Visas for the Legend cruise back to Hawaii?

QuentinH

Has anyone every done the transpacific from Sydney to Australia? I just booked it on Carnival.au, but I cannot find out if we need a visa or not as Americans. We don't need them to cruise Europe anymore, but no one seems to know about Sydney.

I arrive on Friday and the ship leaves Monday for Hawaii. I asked on the roll call and Carnival Australia boards, but there are no Americans on the cruise roll calls, so no one knows.

Anyone?

Edited by QuentinH

Has anyone every done the transpacific from Sydney to Australia? I just booked it on Carnival.au, but I cannot find out if we need a visa or not as Americans. We don't need them to cruise Europe anymore, but no one seems to know about Sydney.

I arrive on Friday and the ship leaves Monday for Hawaii. I asked on the roll call and Carnival Australia boards, but there are no Americans on the cruise roll calls, so no one knows.

Anyone?

According to the US Department of State website, US citizens need a visa:

You must have a valid U.S. passport and a visa to enter Australia. Most U.S. passport holders traveling to Australia for tourism or business purposes for less than 90 days can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA).

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/country/australia.html

Anyone?

From Sydney to Australia? LOST.

Anyone?

The correct places to look are the US State Department website, and on the Australian Government web site.

Yes, American citizens traveling as tourists (like you) to Australia must obtain a visa called an ETA--Electronic Travel Authority. You apply for it online and, in most cases, is issued right away. It is valid for 12 months from the date it was issued and allows you to visit multiple times for up to 3 months on each visit. The ETA is electronically attached to your passport but you will be given a confirmation number which I recommend you print out or store electronically. The ETA itself is free but the Australian government charges an AUD 20 processing/service fee. I highly recommend that you apply for your ETA through the official government website and not through a 3rd party site. The website provided by Crzndeb is the official Australian government website.

Edited by GradUT

You can go here : Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protect and apply for an E-visitor (class TV) eVisitor (subclass 651) visa

It´s an online application, you need to fill in and it will cost you 20 AUD.

Once you´re granted you will get a VISA GRANT NOTICE per email.

These are the requirements for the visa:

You might be able to get this ETA if:

you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business visitor purposes

you hold an eligible passport.

Reason for stay

You can apply if you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business purposes.

Tourist activities include holidays, recreation or seeing family and friends.

Business visitor activities include:

making general business or employment enquiries

investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract

activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit

participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.

Business activities do not include short-term work. If you want to work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400).

Eligible passports

To apply, you must hold a passport issued by one of the countries or regions listed below. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA.

Eligible passports are issued by:

United States

Source

Edited by Marcel.from.NL
corrected info

Tis is the correct info for US citizens :

You can go here : Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protect and apply for an Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601)

It´s an online application, you need to fill in and it will cost you 20 AUD.

Once you´re granted you will get a VISA GRANT NOTICE per email.

These are the requirements for the visa:

You might be able to get this ETA if:

you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business visitor purposes

you hold an eligible passport.

Reason for stay

You can apply if you are travelling to Australia as a tourist or for business purposes.

Tourist activities include holidays, recreation or seeing family and friends.

Business visitor activities include:

making general business or employment enquiries

investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract

activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit

participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.

Business activities do not include short-term work. If you want to work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400).

Eligible passports

To apply, you must hold a passport issued by one of the countries or regions listed below. If you hold a non-citizen passport or other travel document, such as a Certificate of Identity, you are not eligible to apply for an ETA.

Eligible passports are issued by:

United States

Source

And when you have read this site and go to the application form you get to the website crzndeb listed :) (is what I just found out)

Edited by Marcel.from.NL
Typo