New internet plans being trialled on Carnival Oz ships

Warning:newbie alert, may be a stupid question...

Would this be worth it on a Pacific Island cruise? How much internet would you actually get in the middle of the ocean?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The service is slow but it is via satellite so connectivity is possible.:D

Would this be worth it on a Pacific Island cruise? How much internet would you actually get in the middle of the ocean?

I used it on my cruise last year, I would say in general it worked fine, but don't expect it to be like home, it is definitely slower or can cut out at times. But I was able to post photos to Facebook and Instagram, check my email, follow news and keep in touch with family using Facebook messenger.

Wow then I may consider this! I'm used to black spots just driving from home to Perth (rural WA resident), and my parents have said Internet was not available, so I was getting ready to detox from my addiction to wifi [emoji38][emoji23]

Wow then I may consider this! I'm used to black spots just driving from home to Perth (rural WA resident), and my parents have said Internet was not available, so I was getting ready to detox from my addiction to wifi [emoji38][emoji23]

That would be a cheaper option. We normally use the wifi when on shore (overseas cruises) and enjoy being disconnected for periods of time when at sea.:D

We are on the Spirit right now and paid the $185 for the whole cruise. The connectivity has been very good, though not available on your balcony, which is a bit of a shame. Three out of 4 of us has been seasick, so pretty much confined to the cabin for 4 days of the cruise, the internet has been a godsend to entertain those that weren't sick and could not leave the cabin. I would purchase again if I were cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are on the Spirit right now and paid the $185 for the whole cruise. The connectivity has been very good' date=' though not available on your balcony, which is a bit of a shame. Three out of 4 of us has been seasick, so pretty much confined to the cabin for 4 days of the cruise, the internet has been a godsend to entertain those that weren't sick and could not leave the cabin. I would purchase again if I were cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear you've had some seasickness in your group. I swear by sea bands if you can possibly get some, I won't be stepping on the ship without them! Hope it gets better soon.

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear you've had some seasickness in your group. I swear by sea bands if you can possibly get some, I won't be stepping on the ship without them! Hope it gets better soon.

I have done multiple cruises and use one sea band on my right wrist. Works a treat.:D

I just got the internet pack on the radiance if the seas to the pacific islands.

I could use Skype and found the internet was worth it as my 6 yr old was in bed by 8pm every night so I was stuck in the cabin.

• 6 months later...

I was on a 12 day Carnival Spirit cruise recently and paid $100 for the social media package. It was good to be able to keep in touch with people in Australia. I only use Facebook and it was a little frustrating noth to be able to access the linked articles.

my friend paid for 24 hours of full access half way through the cruise and did some things she needed to do. She was pleased with that access.

it is much better having access for a definite time frame, rather than the "minutes of access" packages. That way you don't feel cheated if the Internet is connecting very slowly.