2 Help Questions Please

Lois R

Yep. I want to say the laws started in the mid-aughts but I really can't remember. The replacements they initially introduced (phenylephrine) that are not behind the counter don't work at all for me.

Same here. I swear by pseudephedrine. In the 90s it disappeared from the shelves and I tried just about EVERYTHING else. In desperation (at least three years later) I finally thought to ask the pharmacist what she might recommend. To my surprise, I found out that the original sudafed was still available BEHIND the counter -- if only I had known. :o

Either the generic or the real deal work for me. But I do not like the 12-hour version, just the original 4-6 hour ones.

I know this was discussed years ago but I can't find anything on it.....

I am flying overseas in less than 30 days now:D.....do any of you know

what to take before a long flight to help keep the ears open (as to opposed

to them being clogged up)....I want to say some type of sinus meds?

And I don't have any sinus issues.....but is this supposed to work?

I am flying from Jax to Newark then direct on to Amsterdam.

And my other question......I have been looking for a jean jacket......

any suggestions?....I have been on a search:eek:.....I want pockets and

don't want something that is "CROPPED".....some of them seem to be made

for a size 2 only:rolleyes:.......I am not little.......more like a 16/18,

depending on the cut..

Thanks for any help:)

Hi, Lois!

I'm not going to read the other answers, but just tell you what really works for me: Zyrtec. Start it 2 days before you fly. My doctor recommended it to me because we live in a TERRIBLE air quality area, and I had chronic congested ears.

Try ebay for your jacket:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Suits-Blazers-/63865/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=15&_nkw=size+16+denim+jacket

I get all my clothes from ebay now.

Hi, Lois!

I'm not going to read the other answers, but just tell you what really works for me: Zyrtec. Start it 2 days before you fly. My doctor recommended it to me because we live in a TERRIBLE air quality area, and I had chronic congested ears.

Try ebay for your jacket:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Suits-Blazers-/63865/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=15&_nkw=size+16+denim+jacket

I get all my clothes from ebay now.

Hi Peggy, thanks for the suggestion. I already found a jacket at Kohl's.

(I know you said you were not going to read the other replies).

As for the congested ears? Mine are fine here at home. I already bought

the sudafed generic at CVS.

Hi Peggy, thanks for the suggestion. I already found a jacket at Kohl's.

(I know you said you were not going to read the other replies).

As for the congested ears? Mine are fine here at home. I already bought

the sudafed generic at CVS.

Sounds like you're all set! What an exciting trip you're going on, too! We did a transatlantic cruise and spent 9 days in the UK and Paris last Spring. It was wonderful.

Enjoy!

Right now, I'm downing both my Zyrtec and my generic pseudephedrine. Came down with simultaneous allergy attack AND a cold. The cold is going around work.

Zyrtec (NOT the Zyrtec-D) is my antihistamine. The "straight" Zyrtec does not have the decongestant in it, the Zyrtec-D has the pseudephedrine in it. I like to take mine separately - I like the 12 hour version - take once before I go to work and then again when I'm home.

If you are using for sinus/ear relief when you fly, I'd stick with just a box of generic pseudephedrine in the "use 4-6 hour" version.

Right now, I'm downing both my Zyrtec and my generic pseudephedrine. Came down with simultaneous allergy attack AND a cold. The cold is going around work.

Zyrtec (NOT the Zyrtec-D) is my antihistamine. The "straight" Zyrtec does not have the decongestant in it, the Zyrtec-D has the pseudephedrine in it. I like to take mine separately - I like the 12 hour version - take once before I go to work and then again when I'm home.

If you are using for sinus/ear relief when you fly, I'd stick with just a box of generic pseudephedrine in the "use 4-6 hour" version.

I'm glad you found a combination that works for you. I thought I was losing my hearing, but my doctor said the crap in our local air gives almost everyone sinus and ear congestion. I don't have the sinus problem, but the ears, yes!

I take the 24-hour Zyrtec, but I only take it when my ears get bad.