Tomato Juice is now a Premium Beverage

diesteldorf

No need to go to the steakhouse for a DECENT dinner. Dinner in the MDR is good as is the buffet.

Has anyone confirmed that they will be charging for tomato juice or has this just happened to one person? Everyone is up in arms and yet we have no idea if this was an isolated incident, mistake or now the norm.

Both the MDR & Buffet leave much to be desired

No need to go to the steakhouse for a DECENT dinner. Dinner in the MDR is good as is the buffet.

Has anyone confirmed that they will be charging for tomato juice or has this just happened to one person? Everyone is up in arms and yet we have no idea if this was an isolated incident, mistake or now the norm.

Hopefully, we can get some type of confirmation in the coming weeks.

Maybe this was an isolated incident and Carnival will reverse their position.

The fact that I had to sign printed receipts, similar to getting a soda, leads me to believe this was at least official for the Elation the week of 2/29.

Maybe Leap Year made this a once every 4 years policy.

The fact that I had to sign printed receipts, similar to getting a soda, leads me to believe this was at least official for the Elation the week of 2/29.

LOL:p

I'm going with this one! :D

This isn't about sweating the small stuff. It is about the OP letting every one on CC know that Carnival charged them for Tomato Juice that was once free.

A lot of things in this world were once free if you insist on living in the past.

Just got off the Elation on Saturday. I am not a big alcohol drinker and always purchase the bottomless bubbles package to have unlimited sodas at the bars, comedy lounge and dining room.

I was surprised when I was in the main dining room for breakfast and asked for a large pineapple juice and a large tomato juice.

I normally hand them two empty water glasses to save them the trouble of bring two small glasses.

I was advised that the pineapple juice would be no problem, but that the tomato juice would come with a $1.50 charge and need to be ordered from the bar waiter.

I was advised this was a new policy.

I quickly took out out my card with the Bottomless Bubbles sticker and they got me to small glasses of tomato juice at no charge, but I had to sign to separate slips of paper.

On one hand, the whole issue of tomato juice being premium allowed me to get a greater monetary benefit from my drink package. On the other hand, it seemed silly and inconvenient.

Pineapple and Orange Juice could be served by a regular waiter, but tomato juice had to be ordered and served by a bar waiter. I felt silly and I am sure the bar waiter didn't appreciate being tied up with such pettiness.

Even the main waiters would bring sodas at dinner if the bar staff was not readily available.

One time I wasn't even served tomato juice, but given bloody Mary mix instead. It's easy to tell the difference if you are familiar.

It was also weird to be advised it was a premium beverage when the breakfast menus failed to mention any charge.

To be fair, I was advised this was a new policy, so maybe Carnival will update their breakfast menus in the future.

I could understand if the tomato juice was homemade and fresh squeezed, but this was the same old stuff from a can.

Maybe tomato juice is becoming more costly.

Interesting. Tomato juice was complimentary on Breeze two weeks ago.

Just when you think that Carnival can't hit another low, they go lower.

If true, what makes tomato juice a premium beverage? Because it can be used to make bloody Mary's and such? Are they making it fresh?

The OnLY time I drink tomato juice is on planes and cruises. Definitely a new low.

What's next?

Orange juice is next! you can make a screw driver with it!:p

A lot of things in this world were once free if you insist on living in the past.

I don't think I'm THAT old but I do remember when

Gasoline was $.25 a gallon,

You could easily get a bottle of pop for $.10,

McDonald's had a burger, fries, and drink for less than $1,

Water didn't cost more than Milk,

And a cruise in a Category C cabin where 6 rooms shared one bathroom was $60 a night , equivalent to $273.65 in today's money.