2017 Waived Single Supplement Riverboat Cruises...?'s

2Canucks

Anyone have any info on which Riverboat cruise Line is ...Waiving the Single Supplement or offering At Least a 50% Reduction for their 2017 cruises?

I'm looking for either an Amsterdam to Budapest...or...Budapest to Amsterdam cruise.

I'm looking for the riverboat company who will give the Best Price for a solo cruiser.

I can't seem to find very much 2017 info concerning the single supplement.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any info you can share with me.

Pat

I don't think Uniworld has released its 2017 schedule yet but I know that in 2016 they advertised 'no single supplement' on certain sailings of their cruises. As with Tauck, they still are not inexpensive, but are all inclusive.

Edited by capriccio

Uniworld usually releases their no or reduced single supplement cruises in November for the following year, so the 2016 sailings were published in November of 2015. I was able to take my first river cruise due to not having to pay the supplement. It still was pricey (by my standards) but worth every penny. Where I really saved money was by booking my flights thru Uniworld.

Roz

Vantage has single cabins, so they don't charge a single supplement fee on those. For 2016 on the AMS-BUD route, the single cabin is $500 more than the per person rate for a double cabin in the next higher (D class). They don't appear to have 2017 pricing out yet. I noticed that the May '16 sailing is sold out of single cabins, but there is a note stating there is a reduced single supplement available for double cabins.

The double room is 165 sq ft, the single is 125 sq ft.

The Viking President mentioned that bookings are down, keep your eyes open and sign up for e-mail alerts from various companies and you may find some good deals. AMS-BUD is the only cruise I've been on and we completely enjoyed it.

Edited by ural guy

My experience as a traveler on 10+ river cruises, all as a single, is that GCT has always has the lowest prices for singles. They have a very low single supplement but even with this their costs are lower then other companies single cabin fares or those with no single supplement.

Many travelers do not like their fold down murphy style beds but a single traveler should have no problem with these.

Edited by rogerdawhip