The upgrade fairy is alive and well and...

mringenoldus

....landed on our Golden sailing for next Saturday!! We started in a D GTY, were assigned P332 a couple of months ago, were moved to P336 (D) for a little while today, and then BINGO! we were moved to a BD balcony!!!

It will be great to have the extra room - thanks upgrade fairy!

Now I just hope they don't move us back down!!

We booked almost a year in advance. Since there's only two of us, I was surprised when they assigned us to a quad cabin.

Since this is a cold weather itinerary, the balcony won't be as comfortable but it will still be nice to have the chance to look out at the fall colors.

I hope the next bump happens to one of you!!

Thanks everyone! I have been tracking the weather and I think Pam may be right - it looks like there will be a lot less rain than this week's group had.

Michael - you know me - I'm not happy unless I'm fretting about some detail. Very, very type A! Hope you and Virginia are well:)

Yes Maureen - type A.

Virginia is fine, thanks. (Although, today she is having a root canal!)

Hope the colors have turned for you. We've done Canada/New England twice - and once the colors were spectacular!!

Bon Voyage.

What a nice surprise. Congrats to you, and you will love your balcony even if it's a bit chilly. Wrap yourself in one of the Princess warm robes (ask if it's not in your cabin) and watch the sun come up on your balcony. We did that in Alaska with a steaming cup of coffee and it was wonderful Enjoy! Love hearing stories of upgrades. ;) :)

Nothing gets people talking more than the mystery of upgrades. If anyone ever figures it out they should keep it a family secret and pass it on to their kids. We booked in Aug.'05 for a Nov. '05 cruise. ( CB- eastern). We booked a BF balcony gtty and within 10 days we were upgraded to gtty BA balcony on Caribe deck. This will be our 9th Princess cruise which would throw water on the popular opinion that Princess upgrades new customers more.

Getting excited now and if the ship is crowded will enjoy the balcony even more. I think I'll preorder some beer for the room.........

Carl

Heck, I'm a travel agent and booked an obstructed view, (that's all that was left), hoping for an automatic upgrade "if one becomes available". I send many people their way, and am not upgraded. I guess it is the luck of the draw. Oh well. Just looking forward to being away. One more day to go!! Sonia

Oh that is a nice upgrade, good for you. We are booked for March 2006 still 5 months out and we just got our cabin assingment today, it will be our first time in an inside cabin ( cat JJ), have always booked outside before,but price was right, trying to economise so we can cruise more often :). Would love to get an upgrade, but if we don't we will be happy where we are. I don't suppose you see an upgrade from an inside to an outside very often if at all. Whatever, if I am on a ship I am happy :)

Cori

Archived