Caribbean cruise after a long time

jennybenny

Taking my mom on her first cruise ever! We are going on Royal princess for a 10 day Caribbean cruise. We have some time to prepare for it but I'm really excited about it. We've been cruising for years as a couple and then with our kids and friends. I'm hoping mom gets the bug and starts joining us for the holidays.

I have not been on a Caribbean cruise for a long time and this will be out first mini suite. My sister is joining us and no one wants a bunk bed. :)

I can't wait!

We are headed to ports I've never been to, Antigua, St Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados (we've done St Thomas and can't wait!!).

Looking forward to new adventures and any suggestions any of you can offer. Can't wait to see a Royal class ship!

Taking my mom on her first cruise ever! We are going on Royal princess for a 10 day Caribbean cruise. We have some time to prepare for it but I'm really excited about it. We've been cruising for years as a couple and then with our kids and friends. I'm hoping mom gets the bug and starts joining us for the holidays.

I have not been on a Caribbean cruise for a long time and this will be out first mini suite. My sister is joining us and no one wants a bunk bed. :)

I can't wait!

We are headed to ports I've never been to, Antigua, St Kitts, St Lucia, Barbados (we've done St Thomas and can't wait!!).

Looking forward to new adventures and any suggestions any of you can offer. Can't wait to see a Royal class ship!

First off, we have only been on the Regal. I suspect that you will enjoy the Royal even though there are a few differences between the two ships.

Sorry, just missed what the reference to a bunk bed meant, unless your sister is in the same cabin. In that case I believe that the mini has no bunk beds. Only a pull-out couch bed. I'm sure others will correct me if I am wrong.

As far as ports, we have been to all but one. We have always searched out port excursion ideas on the various trip adviser forums. Just Google each port and click on the links that show up.

Have a fantastic cruise. Sounds like a fun itinerary on a great ship!

Edited by ar1950

First off, we have only been on the Regal. I suspect that you will enjoy the Royal even though there are a few differences between the two ships.

Sorry, just missed what the reference to a bunk bed meant, unless your sister is in the same cabin. In that case I believe that the mini has no bunk beds. Only a pull-out couch bed. I'm sure others will correct me if I am wrong.

As far as ports, we have been to all but one. We have always searched out port excursion ideas on the various trip adviser forums. Just Google each port and click on the links that show up.

Have a fantastic cruise. Sounds like a fun itinerary on a great ship!

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, the reference to the bunk, is that the three of us are sharing a room, taking mom on a special trip for her retirement and we did not want a bunk, so the only way to accomplish that was with a mini. We are happy with that choice.

we've done a bunch of research on the ports too. Trip advisor and here, and it's been very helpful.

Thank you, we are looking forward to our trip.

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, the reference to the bunk, is that the three of us are sharing a room, taking mom on a special trip for her retirement and we did not want a bunk, so the only way to accomplish that was with a mini. We are happy with that choice.

we've done a bunch of research on the ports too. Trip advisor and here, and it's been very helpful.

Thank you, we are looking forward to our trip.

Cool. Sounds like you are doing everything to make your trip/cruise a good one. Wishing you the best. :cool:

I'm pretty sure that there will be a bunch more helpful posts here in the next couple of days. Stay tuned for more.

The Royal is a stunning ship. You wont be disappointed.

It was a nice surprise to find the food very good in the MDR, and more surprisingly, the buffet and we rarely will visit the buffet on a ship.

Enjoy your cruise. It will be great! :D

Edited by janetz

Not knowing how far in advance your cruise is booked but you might also try hooking up with your roll call as generally many people have the same questions and others have personal experiences on the ships and ports.