Crown Princess Review

MissCruiseAddict

There were 104 teens onboard over 400 kids glad you didn't notice, all very well behaved. This was Califorina and Washingtons spring break.

Food was some of the best we have had. Cookies were hard to get, especially choco chip. Anytime dining was the worst we have ever experienced on any cruise! Due to exceptional long wait times 1 hr + and could never get a reservation in any time dining when we called before 8:15pm. People were lining up at the 5:15pm dining time outside the dining room at 4pm and same for the dining room that opened at 7:15pm. We did not like "Magic To Do" at all, weird and bad production and show in my opinion, was a disappointment as love all of Princess other shows and the Princess dancers singers were awesome. Staff were wonderful. I never saw a "marked " hot tub, pools were warm, great movies were shown and all rerun on tv, even the new Star Wars movie. Trident Grill is on Holland America. A lot of us have onboard suffered sinus infections. Loved the itinerary. This was a great 7 day cruise. There were 2 Captain Circle parties and most travelled if I remember correctly was over 1300 or 1400 days, 3rd most was over 800.

Wherever you cruise embrace and enjoy the experience.

Did you go to afternoon tea?????

IMHO Princess food is better than RCCL and Norwegian. I always like to find out where people eat when they go out. Says a lot about them. I don't like chain restaurants where you get the same food in 2500 cities in the US. I like Mom and Pops and go where the locals go for breakfast. My friends want to go to the Japanese place where they toss food at you like you're a Monkey and charge you double.

Thanks for posting your review. The food on Princess is not consistent. Some dishes that I have loved on one ship weren't that great on another cruise. That said, the New York strip steak is one dish I'll never order again. The only great steaks I've had on Princess have been at the Crown Grill and the Ultimate Balcony Dinner--meals that cost extra. Most of the time I order the seafood main course.

We disembarked the Crown last Saturday & those in our group who had the NY strip steak in the dining room & the filet mignon in the Crown Grill preferred the NY strip. My experience has always been the opposite but to me the quality of the filet's in the past year on all of my Princess cruises has noticeably decreased. Maybe I've just been unlucky but with the price increase to $29 and less tasty filet mignon & small lobster tails (much larger in the MDR) then our once a cruise CG dinner will not happen again.

We tried a hamburger from the grill one evening on the crown. I saw a griddle of fresh burgers being grilled - mmmm.

The cook took a rubbery looking precooked patty out of surly looking pot of hot water and warmed it up on the grill for me. Those freshly cooked burgers were headed for the pot of water to be rubberized.

We went to the Trident Grill during the daytime on the Crown & they were cooking raw ground beef hamburgers to order. At night it apparently may be different when it becomes the Smokehouse BBQ but hopefully boiling burgers is only a shortcut used by a lazy cook. If I had that experience then I would have submitted a question or asked the maître d' about boiling hamburgers to keep them warm resulting in an unacceptable rubberized burger. On other Princess ships there was nothing smokehouse about their food (won't call it BBQ) which is understandable being on a ship. However the boiled beef and ribs that had a dry rub added before broiling were not tasty to me. I seem to recall reading they now use BBQ sauce which may be an improvement.

Overall the food on our cruise was what we expect on Princess & for anyone who enjoys Princess food the Crown provided that to me. To me Princess food is overall well presented good banquet quality food prepared to serve thousands of passengers with many options for dining.

When sailing with multigenerational family groups it's been on RCCL however I much prefer the Princess food but taste is very subjective. The Crown's food didn't disappoint me (except for the CG filet mignon & small lobster tails) and having sailed on the Crown twice in the past 6 months would happily sail her again. I respect the opinions of other passengers even when my experiences were different.

We disembarked the Crown last Saturday & those in our group who had the NY strip steak in the dining room & the filet mignon in the Crown Grill preferred the NY strip. My experience has always been the opposite but to me the quality of the filet's in the past year on all of my Princess cruises has noticeably decreased. Maybe I've just been unlucky but with the price increase to $29 and less tasty filet mignon & small lobster tails (much larger in the MDR) then our once a cruise CG dinner will not happen again.

We went to the Trident Grill during the daytime on the Crown & they were cooking raw ground beef hamburgers to order. At night it apparently may be different when it becomes the Smokehouse BBQ but hopefully boiling burgers is only a shortcut used by a lazy cook. If I had that experience then I would have submitted a question or asked the maître d' about boiling hamburgers to keep them warm resulting in an unacceptable rubberized burger. On other Princess ships there was nothing smokehouse about their food (won't call it BBQ) which is understandable being on a ship. However the boiled beef and ribs that had a dry rub added before broiling were not tasty to me. I seem to recall reading they now use BBQ sauce which may be an improvement.

Overall the food on our cruise was what we expect on Princess & for anyone who enjoys Princess food the Crown provided that to me. To me Princess food is overall well presented good banquet quality food prepared to serve thousands of passengers with many options for dining.

When sailing with multigenerational family groups it's been on RCCL however I much prefer the Princess food but taste is very subjective. The Crown's food didn't disappoint me (except for the CG filet mignon & small lobster tails) and having sailed on the Crown twice in the past 6 months would happily sail her again. I respect the opinions of other passengers even when my experiences were different.

it is the fat that makes it tasty....I rarely order filets anywhere or cook them myself as they cannot compare to a ribeye

it is the fat that makes it tasty....I rarely order filets anywhere or cook them myself as they cannot compare to a ribeye

IMO it's a sin to cut a filet off the bone. A 2" thick Porterhouse cooks up with a tasty tender filet plus an even tastier but somewhat more toothful shell. The only way to have steak -- but sadly not something you find on a cruise ship very often, or very well done [edit: done very well, since I always order "medium rare"!]