GTY Balcony?

swooldri

My cruise leaves in 3 weeks and I have a "GTY Balcony" with no assignment yet?

All the sites show only 2 inside staterooms available.

I have cruised a lot but have never had this situation.

What should I expect?:confused:

They have literally you arrive at the pier to assign. As there are always cabins held back for various reasons am sure there are more than just two cabins open. I would expect an assignment in the next week or so. If nothing 10 days out would call either Celebrity or your TA. Not unusual to have a late assignment especially on a TA cruise.

Hi,

the GTY means you will have a balcony..if it is an obstructed view or not will be the real story. You will not be given an inside room. The GTY can go either way...if you get an assignment 3 to 7 days before you may luck out and get a really nice cabin (someone cancels last minute). I do not like waiting so I have not booked a GTY in forever mainly because we have been on the bigger ships and DH has neuropathy in the legs and hates a long walk to the elevator.

We are sailing May 1st on the Summit. I booked Aqua GTY because of the price and I wanted Agua class. Within a week of booking I had a cabin assigned in A2 on the 11th deck ---- so very happy!

Good luck with your room

We just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Constellation. We booked a Balcony GNTY. Three days before the cruise Celebrity called and said we had to have an ocean view cabin. That is all they had left. We had the GNTY for a month before. We were reimbursed the difference in cabin price and were given a $250.00 on board credit. But I am still unhappy that we didn't get the Balcony we purchased. Good Luck... hope you get one.

Edited by LovetheSea

We just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Constellation. We booked a Balcony GNTY. Three days before the cruise Celebrity called and said we had to have an ocean view cabin. That is all they had left. We had the GNTY for a month before. We were reimbursed the difference in cabin price and were given a $250.00 on board credit. But I am still unhappy that we didn't get the Balcony we purchased. Good Luck... hope you get one.

I wondered how you had fared once onboard. Sorry to hear there was nothing available and you had to stay in your original OV :(. Hope it didn't have too much on an impact on the enjoyment of your cruise?

It is the only time I have ever heard of that happening.

It is the only time I have ever heard of that happening.

I also recall, possibly last year or 2014, when several 1C cabins on Equinox were reclassified as Concierge due to an overbooking of XC cabins. Poster didn't realise until she checked the assigned cabin number on a deck plan and saw it was not designated as a concierge cabin ;).

We have booked GNTYs a LOT. Never had this happen. They said to ask at the Guest Relations desk when we got on board to see if anything opened up. It didn't. I would have liked my cabin more if the window wasn't so dirty. Never was cleaned. Before or during the cruise. But we had a good time on the cruise anyway. But when someone mentioned their balcony. I got a twinge.