Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

I just finished reviewing all photos and I found a few worth posting prior to my final wrap up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

Some great snorkelling right off the water taxi pier in St Martin. Forget paying for excursion, just jump right in, but watch out for the water taxis.

7d762ebf84af3ffd307113e474230cd0.jpg

The Suite Lounge and Costal Kitchen in the back ground.

20ce841918f122ef4c52a91780f86a6c.jpg

Some of the food offerings in the SL.

f857fa871ce245dd984dc3a694b71b66.jpg

Cabana B2 at Barefoot Beach.

27bd88d3f7ee9911136c06888a881d9f.jpg

A nicely decorated cabin door, and it lasted the entire week.

622026f6f747d5a05d2a88f648193531.jpg

Did you know in Cozumel you can go look at replica Mayan Ruins.

41c733d2bfcffb6d4fb2a30ec56b14fa.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

No chair hogs on the first morning of the second week. It wasn't the same as the week went on however it was still better than the first week.

d2a1785ff2ed22af5b35e684c58c8b39.jpg

Owen did so well over the two weeks. From going from never having been on a flow rider to having great confidence is amazing. I'm so proud of him for overcoming any fears.

b4e8acd09d3967f456d434862fb68aa8.jpg

Doesn't this look like a happy crew member on their last day of work before break.

09e87f0880b5bfd974cd164f2e008ee9.jpg

Is this a line for the watch sale?

b14c82b3626fe88907978f3f5afc703e.jpg

No, but it could have been. This is at the airport prior to our flight home.

c30849fd4c1b96cb733f784b386e9160.jpg

A beautiful sunrise on our way to Cozumel.

6a009e01f1702e9e00d975fc93a825a5.jpg

Hope you don't mind another quick question. We have only cruised one other time from Ft Lauderdale and we used the hotel shuttle. We were thinking that this time we would use a taxi since its cheaper and we can leave when we want.

My question, do you call a particular taxi company or are there usually taxis waiting at the hotel? We will be at a place in Dania Beach.

A quick word about our cabin stewards, Jesus and Keith. For two weeks they they took great care of us, and I bet everyone else who was under their watch can say the same. We sailed with Jesus last year for our B2B so we knew what to expect. His supervisor payed us a visit and when we informed her of the high level of care we had been given, she said that he is one of the best on the ship.

They treated Owen like gold and here is a prime example of what awaited him every night. Some great towel animals holding and giving candy and snacks to Owen. These snacks weren't supplied from our cabin, but were provided by two of them.

a54bd8a00115d6376e5dbb76c90a3a35.jpg

This might just look like a chair and foot stool and you know what, it is. However, it is another example of how we were taken care of.

fbc9932e9449df5463c09aec3ad55c72.jpg

After the first two days in our cabin we noticed it was missing, as we have been in this cabin before, so we asked Jesus "what happened to the blue chair that is normally here". He said without missing a beat, "when I saw you were coming on board I sent it off to be reupholstered". Yah right, we laughed.

Sure enough two days later the chair and foot stool reappeared and it had in fact been redone. Jesus and Keith are the best.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Hope you don't mind another quick question. We have only cruised one other time from Ft Lauderdale and we used the hotel shuttle. We were thinking that this time we would use a taxi since its cheaper and we can leave when we want.

My question, do you call a particular taxi company or are there usually taxis waiting at the hotel? We will be at a place in Dania Beach.

We usually call (954) 777-7777. There are one of the larger taxi companies. There is also another one such as 999-9999.

The shuttles are a pain because you typically have to stop at another terminal, on the way to where you embark. It cost more, and almost always takes more time than a taxi. Some people also use uber, but we never have.

Hi Andrew

I'm late to the party but just read this thread from start to finish in one sitting.

Fantastic review. Planning our first B2B on Allure so great info and very much appreciated. I missed the scopes but am following you now in case you scope on your next voyage.

Hope the post holiday blues aren't too bad!

Hi Andrew

I'm late to the party but just read this thread from start to finish in one sitting.

Fantastic review. Planning our first B2B on Allure so great info and very much appreciated. I missed the scopes but am following you now in case you scope on your next voyage.

Hope the post holiday blues aren't too bad!

