lunch at Miami HR café?

plucasana

hello we are looking for a nice place to eat lunch, not too expensive, but decent enough.

I have never been to a hard rock café - would that be a good idea for a family?

can anyone tell me the price of the burgers there?

or do you have other recommendations? Any hints apprceated!

tia sandra

hello we are looking for a nice place to eat lunch, not too expensive, but decent enough.

I have never been to a hard rock café - would that be a good idea for a family?

can anyone tell me the price of the burgers there?

or do you have other recommendations? Any hints apprceated!

tia sandra

Hard Rock cafe is an average meal, decent but nothing special. Assuming you're looking at the one in the Bayside Mall near the port. In that same mall there is a Bubba Gump Shrimp company and a Hooters. None of these will be awful, but they're all chain restaurants and quality will be as such.

If you just want a great burger, there is a Five Guys Burgers in the mall too. However, this is less of a sit down meal, but the burgers & fries are outstanding.

Hard Rock's burger will probably be around $14 maybe a little more.

Edited by VideoTech

That Hard Rock is really not good. And I totally 2nd the opinion for the burgers at 5 guys.

If you want some great food down at Bayside, the only place that any of the locals go to is Bavaria House. If you read the reviews on Yelp and other places, you will see great reviews. We've always had great food and great beer.

I'm typically the odd-man out when it comes to Five Guys! I think they're overpriced and way too greasy! Personally, I'd steer away from the chain burgers and get some more input on some local burger joints...like the Bavaria House!

I'm typically the odd-man out when it comes to Five Guys! I think they're overpriced and way too greasy! Personally, I'd steer away from the chain burgers and get some more input on some local burger joints...like the Bavaria House!

For Miami, it's cheap meal!!

To the OP if it's burgers you are looking for, I can suggest a few other places along your way. What kind of food are you looking for?

we are indeed looking for burgers, and if you could suggest "local joints" that would be great. preferably some place that can be visited on the big bus route [emoji4]. thank you everyone!!! sandra

Burgers are my absolute favorite meal and I try them wherever we go!

The City Loop goes through Coconut Grove, Gables, Brickell and downtown I believe.

In coconut grove:

LOKAL is absolutely fantastic place. They are local and also have a place in midtown called KUSH. LOKAl is very casual and family friend.

http://www.lokalmiami.com/site/

In Brickell:

you have GARZON for an amazing burger ($14 though $10 on Wednesdays) on the back of Mary Brickell Village. Seriously one of the best I have tried!

BATCHGASTRO PUB also has a great burger. BURGER AND BEER JOINT is in Mary Brickell village as well but I'm just not the biggest fan of their burgers.

In Coral Gables:

SWINE SOUTHERN TABLE & BAR has an amazing burger. JOHN MARTIN'S also has a great burger. It's a small chain but BRICKTOP's burgers are wonderful.

On the Beach, MADERO has a really good burger. YARDBIRD SOUTHERN TABLE many times has burger specials, but not always.

Edited by cjskids

Ooh! I'm a big fan of Swine in Coral Gables! Love!

Spring Chicken is Yardbird's little sister and also very good in Coral Gables.

I don't have a problem with the occaisional burger at Hard Rock. I think it is pretty decent and love the view.

I'm another one that dislikes Five Guys. Too greasy and the fries are wimpy.

Ooh! I'm a big fan of Swine in Coral Gables! Love!

Spring Chicken is Yardbird's little sister and also very good in Coral Gables.

I don't have a problem with the occaisional burger at Hard Rock. I think it is pretty decent and love the view.

I'm another one that dislikes Five Guys. Too greasy and the fries are wimpy.

I've not done Spring Chicken yet! One of my friends is a sous chef at Yardbird. I love it there.