my iMessage got disabled so there was no way to get it back. It was pretty frustrating, but what can you do?

Technically it's not supposed to work so I was thankful that at I did have it for 6 and a half days, but still. In the middle of a conversation?! Annoying. Especially when we were talking about booking another cruise on Carnival!! The nerve [emoji849]

YES!!!!!!!!! I wanted to check in at home and couldn't even activate it on wifi in ports. :mad::mad::mad:

iMessage needs to send a code to the Apple servers to get activated/reactivated. Perhaps it was attempting to send the code via your cellular service. The code is formatted with the same number of digits as an international phone number and when someone is not connected to their official carrier (read as AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) sometimes the activation code cannot be sent and received properly. This also happens when Apple servers are not working properly (you cannot transmit your AppleID password as part of the activation)

If you were in a non-US port (read US port as Puerto Rico, USVI, etc) then this may have been the issue..

Of course, you can always kill the HUB app using task manger (rapidly double tap the Home button 2 times) then slide the HUB app to the top of the screen, it kills the app - you can also do a quick reboot to make sure it is really not running)

Edited by lizardhowson