Better late than never and thanks for joining in. The scopes were fun to do and hopefully you will join us the next time. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you really thought that's how I'd end it, you should know better by now. Lisa and I have been reflecting about our two weeks at sea as we have be adjusting to life back on land. If you think one week is tough to adjust to life at home, try two. I'm not sure how cruisers can stay on a ship for a month or more at a time. Don't get me wrong as we do feel at home on the ship, along with our "friends" that work on the ship. I guess somewhere between a few weeks like us compared to a month or more on board it changes from a holiday to a second home. I guess as I get older my opinion on this might change, and I secretly can't wait to find out what it is like.

One of the first WOWS of being gone for two weeks comes from our "friend", the scale.

"X" marks the spot.

9105195da396fd65a614cbf183ae9725.jpg

I only gained 1 pound. We didn't over indulge as we were there for 2 weeks. I have seen the track and know there is a gym on the ship but am not intimate with them. By our next cruise though I would like to be in better shape. All it takes is me, and the medieval machine called the elliptical trainer that we have tucked away somewhere in this house. [emoji6]

Edited by A&L_Ont

I want to thank all of you for following along on this virtual journey. Even though I burned the late night oil preparing text, editing photos, and finally posting, it was well worth it. Doing day time posts and periscoping also boosted the fun. I knew in the beginning it would have been an epic fail or just epic, and judging by the 90,000 plus reads I tend to say it was no failure.

I wonder, will periscope permanently change the way live reviews are done? Will live reports be literally just periscopes? Of course you have to edit out the small minded immature posters and block the flirtatious followers too, but what is a live thread without text and photos. I think that periscope video elevates a live thread and I want to thank Yorkvillian for introducing me to it. It really gave me a chance to show you exactly what I was seeing at any given moment in time, and in turn gives you the true virtual experience.

On Sunday when we disembarked Allure, we had a light bite to eat at the WJ. In the background you could hear some babies crying. I suspect they just found out that it was disembarkation day. I think I could actually hear some adults crying as well, I guess they didn't want to leave either. I thought t would be rude to scope them. [emoji12]

As we were walking down the gangway Owen said the following, "why is going home not as much fun as getting on the ship?" It is a great question, and the answer is the draw that keeps us coming back for more.

Edited by A&L_Ont

That being said, we did meet a few unhappy people along the way. One was a nice family with 2 boys around the same age as Owen and they played well together. In chatting with the dad, he reflected that they were having a good time, but that cruising just wasn't the holiday for them. They also said that they were happy that they tried it, but they were never going to do it again. We also met another cruiser who would have complained about everything and anything to you, me or the statue of the man out front of Johnny Rockets. Needless to say, we were able to exit side stage left of him and avoid his constant complaints. The funny thing is these two examples were both suite cruisers, however they both handled themselves so differently.

We didn't make it to our roll call get togethers but we did meet a few of our fellow CC members along the two weeks. From floating in the waters of barefoot beach, to having breakfast at JR, or a drink at the Champagne Bar, they were great meetings. The other thing we didn't get to see was Mama Mia, and anyone who saw it raved about it. I discovered that our one friend who works as a sports desk staff (who also doubles as the construction worker in the Village People) is dating "Sophie", the lead girl of Mama Mia. I got to hear her sing at Jazz on Four, and I would have loved to hear her sing in the play. If you have a chance to see this casual show in Jazz go, it is worth it. This shown runs the same night as the 70s dance party.

cb0578f472e408bdad94c65d96da18aa.jpg

Me hanging with the village people after the 70s dance party. I wasn't joking earlier in the review about them wanting to go for a drink. Shortly thereafter we all went down to Jazz on Four.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We have concluded that this trip had been a trip of WOWS. You already know about our cabin stewards and how great they were. You read previously about Owen's experiences at Giovanni's as well at Chops.

We met the Bar supervisor who was in charge all the bar's from the Schooner Bar to Rita's Bar while we were looking to see if they still offered the bottled juice package. He said no they didn't, but he took down our cabin number and he said he would get back to us. The next day there were 5 bottles of Minute Maid apple juice waiting in our cabin. Later that night we got a call from the same manager and said that he would charge us for 4 and the 5th was free. What a nice surprise. If we needed anything more he insisted we were see or call him.

