Historically Cheaper Weeks to Cruise in Summer

Are there any weeks that are cheaper in the months of May, June, July and August the way December, January and November seem to work out around major holiday weeks (Xmas, New Years, MLK, Thanksgiving, Jewish holy days.)

My partner's mom is marrying a guy who is on his 4th marriage and has never had a bachelor party. Since she'll kill him for all the stuff we'd do it in Vegas or - any city with backpage or craigslist - we figured a cruise would be a special time because he's a big eater, drinker and gambler.

His sons vary in ability to pay so we'd like to find a cheap time to start zeroing in on, for a 4-7 cruise. We are line flexible. Really need help here, others are also considering a fishing trip and inviting his bookie during the first weekend of the NFL/College football but i think this is a dumb idea because no bookie is going to risk not being near a phone that weekend and it will be hard to guarantee tv access. I think this plan will blow up.

Edited by stevefrisco

Generally speaking the earlier in May the cheaper, and the later in August the cheaper. July will likely be most expensive, especially the week of the 4th.

First weekend of College football is different than 1st weekend of NFL (9/3 for College, 9/10 for NFL). If either of those dates are viable, that might be some of the lowest prices for a Caribbean cruise you'll find all year. Keep in mind it will be smack dab in the middle of hurricane season.

Good luck! Hopefully 4th time is the charm for the groom-to-be! :D

Generally speaking the earlier in May the cheaper, and the later in August the cheaper. July will likely be most expensive, especially the week of the 4th.

First weekend of College football is different than 1st weekend of NFL (9/3 for College, 9/10 for NFL). If either of those dates are viable, that might be some of the lowest prices for a Caribbean cruise you'll find all year. Keep in mind it will be smack dab in the middle of hurricane season.

Good luck! Hopefully 4th time is the charm for the groom-to-be! :D

Exactly correct especially the last line . :p Simple enough, cruise prices are higher when school is out . May and June are cheaper as is the final week of August .

Are there any weeks that are cheaper in the months of May, June, July and August the way December, January and November seem to work out around major holiday weeks (Xmas, New Years, MLK, Thanksgiving, Jewish holy days.)

My partner's mom is marrying a guy who is on his 4th marriage and has never had a bachelor party. Since she'll kill him for all the stuff we'd do it in Vegas or - any city with backpage or craigslist - we figured a cruise would be a special time because he's a big eater, drinker and gambler.

His sons vary in ability to pay so we'd like to find a cheap time to start zeroing in on, for a 4-7 cruise. We are line flexible. Really need help here, others are also considering a fishing trip and inviting his bookie during the first weekend of the NFL/College football but i think this is a dumb idea because no bookie is going to risk not being near a phone that weekend and it will be hard to guarantee tv access. I think this plan will blow up.

What could possibly go wrong with this prized catch ? :eek::eek: Edited by richstowe
Not really sure if this is a legit post

Most of the nicer ships relocate to Alaska and Europe in Summer. But some of the more budget ones stay in FL and do short cruises. Like 4-5 nights. Do a search for them on line.

I guess that would depend on your definition of nicest. :D

Most of the biggest ships, with the most amenities (RCCL Allure, Oasis, Anthem; NCL Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Epic) homeport in the same place year round, except for the occasional jaunt across the Atlantic by the Oasis of the Seas and Epic for Med cruises. The Getaway, Escape, Allure, and Oasis are all in Florida all summer.

I know bigger isn't better in everyone's mind, but there are still plenty of options in the summer out of Fl.