Cruising on Empress soon

Since this is a smaller ship than I am used to, will I have more problems with sea sickness? How many pools and hot tubs? Does it have a paid sanctuary area?

Not sure if these questions can be answered until it sails again, but thought I would ask.

No paid sanctaury( sounds like you have cruised Princess before)

If the seas are rough you will feel the motion since it is small... heck, you can feel the motion on the large ships as well if it gets really rough.

Looking at the deck plan, looks like one pool...can't tell how many hot tubs, but I would venture to guess two...just a guess.

Edited by PH8

Yes, I do cruise on Princess and NCL. I have been on Royal once before. I am anxious to see how a ship just out of refurb looks. Not sailing till June, so hope everyone keeps it clean and gets all the problems fixed before then.

Yes, I do cruise on Princess and NCL. I have been on Royal once before. I am anxious to see how a ship just out of refurb looks. Not sailing till June, so hope everyone keeps it clean and gets all the problems fixed before then.

I'll be on May 28th thru June 2nd..and I did cruise on her when she was the Nordic Empress in 2003.

Edited by PH8

All we can say is come on April 7th. This will be our second cruise so we are excided to give it a try again. I hope there are no rough seas as when we were on the Pride, 80mph winds yeah that was fun:eek:

I know you will have Carlos Torres and the Cruise Director and Cecy del Razo as the Activity Manager. I have cruised with Carlos as CD before and he always schedules plenty to do on the ship. Less of course on port days when many people are off the ship. But by mid to later in the afternoon the action gets going and well into the night.

We are trying to book a cruise on Empress for August, but those sailings are not available you.

Looking forward to reading about your sailing when you return.

As my mother would say, "Don't borrow trouble."

I don't know why you would assume that there will be "problems" that you "hope" will be fixed by June.

I know you will have Carlos Torres and the Cruise Director and Cecy del Razo as the Activity Manager. I have cruised with Carlos as CD before and he always schedules plenty to do on the ship. Less of course on port days when many people are off the ship. But by mid to later in the afternoon the action gets going and well into the night.

Like every cruise director.

We are trying to book a cruise on Empress for August, but those sailings are not available you.

Looking forward to reading about your sailing when you return.

I could have sworn that I've read that Elvis Pinto is going to be the cruise director?? Do you have some information or source that I do not know about? I guess i'd really like to know now which one is right. April 7th coming up quick!