Yes we did we have a few mini bumps (not even a real problems) along the way, but nothing that was going to stop our fun. Sure, we had a miss ordered burger at JR and some very cold fries but we didn't say anything about it. That being said, with both suppers we had there, they waived Owen's meal fee and made him a milk shake as well. When they knew I was at advanced flow riding in the morning, they would send a breakfast sandwich up for me, without even being asked for one. That's why I love the guys and gals at JR. I don't even need to praise Sabor, the scopes alone did that task.

I will ask one question though. When you reserve your specialty dining prior to getting on the ship, why isn't there an option for the kids meal? They already know on the booking that there is a child in your party, and it would save the refund paper work the night of the dinner. Just a suggestion, however would I really trust RC IT to do this? I think I just answered my own question, just get a refund on the ship, as we all know how well RC IT works. [emoji6]

One of the more controversial discussion points of our two weeks comes down to children load count. I love kids, I love well behaved kids even more. Where are the parenting skills today? The kids the first week were very well behaved, maybe because many were Canadian? I doubt the extra 300 kids the second week were all the bad behaving ones, but whatever the case there sure was a difference as week two had 1,900 kids under the age of 16 and even more between 17-21.

Some examples of behaviour that week were teens sitting on the floor in the elevator riding it, golf clubs and balls simply dropped anywhere and left there, rocks on the links beat with golf clubs to the point that the finish was destroyed to the base material of the faux stone, and broken golf clubs. Big tip of the cruise, if you don't like kids don't cruise during March break. We have cruised 2 times over July 4th and during heavy quinceañeras parties and our second week beat them for crazy vibes. We were told that there were going to be even more kids on board this week. Amazingly though, we never did have all the elevator buttons pushed and the worse thing we experienced was being crop dusted in the elevator by an adult.

Edited by A&L_Ont

With all of what I have said, we will conclude this was one of our top 3 cruises to date. So where does it leave us now? If you want to continue to follow me on periscope expect some sporting events with Owen being the focus. This weekend he is in a novice LM all star hockey game. This season he score 32 goals and had a few assists also along the way. You will also get some travel experiences as we hope to go to California this summer. We are fortunate to be going to Jay Leno's garage and if possible I might be able to get you behind those locked doors. That would be a great virtual trip. I am also a car enthusiast so do not be surprised to see some of our modern or classics out for a cruise when our weather finally gets better. You might even get to take in vintage racing, a concours car show, and some other fun along the way.

As I craft my final words of this thread, I want to say thanks again to all of you, as you are what helped to make it special. I just might pull that 90% finished Mediterranean Allure cruise out of my hard drive and finish it for those soon about to cruise on Harmony on the Mediterranean. There is a wealth of knowledge and the same banter as on this thread.

For those that have asked my next cruise it will be on Harmony of the Seas, on November 12th, 2016. If you are looking forward to another cruise experience with me, you'd better start packing your imaginary bags in early November. It will be her first full Caribbean sailing when she arrives in Florida so there will be lots new features to see. Hopefully you will join us again.

I am already starting to day dream about that cruise. Lisa has the only white car in our house and I have already started to toy with the idea of painting the lower portion of her car and adding a few graphics, in honour of the Oasis Class. I'm not sure she'll like the idea, but I bet it will grow on her. [emoji12]

ffce9be730fda6ac40d0d28f4661796a.jpg

Thanks for cruising and following us. I will pick you up in November, if I don't help you escape to the Mediterranean before that.

Andrew

The other thing we didn't get to see was Mama Mia, and anyone who saw it raved about it. I discovered that our one friend who works as a sports desk staff (who also doubles as the construction worker in the Village People) is dating "Sophie", the lead girl of Mama Mia. I got to hear her sing at Jazz on Four, and I would have loved to hear her sing in the play. If you have a chance to see this casual show in Jazz go, it is worth it. This shown runs the same night as the 70s dance party.

Too bad you missed Mamma Mia. I've seen it on land many times (between NY and Toronto). It's such a fun musical. Even my 6 year old will be seeing it for the 3rd time on the ship. Neat how on the ship, the actors perform at multiple venues. Funny that you hear about their personal lives too...some gossip.

Thanks again for an amazing review. I never had periscope until your cruise, and now I'm addicted.

Amazing that you'll be going on the Harmony in the fall. Hope you'll periscope again.

Edited by LuCruise